• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ehker
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:47 AM)

Originally Posted by leeh

So because I said DF came to a solid conclusion that its running realtime on a 1X I'm bias towards Xbox? K. Great conclusion jump.

What? No, you're post history. You're 9 out of 10 friends buy Halo digitally. You lost a bet and have crying Xbox avatar. This wasn't a random pull as I've seen you post here. You love Xbox and now defend an E3 trailer claimed to be running on an XB1X. You should still question it, even if you love the brand.
Bits N Pieces
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:48 AM)
Bits N Pieces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kenzodielocke

Didn't know DICE were developing this. :P

You know what I meant! ;)

I think with the time and resource getting pumped into this game and with work being shared between the EA studios using Frostbite then Anthem has a really great shot at nailing the reveal footage at release.
reKon
Banned
(07-10-2017, 12:48 AM)
Lol at doubting the frostbite engine. I don't understand why people keeping doing this.
Aztechnology
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:49 AM)
Aztechnology's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lovely Salsa

Wasnt there someone on neogaf that has seen it played live for the trailer?

Fezan
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:51 AM)
Fezan's Avatar
Nope
. It looks good but not that good.

Also
Battlefront didn't get downgraded.
BF1 didn't gets downgraded.

So this is totaly doable especially on PC
JP
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:51 AM)
JP's Avatar
It's a year and a half away so I'd expect there to be changes, not because EA are doing something deceptive but because it's normal for things to change over development. Some aspects may even be improved over time but I do think it'll look pretty close to what they've shown so far.
cackhyena
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:52 AM)
cackhyena's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fezan

Nope
. It looks good but not that good.

Also
Battlefront didn't get downgraded.
BF1 didn't gets downgraded.

So this is totaly doable especially on PC

Neither are open world.
SMG
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:52 AM)
SMG's Avatar
Follige, iq and draw distance will take a hit. It's always the way sadly.
Pop up is something apparently only bothers me.
SenjutsuSage
(07-10-2017, 12:53 AM)
SenjutsuSage's Avatar
Nope, it won't be because that was real gameplay running on Xbox One X. Now, maybe they'll come up with some way to limit the flight capabilities, this way you can't just seemingly fly anywhere that is within your line of sight, but the visuals on display is most definitely what people will be playing on Xbox One X.

Why? Nothing on display is impossible for the system. There's a better chance of the game not looking this good on original Xbox One/S & PS4 as opposed to PS4 Pro or Xbox One X.

Who knows what we'll see on the Pro, but I'm fairly confident the Xbox One X can pull off what's shown.
Crossing Eden
Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
(07-10-2017, 12:53 AM)
Crossing Eden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

Xbox, obviously! You know that.

And DF isn't always the best source, since they also said Watch_Dogs delivered on the promise of its initial E3 2012 trailer. That's a hard claim to take.

It's time to get wiser to these E3 trailers, don't you think? Wait for real gameplay.

Iirc, What DF meant by that statement is that a lot of the effects in that original trailer are for the most part met but that in the final game they never come together so perfectly. If anything the game will most certainly look like this on PC considering the team has had years of experience with frostbite at this point. Don't expect much for the current gen consoles but they demoed it on the 1x for a reason.
mcrommert
Banned
(07-10-2017, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Squire

How many times are y'all going to do this with Frostbite games only to be proven wrong?

Yep... Frostbite games don't get real downgrades


Ever
VlaudTheImpaler
tl;dr
(07-10-2017, 12:54 AM)
VlaudTheImpaler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

What? No, you're post history. You're 9 out of 10 friends buy Halo digitally. You lost a bet and have crying Xbox avatar. This isn't a random pull, I've seen you post here. You love Xbox and now defend an E3 trailer claimed to be running on an XB1X. You should still question it.

Prove them wrong about their belief by using facts or sound arguments or stop.

Saying well you are biased towards x is a cheap and petty way of trying to shut down a conversation.

We all have our preferences. You are right that we should question everything that favors or disfavors them. But you are just assuming that the poster in question hasn't already done that by saying that they are a fanboy.
leeh
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:55 AM)
leeh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

What? No, you're post history. You're 9 out of 10 friends buy Halo digitally. You lost a bet and have crying Xbox avatar. This wasn't a random pull as I've seen you post here. You love Xbox and now defend an E3 trailer claimed to be running on an XB1X. You should still question it, even if you love the brand.

I dont post much in PS4 threads, but when I do, its mostly positive so I dont really get quoted much. I dont go in PS threads in general because I dont have a PS, something which more people should respect on here.

So, I go in a thread of pure hatred towards a game because people think it will be downgraded, saying the opposite and get accused of being a fanboy? You're everything what's wrong with this forum.

Like it or not, that game was running real-time on a 1X, and if it was the same on the Pro, I'd say the same fucking thing.
Guymelef
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:56 AM)
Guymelef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fezan

Nope
. It looks good but not that good.

Also
Battlefront didn't get downgraded.
BF1 didn't gets downgraded.

So this is totaly doable especially on PC

DICE games, DICE Engine.
Ehker
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

Iirc, What DF meant by that statement is that a lot of the effects in that original trailer are for the most part met but that in the final game they never come together so perfectly. If anything the game will most certainly look like this on PC considering the team has had years of experience with frostbite at this point. Don't expect much for the current gen consoles but they demoed it on the 1x for a reason.

I still wouldn't give a pass to DF saying Watch Dogs truly delivered on the promise of its initial E3 2012 reveal. That trailer was custom made and for an organization that nitpicks the type of antialiasing used, I don't agree with saying UBI delivered on Watch_Dogs.
borges
Banned
(07-10-2017, 12:58 AM)
Add me to optimistic team. It will look as good or even better.
LiquidSolid
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:58 AM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by mcrommert

Yep... Frostbite games don't get real downgrades


Ever

I love how Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda suddenly never happened.
cakely
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:58 AM)
cakely's Avatar
Yes, absolutely.

This question doesn't really need to be asked (your thread is fine, however).
leeh
Member
(07-10-2017, 12:59 AM)
leeh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

I still wouldn't give a pass to DF saying Watch Dogs truly delivered on the promise of its initial E3 2012 reveal. That trailer was custom made and for an organization that nitpicks the type of antialiasing used, I don't agree with saying UBI delivered on Watch_Dogs.

I recall that a developer involved with that trailer stated the reason it was like that is cause they guessed what the specs would be like for next-gen and what they presumed was wildly from what they got.

Bit different to running on a real devkit wouldn't you say?
Ehker
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:00 AM)

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

Prove them wrong about their belief by using facts or sound arguments or stop.

Saying well you are biased towards x is a cheap and petty way of trying to shut down a conversation.

We all have our preferences. You are right that we should question everything that favors or disfavors them. But you are just assuming that the poster in question hasn't already done that by saying that they are a fanboy.

I'm telling Leeh to doubt E3 trailers, as we've had so many false examples so far. I don't think that's something that needs to be proven, though you seem to want to take this trailer without proof. We're the ones needing proof, not people making E3 trailers or those who believe them without evidence because they're shown on a system they support.
Zombegoast
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:01 AM)
Zombegoast's Avatar
People bringing up Dice when their BF4 Demo at Microsoft's E3 conference was also graphically downgraded in the retail release.

Of course it's going to be downgraded. It's too good for a pre alpha.
leeh
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:02 AM)
leeh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

I'm telling Leeh to doubt E3 trailers, as we've had so many false examples so far. I don't think that's something that needs to be proven, though you seem to want to take this trailer without proof. We're the ones needing proof, not people making E3 trailers or those who believe them without evidence because they're shown on a system some support.

I'd take DF as the best proof we have rather than your ramblings.
Rosstimus
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:03 AM)
Rosstimus's Avatar
I do.
Ehker
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:03 AM)

Originally Posted by leeh

I'd take DF as the best proof we have rather than your ramblings.

My ramblings? Where have I rambled?
MikeE21286
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:03 AM)
MikeE21286's Avatar
Absolutely.
Hubble
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:03 AM)
Hubble's Avatar
Battlefront and Battlefield 1 actually look great on PC so if any, I don't think it will be too bad.
St3v3
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:03 AM)
St3v3's Avatar
Without a shadow of a doubt. It'll still look good, just not that good.
DangerMouse
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:04 AM)
DangerMouse's Avatar
Yep. Definitely. Though it'll still look good.
leeh
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:04 AM)
leeh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

My ramblings? Where have I rambled?

No proof, fanboy, not real time, don't believe it, yada yada.

Just watch the bloody thing, there's pop-in for crying out loud. That Metro "gameplay" trailer was a glorified cutscene, this was a real-time demo and DF has the same point of view.
VlaudTheImpaler
tl;dr
(07-10-2017, 01:04 AM)
VlaudTheImpaler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

I'm telling Leeh to doubt E3 trailers, as we've had so many false examples so far. I don't think that's something that needs to be proven, though you seem to want to take this trailer without proof. We're the ones needing proof, not people making E3 trailers or those who believe them without evidence because they're shown on a system they support.

Again, you are assuming that the poster in question hasn't already taken what info we know with a dose of skepticism just because they haven't arrived at the same conclusion you have.

And I don't think I've even given my opinion on this matter in this thread so I don't know where you are coming from when you say I want to take the trailer without proof...?
celsowmbr
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:06 AM)
celsowmbr's Avatar
totally yes
Whompa02
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:06 AM)
Whompa02's Avatar
No it will get an upgrade and BLOW YOUR MIND.

Literally never happened ever. It can only go downhill from here.
Ehker
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

Again, you are assuming that the poster in question hasn't already taken what info we know with a dose of skepticism just because they haven't arrived at the same conclusion you have.

And I don't think I've even given my opinion on this matter in this thread so I don't know where you are coming from when you say I want to take the trailer without proof...?

Vlad, you asked me for Proof. So that means you believe the trailer, or feel I need to out prove it. I shouldn't have to prove the E3 trailer, like you say:
"Prove them wrong about their belief by using facts or sound arguments or stop."

And Leeh dispelled skepticism right here:

Originally Posted by leeh

NeoGAF, the depression of gaming.

Seriously, what's up with everyone? The game was clarified to be running on a 1X with CBR; pop-in is seen in the trailer and you all still claim it's rendered on a stupid PC.

Gurish
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:09 AM)
Gurish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theswweet

I wouldn't be surprised, though I did notice some pop-in on the gameplay footage.

I don't think anyone believes it is fake or pre rendered or whatever, just that it might be a typical E3 vertical slice built to show off the engine but it might not indicate how a full and a "real" game would look like, that basically it was just a tech demo.

Not that I suggest this is the case for Anthem.
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(07-10-2017, 01:10 AM)
Chamber's Avatar
Yes
Sho Nuff
Banned
(07-10-2017, 01:11 AM)
Oh yeah.
VlaudTheImpaler
tl;dr
(07-10-2017, 01:12 AM)
VlaudTheImpaler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

Vlad, you asked me for Proof. So that means you believe the trailer, or feel I need to out prove it. I shouldn't have to prove the E3 trailer, like you say:
"Prove them wrong about their belief by using facts or sound arguments or stop."

And Leeh dispelled skepticism right here:

I never once asked you to prove anything about this trailer to me.

I said that you should prove Leeh wrong of their belief instead of just calling them a fanboy.

And no, Leeh's post was obviously referring to people thinking that this was played on a high powered PC when we have proof from the devs themselves that it was played on a 1X.
Ehker
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:14 AM)

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

I never once asked you to prove anything about this trailer to me.

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

Prove them wrong about their belief by using facts or sound arguments or stop.

Yes you did, as quoted above.

Now I can't prove a made up E3 trailer wrong as you demand, but I'm only asking for skepticism, which Leeh so far doesn't think we should even have at this point.

In regards to the rest of your post, Leeh is clearly biased, and it doesn't matter, we're looking to back up this trailer. The rest is fanboy nonsense.
borges
Banned
(07-10-2017, 01:17 AM)
Wait, this game ran on a 1X? Well, if thats the case, this thread makes no more sense ha.
RoadHazard
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:19 AM)
RoadHazard's Avatar
I'm getting pretty strong Destiny vibes from this, in the "look at this huge open world you can explore - well, actually, you can only explore small sections of it" sense.

But yes, it will also get downgraded visually.
jelly
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:19 AM)
Didn't look that hard to hit except the start which will be way worse unless it's a scripted part.The foliage density makes it look fantastic but the quality isn't anything amazing there. I think once a player stops and walks around off the rollercoaster path, you will see a pretty nice game but with all the usual aspects when you actually focus on stuff, it's all there in that demo but the rise gets you.
Wagram
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:21 AM)
Wagram's Avatar
Absolutely. There's no way it looks like it did at E3.
Fried Food
Banned
(07-10-2017, 01:21 AM)
games get show early with graphics that aren't there at launch. Welcome to marketing. It won't look as good. How many times do we need to go through this. It might look really good, but not like they've sold so far.
BBboy20
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:21 AM)
BBboy20's Avatar
Sure.
cordy
Banned
(07-10-2017, 01:21 AM)
If it doesn't I'd be surprised.
cragarmi
Junior Member
(07-10-2017, 01:22 AM)
cragarmi's Avatar

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

I never once asked you to prove anything about this trailer to me.

I said that you should prove Leeh wrong of their belief instead of just calling them a fanboy.

And no, Leeh's post was obviously referring to people thinking that this was played on a high powered PC when we have proof from the devs themselves that it was played on a 1X.

Did they specifically mention if it was retail? That devkit has double the memory which wouldn't hurt with those high quality assets and effects. I think it has extra cus too? Also yeah because vertical slice.
DSN2K
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:22 AM)
DSN2K's Avatar
PC version could manage it if it's not held back by Console optimisations.
VlaudTheImpaler
tl;dr
(07-10-2017, 01:23 AM)
VlaudTheImpaler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ehker

Yes you did. In regards to the rest of your post, Leeh is clearly biased, I don't know why you fight it. It doesn't matter, we're looking to back up this trailer, the rest is fanboy nonsense.

This was my post,

Originally Posted by VlaudTheImpaler

Prove them wrong about their belief by using facts or sound arguments or stop.

Saying well you are biased towards x is a cheap and petty way of trying to shut down a conversation.

We all have our preferences. You are right that we should question everything that favors or disfavors them. But you are just assuming that the poster in question hasn't already done that by saying that they are a fanboy.

Nothing about this post implies my opinion on this trailer or asks you to prove any of it's validity to me personally.

Let fanboys out themselves through logical discourse instead of using it as a cheap way of shutting someone down.

Why would you even engage with someone that you thought was a fanboy if you thought that there was no reasoning with them in the first place?

Again, you are implying that Leeh hasn't already taken the situation with a grain of salt just because they are a fan of the platform. Maybe you are right. But you are still assuming and you could be wrong and the best way to handle these situations from a community perspective is through kind and logical discourse which will out bias in the end.
Ahasverus
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:25 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar
Absolutely yes.
XAL
Member
(07-10-2017, 01:25 AM)
XAL's Avatar
100% this will get sizable downgrades.

I'm baffled when people get ultra hyped and call it an x or y killer when all you've seen is a highly focused and pre-scripted slice of pre-alpha gameplay, that definitely is maximizing the power of the engine and not representative of what a full game will actually look like.

As soon as they walked through the market at the beginning I said out loud "there is no way it will look this good when it comes out".

Thread Tools