• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most clever/funniest usernames you've encountered online?

One time in CoD4 I was killed by "some random teammate." I had to double take because I couldn't believe the game didn't know which one of my teammates had killed me, haha. Sneaky.

pakkit

Banned
Oichi said:
In diablo I knew a girl who played a Rogue named NiceAssets:) -- apparently she did have nice assets too!
NeoGAFian law states quite clearly that this person was a man.

hobbitx

Mucking Foron always makes me giggle.

I also saw a dude who's name was, "Brits look good in drag!" and he had a Monty Python avatar. :lol

pakkit

Banned
There was once a forum I was at where we raided a stripping website and implored the webcam ladies to put shoes on their head whilst donning gamer-centric handles. Then someone made a girl cry by asking her why she couldn't leave, at which point she started talking about her pimp and how he mistreats her and then the forum realized what it actually was doing and felt guilty and stopped.

All in all, it was pretty clever.

Obviously enough only understandable for Dutch GAFfers but a few of my mates have these as their WoW usernames:

lustobject
koekenbakker
pitspoes

neorej

ERMYGERD!
During my Quake 2-days, someone in my social circles had the name "himself"

"MisterPunk was killed by himself", etc

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I managed to snag "Apokotaninshitao" for a scout mule I placed at Adamantoise's pop point in FFXI. I felt proud of myself.

(It was a popular FFXI meme at the time...)

//
    / 人
    / (__) パカ
   /∩ (____)   あ、ぽこたんインしたお!
   / |( ・∀・)_
  // |   ヽ/
  " ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄"∪

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Me and my buddy played Left 4 Dead Survival with two random guys called "Lex" and "Plode".

We were like "haha, Lex Plode sounds like a rad action movie character", but they assured us that despite a year or so of playing games together, they never noticed that.

Now my buddy's Battlefield Heroes character is called LexPlode

Ezduo said:
I've become really attached to my steam name.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/Ezduo/Untitled-2.jpg

Everyone calls me something different, usually either: Link, Conductor, or Link the Conductor. But my favorite is when I can get someone calling me CHOO CHOO because they usually get really into it over the mic.

"Hey CHOO CHOO, heal me up! CHOO CHOO....CHOO CHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

First name I've ever had where I get compliments and people seem to generally enjoy calling me by it so I plan to stick with it for a while.
:lol :lol

Pizza Luigi said:
Obviously enough only understandable for Dutch GAFfers but a few of my mates have these as their WoW usernames:

lustobject
koekenbakker
pitspoes

meh. Not really funny.

Really clever names are rather rare, in my online experience.

Ventrue

City of Heroes/Villains had lots of creative names.

I remember a villain named "Naught" whose catchphrase was "It's all for Naught!"

soultron

Banned
"Strawberry Pants" on XBL/COD4 made me laugh my ass off one time.

I really wanted to make a name "Candy Machinegun" but I don't really think it's that funny.

Log4Girlz

When they first introduced the paladin class to the horde on wow I cracked the fuck up at the FIRST pally I saw...

Ezmodeatlast

DELittle

Neo Member
My old battle.net account used to get people responding a lot

Cunny Funt

But the best would have to be a little girl taru taru in FFXI called Bimale, I think it was because in my mind I made up a little story of Suzie the Bimale and how she/he???? had trouble in everyday life.

I always like names that look like something has gone wrong in code as well like:
0xFFFFFFFF
0xDEADBEEF
NULL
$ERROR

so you get messages like:
"You were killed by NULL"

Maybe you have to be a programmer to likes those ones.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I love the CS hackers with the name changers that make fun of the users they kill with all sorts of vulgar obscenities. Those had me rolling until valve and severs started dealing with the issue.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Its been a while since I've seen a good one. Can't remember one right now but,

Free one I just made up:
U but from the future

or something to that effect.

MrDaravon

One time in Halo 3 we played against "Daniel Day Lewis". At the start the guy rushed the rocket launcher, and my team heard me say "shit Daniel Day Lewis has the rockets" before I died :lol

The other day my friend played with a teenage girl named "TabooLove" on L4D (360). My friend asked her what was up with Taboo Love, and she said "That's right.....I LOVE MY MOMMY."

Gattsu25

Banned
FFXI: OnlineSefirot

Fucking idiotic name had me laughing...then I saw the other 300 or so players that all misspelled the same dull and uninventive character's name. meh

Diablo: A necromancer named Neceri Aphilliac

Oh wait...that was me...I've never received so many complaints for a name before.

GAF: Lui Kang Baking a Pie

Complete with the avatar this one always brings a smile to my face.

TheExodu5

Banned
Exypher said:
What server were you on?

Grand Theft Kodo was on Skullcrusher.

SAPPED GIRLS CAN'T SAY NO was on the PvE PTR...it had over 500 members, probably the largest guild on the server. :lol

nny

Regulus Tera said:
qn3ceg.gif

2d1n61t.gif

I just wanted an excuse to post a Chavo gif.

holy crap that takes me back...I saw and loved that show in Brazil when I was little; wow, it's been a while.

"Foi sem querer querendo" <3 Thanks for reminding me of the show.

...I have nothing to contribute to thread topic. P

-x.Red.x-

I know I seen some I just don't remember now.

I find the pokemon names funny
I made a Dragonnite PSN name also

Also in socom I made A_LLaMa
It looked funny when i killed someone
A_LLaMa killed player with M4a1
player killed A_LLaMa with M4a1

Sadist

When I played the second Unreal... there was this guy who always had the weirdest nicknames like "Ruikende kont" which is Dutch for "Smelling Butt" or even better, Clit Tickler.

I once had a nickname that said "Kenny, you basterd!". Everytime when someone killed me it said "You killed Kenny, you basterd!"

Here on GAF I always get a smile of the Liu Kang baking a cake/pie and Prime's Crotch.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Back when Left 4 Dead released people would choose actor's names and play the character they looked most like. I was in one game where the entire team was made up of them except me. Sean Connery as Bill, Taye Diggs as Louis, and Bruce Willis as Francis or something like that. I thought it was awesome.

firex

I like the warrior on my WoW server named Sunderpants.

edit: in WoW beta I had a black human priest named AlSharpton.

Top Bottom