• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I used Battlefield: Hardline's trial, I forgot how the timer system worked.

So, are the 10 hours on a countdown from the second we open the application, 10 hours inside the application (so in-game time) or 10 hours on a countdown that can be stopped/started if the system is powered down entirely and powered on again?

Anyways, hyped for the trial tomorrow and even more hyped for the PC launch Tuesday!

10 hours from the second the application is open (as in the game, not the EA Access app, to be clear).

DO NOT BUY THE DELUXE EDITION

Unless you want 2 emotes. That's the only thing that's exclusive about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it simply gives you "instant" access to a few pieces of gear you can unlock normally after a few games.

Almost decided to get it just because of the cover art. I like it a lot better than the base game and GCU helps.

mileS

I'm super excited about this. I didn't play the beta, so some of the feedback from that has me worried. Not so much the spawn points and minor things like that but the overwhelming 'it's boring' comments.

I don't mind if it ends up being a super casual shooter. In fact I kind of look forward to a pick up and play style of game for a change. After playing nothing but massive open world games for well, most of the year I could use a game like this.

N30RYU

I hope ppl will be clever enough to not use any helmetless skin with the empire.

For god sake how Dice though this was a good idea...

I can tolerate a female stormtrooper... but a helmetless stormtrooper... wtf

JDHarbs

Thanks, so shutting down the console fully after a play session should stop the clock since it isn't server-side, right?

IIRC, I did that with Battlefield.
This will be my first time using EA Access so I'd like to know this as well.

Am I going to be forced to play for 10 hours straight before it locks, or will the time stop when I exit the game/shut down the console?

SegaShack

So I haven't played the beta, would someone be able to tell me how different this is from the past titles? I actually wanted something really close to Battlefront 1 and 2 but judging from the first post it doesn't seem like this is.

Pachimari

Can't wait for this to go up on EA Access. I'll give it one more go and if I really like it, I'll pick it up for PC in December.

Am I going to be forced to play for 10 hours straight before it locks, or will the time stop when I exit the game/shut down the console?

Just close down the game every time you finish, and you will be good to go.

It'll stop when you exit the game (as in close the game - don't go out into the Xbox guide and leave it open otherwise the timer keeps going) or turn off the console.

NateDrake

The time stops when you exit/close the game. When you play again, it'll say "You have XXX time remaining to your trial". You have a legit 10hrs to play.

adj_noun

I hope ppl will be clever enough to not use any helmetless skin with the empire.

You'll be able to tell the purists on any Rebel team from the concentrated fire rivaling what Vader usually gets honing in on any helmetless Stormies.

JDHarbs

Just close down the game every time you finish, and you will be good to go.

It'll stop when you exit the game (as in close the game - don't go out into the Xbox guide and leave it open otherwise the timer keeps going) or turn off the console.

The time stops when you exit/close the game. When you play again, it'll say "You have XXX time remaining to your trial". You have a legit 10hrs to play.

I can tolerate a female stormtrooper... but a helmetless stormtrooper... wtf

I really hope DICE adds option to turn all stormtroopers to appear with the helmet.

vypek

Really excited for this game. I decided to get the deluxe edition cause I liked the box art more and I have amazon credits will make it the price I would pay for the standard edition. Too bad it doesn't come with anything that is really significant. But the cover art is good enough for me.

DO NOT BUY THE DELUXE EDITION

Unless you want 2 emotes. That's the only thing that's exclusive about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but it simply gives you "instant" access to a few pieces of gear you can unlock normally after a few games.

I like the cover haha, plus the best buy discount is ok , cover > content ;p

we ready, lets go EA access

Almost decided to get it just because of the cover art. I like it a lot better than the base game and GCU helps.

That's why I bought it - the cover art.

Then I remembered that these things don't affect digital PSN orders, particularly how the final dash icon looks. So basically... I'm an idiot.

Pachimari

No, just manually close the application once you're done playing. (home -> menu button -> quit)
If I press the Xbox button then it just goes to the dashboard. Am I supposed to press the menu button there and then quit the game

Because I have still not managed to find out, how to quit a game.

If I press the Xbox button then it just goes to the dashboard. Am I supposed to press the menu button there and then quit the game

That's how. From the dashboard, highlight the game, then menu button > quit.

Yes, whatever you cursor is highlighting in the dashboard, you press menu and it will give you options for that game/application.

GravyButt

Nice job op on the OT! This is going to eat into some fallout time for sure!

Got my functional capacity evaluation to hopefully get cleared tomorrow morning then when thats done this should hopefully be up on access!

JDHarbs

I still dont understand the offline mode stuff, can i play Hoth against bots with a friend?
Depends what you mean by "play Hoth". Like Walker Assault from the beta against bots? Then no.

Battles & Hero Battles modes are the only ones that are basically a competitive match against bots.

SIMPLICITY

Star Wars Battlefront marks a return to a simpler time of shooter games. There are no killstreaks, perks, or weapon attachments. No prone stance, or limited movement when aiming down a sight. Access to powerful weapons and vehicles are scattered around the map for the taking. Weapons have unlimited ammo in addition to an active-reload style cooldown system, and are weaker than most of today’s shooters which result in longer times to kill.

Ummm.....

OLXakfp.png

JDHarbs

So no vehicle only battles?

Damn.
In online multiplyer, yes (Fighter Squadron). In offline missions w/ bots, no. Just some vehicle-focused training missions.

SIMPLICITY

Star Wars Battlefront marks a return to a simpler time of shooter games. There are no killstreaks, perks, or weapon attachments. No prone stance, or limited movement when aiming down a sight. Access to powerful weapons and vehicles are scattered around the map for the taking. Weapons have unlimited ammo in addition to an active-reload style cooldown system, and are weaker than most of today’s shooters which result in longer times to kill.

Ummm.....

OLXakfp.png
Woops. That should read "killstreak rewards". Thanks for the heads-up.

It's just a points multiplier for XP I think.
Yup. Just points bonuses. No rewards like weapon drops, or typical CoD stuff.

Ramirez

SIMPLICITY

Ummm.....

OLXakfp.png

It's just a points multiplier for XP I think.

Probably against better judgement, I'm even in on the Season Pass. Been burned with every other Season Pass, hopefully DICE does not disappoint. But my hype is through the roof.

Really excited for this. Wish there was a mode where you could explore the maps without getting shot in the face tho :( I wanna see some of the iconic stuff in the game!

I pre-loaded my digital copy last night on PS4, is that normal? lol

jet1911

SIMPLICITY

Ummm.....

OLXakfp.png

As in a streak of kills. :p

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I would hope in the next couple hours it would pop up. Most EA Access things go up around 9pm EST Wednesdays, though NFS went up way early.

This is my first time trying out EA Access. So does the download come through their app, or the general Xbox store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom