• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix Press Conference thread

Evlar

Banned
According to the google manglation the graphics look sweet, the setting is a mix of sci-fi and the Middle Ages (shocking!), and some stuff that's incomprehensible about the battle system. Seems you can see enemies on the field, you come close to them, and... some shit happens.

From the pics we can verify it has effin huge swords.

Mar

1164696306992-.gif

At last. Something to get excited about in this thread.

Mirimar said:
Simultaneous release, I wonder how they'll handle that? PS3 version Japan only, 360 version other territories? Or well...360/PS3 everywhere else?

I also wonder when they think that release will be?

2008, hopefully?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Note to whiny Nintendo fans who are bitching about the lack of Square Enix love for the DS, I have to say this are you god damned serious with this shit? Have you ever look at their release list for that system?

RaijinFY

Izzy said:
I don't understand the complaints - this is the break-up thus far:

DS: FF4 Remake
PSP: Final Fantasy Dissidia, Star Ocean 1&2 Remakes
PS3/360 : Last Remnant
WII: Chocobo
PS2: FFXII I

Sounds pretty good to me...

Yo! :lol :)

Snaku

Banned
Shard said:
Note to whiny Nintendo fans who are bitching about the lack of Square Enix love for the DS, I have to say this are you god damned serious with this shit? Have you ever look at their release list for that system?

I don't think anybody is bitching about their DS support.

Shard said:

eh... I wouldn't mind seeing more, and some of the PSP's stuff could be done on the DS... just sayin' :\

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Shard said:

I think our whining is Wii related

zoukka

Chris Michael said:
I think it looks pretty cool. I like the flag, gives me a patriotic war + swords vibe.

Yes. War and all the death possible is what this game needs to do well on 360. Personally im waiting for the guns.

But really, the faces of the characters look really bad. Resembles the art in FFXI.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yoboman said:
How is that relevant? PS3 is getting the biggest next gen JRPG by far, it will have the JRPG fanbase
PS3 is struggling to get to a million units and suddenly it has the RPG fanbase of the PS2? What?

Mirimar

TheJollyCorner said:
I also wonder when they think that release will be?

2008, hopefully?

Where will it fit in with FFXIII? :lol Actually nevermind, they need to keep on track with their 10 year plan. What a joy it'll be to see soo many FF titles in 2008 :D

Where's that guy making the Paper Mario shirts? I'd like to request "I stayed up all night and all I got was this stupid Chocobo game".

jj984jj said:
PS3 is struggling to get to a million units and suddenly it has the RPG fanbase of the PS2? What?

come on....we know your desperate for it on 360...but its on ps3....your just using your own desire to justify why it shouldnt be so....just give it up...its no big deal, ff on ps3, buy it if you want...Im sure other will

anyway, Im pleased there is another next gen rpg coming...but the game really reminds me of LO....although art is quite different

peace

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
So only Chocobo Dungeon for Wii? SE will be crying all the way to the non-bank with their negative money if thats all they got for the Wii.

I hope Last Remnant 360 is good.

El Papa said:
So Last Remnant is the first Square game on X360? That would be funny if it was PS3 in Japan and X360 in the US :lol

:lol

Acosta

Eteric Rice said:
I'm bitching about the Wii support.

And maybe I want one more game for the DS... Just one! :|

Are you going to keep crying about Wii support for the rest of your existence?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
nelsonroyale said:
stop with the stealth trash....

anyway, Im pleased there is another next gen rpg coming...but the game really reminds me of LO....although art is quite different

peace
Stealth what? It's ****ing reality, wake up and look at it. PS3 has been on the market 6 months now and is performing like shit. S-E has to look overseas to decide what platform to put next-generation games on now and 360 is the currently in the lead. Plus tri-Ace is making a game on the 360 already, they have their own engine to work with. It's makes the most sense to put SO4 on 360, there is nothing hidden about that.

ethelred said:
Check again. That's all JJ and Chris Michael are doing.
Thank for jumping to the wrong conclusion again ethelred, I love ya for the ass you are turning into. Disappointed about SO:SS = I should sell my DS too.

Phthisis

superbank said:
So only Chocobo Dungeon for Wii? SE will be crying all the way to the non-bank with their negative money if thats all they got for the Wii.

Negative money? So Square Enix is going to pay gamers to play its games because they're on systems other than the Wii?

Where the hell do I sign up for that?

Eteric Rice

Acosta said:
Are you going to keep crying about Wii support for the rest of your existence?

No, just until we get a serious RPG. I don't care if it's a spin-off, but at least make it a high quality one (IE, like Crisis Core is to VII).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
BrodiemanTTR said:
Where's that guy making the Paper Mario shirts? I'd like to request "I stayed up all night and all I got was this stupid Chocobo game".

Well I can't do one, but if like 20 and I'll do on CafePress :lol

sedaku

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/gemaga1985/

Some note on the Last Remnant:
- Ps3/Xbox360 , US/Japan Simultaneous
- Using Unreal engine
- The story take place in a medieval time-inspired alternative world where human and alien coexist.
- Active battlefield system (think FF12 system)
- Command-based RPG, but you will be able to control large army. The battlefield, element will change as circumstance change.
- Some actual battle scene was showed (hopefully we will see some video soon)

More detail will be reveal on May 30th

img_27645_5678934_2.jpg

Dangit Squaresoft-Enix....QUIT giving me legitimate reasons to own a PSP.

STOP IT.

/e curls up in a little ball and begins to cry

Top Bottom