• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

M_to_P

Wishlist backdoor from last release seems to work this release :D

WPijgAA.png

How does this work?

I was able to score a triple black vapormax.. my size too. I was happy. Was...

I'm not sure yet but so far this has got to be the worst 200$ i spent on a shoe. I want a shoe i can use for running and training.. this shoe is good at neither of those. You buy these if you have the money for ultraboost but nothing can be found and you throw a hissy fit because of it so you just burn that shoe money instead.

Oxn

I was able to score a triple black vapormax.. my size too. I was happy. Was...

I'm not sure yet but so far this has got to be the worst 200$ i spent on a shoe. I want a shoe i can use for running and training.. this shoe is good at neither of those. You buy these if you have the money for ultraboost but nothing can be found and you throw a hissy fit because of it so you just burn that shoe money instead.

I really dont know what Nike was thinking with this shoe. With certain colors like the Nikelab triple black (where even the bubbles were black) it looks hot. But once the novelty wears off, its like, what is this shoe really good for?

acohrs

I really dont know what Nike was thinking with this shoe. With certain colors like the Nikelab triple black (where even the bubbles were black) it looks hot. But once the novelty wears off, its like, what is this shoe really good for?

last hurrah for air technology? Air technology is overpriced and not even the best nike tech anymore, lunar has surpassed it

VaporMax was one of three new soles for Nike. React and ZoomX are the two others. I'd say they're a lifestyle shoe but a few folks over at NT have been running a lot in them.

Nohig really. Support is bad. The sole is too soft and unstable for me to consider this shoe to do squats with weights or run fast. Can't use this for long distance running or you'll end up buying another pair in months. Traction is bad if the surface is wet. Don't even bother running in these if it just rained.

To me its just for fashion if you're aiming for that casual/ modern street look. You can use this for the gym too depending on the activity. Nike offers better shoes for less price than this. Between this and UB.. looks or performance wise it's UB and it's not even a contest.

Oxn

react is rumoured to be Nike's answer to boost right?

I suppose but since its only coming out for 2 basketball shoes atm, i think its gear more towards that and runners, with a more responsive feel.

My guess is the answer to the bounce in Alphabounce.

acohrs

I've always thought it was the Lunarlon ir the Free then the third try is Vapormax
ohhh.png

lunarlon and free were before boost, so can't be nike's modern answer to boost tech.

didn't know the react was only going to be in basketball shoes at the beginning, probably not meant to compete with boost then. So, zoomx and vapormax must be the ones then. But 250 USD estimated price for zoomx prices it out of being for the same market as the UB, so vapormax at 190 USD and 210 EUR must be what they're pushing to compete with the UB.

lunarlon and free were before boost, so can't be nike's modern answer to boost tech.

didn't know the react was only going to be in basketball shoes at the beginning, probably not meant to compete with boost then. So, zoomx and vapormax must be the ones then. But 250 USD estimated price for zoomx prices it out of being for the same market as the UB, so vapormax at 190 USD and 210 EUR must be what they're pushing to compete with the UB.
Neither are an answer to boost. VaporMax is intended to be the next generation of air technology. ZoomX is intended to be the next generation of Zoom that's aimed at marathon runners.

acohrs

They should wrap the vapormax in lunarlon, so that you dont feel like your gonna tip over if you lean one way.

That just sounds like the air max 90 lunar, no? Have a pair, I like them but for an air and lunar shoe, they didn't set the world on fire

Oxn

That just sounds like the air max 90 lunar, no? Have a pair, I like them but for an air and lunar shoe, they didn't set the world on fire

Yea but thats just one bubble. I mean like the same as a Vapormax, and fill the rest of the missing space with Lunarlon.

Edit:

I really like this colorway as well. If they ever go on a firesale i might consider it.

899473_004_E_PREM

acohrs

Yea but thats just one bubble. I mean like the same as a Vapormax, and fill the rest of the missing space with Lunarlon.

Edit:

I really like this colorway as well. If they ever go on a firesale i might consider it.

899473_004_E_PREM

Think they would work against each other rather than complement each other. Also, think it will take a year or two for hype for air vapormax to die down and the shoes to go to discount.

ruxtpin

Banned
I was just watching reviews on YT for the VaporMax. I think I'll have to try them on before committing to buying (unlike the Adidas Stan Smith's with gum soles I just ordered; wanted something white for summer).

Cant believe the L...
Adidas Europe apparently had around 28k pairs. I get on the website right as it opens up and stayed for around 2 hours before they all sold out. Really contemplating buying a bot for the next release...

You don't really need bota for ADC. You just need to know what exploits are working. ADC always seems to have some kind of workaround. Plus, there are scripts available for free, just gotta know where to look (or ask).

Unfortunately I don't know them or really care that much. These shoes are nice to have but if manually striking out means I save a couple of bucks then hey. Win win.

Still holding this L

Acrylic7

June 19.
Final release date. Going to try and use something other than snkrs app because It fucking sucks soooooooo bad.

NIKE-AIR-MORE-UPTEMPO-CHICAGO-BULLS-SCOTTIE-PIPPEN-6.jpg

really want these. no release date so far.

KITH-CONVERSE-COCA-COLA-CHUCK0-TAYLOR-4.jpg

TheTurboFD

June 19.
Final release date. Going to try and use something other than snkrs app because It fucking sucks soooooooo bad.

NIKE-AIR-MORE-UPTEMPO-CHICAGO-BULLS-SCOTTIE-PIPPEN-6.jpg

really want these. no release date so far.

KITH-CONVERSE-COCA-COLA-CHUCK0-TAYLOR-4.jpg

I need those converses

How does this work?

Was a trick someone had for the first Zebra release where you were able to add it to the wishlist and then add to cart but then Adidas blocked it. It was still on my wishlist this release and I saw it wasn't blocked this time around.

LosDaddie

Banned
Looks like there are no raffles for the Red suede AJ5s releasing this weekend. 😕 I may have to camp out to get mine.

Is SNKRS still a good app to use for retro Jordan releases?

What websites do people use to keep up with release dates and links where to buy?

If you use Instagram, then give "zsneakerheadz" a follow. They usually have way early photos of upcoming releases....but mainly Jordans.

Looks like there are no raffles for the Red suede AJ5s releasing this weekend. 😕 I may have to camp out to get mine.

If you use Instagram, then give "zsneakerheadz" a follow. They usually have way early photos of upcoming releases....but mainly Jordans.

I have a feeling they will be sitting...

Zekes!

I'd like those AJ5's more if they didn't have a grey tongue

Zebra release got me a bit salty. Going to need to stay away from those stupid rep forums.

Seriously don't need to be wasting money on fake shoes lol.

Definitely going to get the red 5s this weekend. They're no Raging Bulls but they look real nice from YT videos.

I'll be getting the blue suede 5s when those release too.

Air-Jordan-5-Blue-Suede-1-1-681x383.jpg

Top Bottom