• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Tidalwave

I remember reading someone say you can choose someone as your main in a menu to get gear for specifically. Any idea how to do that?

DrBo42

I remember reading someone say you can choose someone as your main in a menu to get gear for specifically. Any idea how to do that?

Not sure if that exists. If you go into Extras -> Options -> Gameplay settings there's "Gear Drop Character Bias" which I assume leans drops in the favor of who you're playing but that's on by default. Don't think you can further tune it. If you can I've completely missed the option.

Transmogging your gear is a total rip off it costs 2k source crystals so it's five bucks a set a dollar per item change everytime that's gonna add up.

DrBo42

Transmogging your gear is a total rip off it costs 2k source crystals so it's five bucks a set a dollar per item change everytime that's gonna add up.

You earn source crystals in game at an okay rate. Not enough to make that an easy endeavor for a full set but it's doable on a main.

You earn source crystals in game at an okay rate. Not enough to make that an easy endeavor for a full set but it's doable on a main.

Everything is reasonable, from the rate at which you earn source crystals, to the costs required to buy them. NRS has totally found the sweet spot.

If I get the standard edition, can I go onto the PSN store and buy everything that comes with the Ultimate Edition either individually or as part as a pass, or is there anything that's exclusive to the Ultimate Edition?

I'm torn, on the one hand I like the look of the Ultimate Edition, but on the other I probably won't really play any of the DLC characters, but then again there's a chance that one might click with me.

If I get the standard edition, can I go onto the PSN store and buy everything that comes with the Ultimate Edition either individually or as part as a pass, or is there anything that's exclusive to the Ultimate Edition?

I'm torn, on the one hand I like the look of the Ultimate Edition, but on the other I probably won't really play any of the DLC characters, but then again there's a chance that one might click with me.
You get everything with the UE. Except the cool looking steelbook.

If it makes you feel better, I bought it digital and didn't get a steelbook either :(

It's really upto you, everything's gonna be available as packs as well as piecemeal.

Just beat my first pass through the story mode. I felt that was quite excellent, coming from the perspective that I feel like all of DC's film output has been really lacking the last few years... And admittedly, that's been my only real connection to any DC content -- I've not had any exposure to the animated or comic book content going on about 4 years now.

Will try to wrap up more of it tomorrow for full completion.

Game looks noticeably gorgeous, too -- I'm really looking forward to Tekken 7 as well and think that it has fine visuals from what I've seen, but I really don't think there's any other fighting games this side of Guilty Gear Xrd that even come close to looking this pretty. I really, really enjoy the "photoreal" design of the characters in the full game. I wasn't really too skeptical of it in previews (I liked it there), but NRS really seems to have gone out of their way to make sure their facial expressions come across and genuine too, and I greatly appreciate how it comes together in the final game.

I'm impressed!

K3PbG1S.png

That's what I'm thinking but I think it's under the single player menu which says offline game modes.

Anyone tested this? Is multiverse mode available when you don't have Gold or PS+?

Tyaren

need them ps4 pro deets.

Also is the game 30 or 60 fps?

As basically all fighters it is 60fps.
What Pro features are concerned they have been very vague. Apparently nicer textures and shadows. Resolution is increased to 1400p checkerboarding according to some sources. No clue if downsampling on HDTVs is enabled. Hard to tell. We need professional pixel counters to get on that case. ;)

You get everything with the UE. Except the cool looking steelbook.

If it makes you feel better, I bought it digital and didn't get a steelbook either :(

It's really upto you, everything's gonna be available as packs as well as piecemeal.

Hmmm... I'll have to think about it. The steelbook is one of the main reasons I'm considering it. I'm definitely gonna get the game, because I liked the original, but I only used a handful of characters, and Cyborg is the only one of them who has returned. Unless the existing roster have had significant changes, I'm basically getting the game to play Cyborg, hope that a newcomer is interesting (I like the look of Swamp Thing and Black Canary), preordering to get a character I'll never use but would be getting solely for completion sake, and then paying twice the price of the game for 9 extra characters who I might not even use.

^ The shaders are exclusive to UE and Premium

Right, gotcha.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Joker really did not need to be in this game.

Considering how much carryover their is from Injustice 1 in terms of feel and roster, they'd be foolish to not carry over DC's most recognizable bad guy. Even if they have to find an arbitrary inclusion for him in the story.

Nasbin

This is the first NRS game that's releasing with good netcode at launch. Excited to watch the game's development with the benefit of a large community that actually wants to play online.

jrush64

Banned
Ok.. Ok... ok.. I've tried to avoid it but i will probably get this game because of the story mode. I need my DC fix.

Also weekly's end in 2-ish hours it looks like.

So we will fail beating the Boss Flash for the guild on PS4 :( but man is that fun to try.

Galdelico

Which do you guys prefer:

Having this be the Roster or keep it the way it is just with some improved images?

I'd say the current one, personally. If you plan to adjust it, since you went for an alphabetical order, be sure to move Black Adam before Black Canary. ;)

Santar

Could anybody that has the game please try disabling internet and try to launch multiverse and see what happens?
Really curious if it works offline or maybe some parts of it does.

Top Bottom