• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you mean his different invoke abilities, you won't. You just invoke whichever spell corresponds to your qwe, so you can't use anything without knowing the combo and invoking it.

Well sir, I care to disagree, since I just wrote a script for it:
Code:
chat_join "NeoGAF"
dota_force_right_click_attack 1

////Invoker Script Start.

//Set these two to off or on, if you wi`sh to have ability echoing off or on by defalt. Leaving con_filter_enable to 1 will cause 
//console info to not display correctly.
con_filter_enable 0
developer 0

con_filter_text > 
con_notifytime 3	// How long to display recent console text to the upper part of the game window
con_nprint_bgalpha 50	// Con_NPrint background alpha.
con_nprint_bgborder 5	// Con_NPrint border size.
contimes 5		// Number of console lines to overlay for debugging.

// our simple screen print test... which you can expand to do menus or whatever
alias "cold_snap" "dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 0; echo >Cold_Snap; newline" 
alias "ghost_walk" "dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 1; echo >Ghost_Walk; newline"  
alias "tornado" "dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 1; echo >Tornado; newline"  
alias "emp" "dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 1; echo >EMP; newline"  
alias "alacrity" "dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 2; echo >Alacrity; newline" 
alias "chaos_meteor" "dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 2; dota_ability_execute 2; echo >Chaos_Meteor; newline"  
alias "sun_strike" "dota_ability_execute 2; dota_ability_execute 2; dota_ability_execute 2; echo >Sun_Strike; newline"  
alias "forge_spirit" "dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 2; dota_ability_execute 2; echo >Forge_Spirit; newline" 
alias "ice_wall" "dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 2; echo >Ice_Wall; newline" 
alias "deafening_blast" "dota_ability_execute 0; dota_ability_execute 1; dota_ability_execute 2; echo >Deafening_Blast; newline" 

bind "KP_0" "deafening_blast"
bind "KP_1" "sun_strike"
bind "KP_2" "forge_spirit"
bind "KP_3" "chaos_meteor"
bind "KP_4" "emp"
bind "KP_5" "alacrity" 
bind "KP_6" "tornado"
bind "KP_7" "cold_snap"
bind "KP_8" "ghost_walk"
bind "KP_9" "ice_wall"
bind "KP_MINUS" "developer 1; echo >Ability_echoing_on; con_filter_enable 1"
bind "KP_PLUS" "con_filter_enable 0; echo >Ability_echoing_off; developer 0"

//Invoker Script End

You push a button on the num pad, it will hit the proper combo and echo the spell name in the upper left of the screen. It doesn't auto-invoke, in case you simply want to change what you have instanced at the moment (7, 4, and 1 would likely be the most used, which is 3 in each QWE). It also has plus and minus set up to turn echoing off and on (I have it off by default, since it can screw with the displayed text of the console)

It should work fine, but I won't be able to test it live till after he is actually out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Still not as good as the gladiator guide.

Artanisix

I can't wait for Invoker. He's such a versatile, fun, and challenging hero to play. The hardest part isn't memorizing all his spell invokes, it's using the right spell at the right time and remembering you have all these spells you can use. In the heat of battle it can be easy to forget that Ice Wall or Cold Snap could have saved you, or that Sunstrike could have killed that runaway, or Deafening Blast could have won that team fight. It's like a hero with nothing but ultimates on him.

What I think I like even more about him though is his high skill ceiling, and not just because I love to see a master Invoker play, but because I love to exploit this high skill ceiling in clan wars. I'm more than happy to give most enemy teams Invoker because more often than not, they don't have an Invoker player who is good enough to make a significant impact in the game. The fact that Invoker is banned so much helps prevent any good Invoker practice for a lot of players. It's funny seeing teams go HAHA INVOKER FIRST PICK YES, only to be smashed in lane by a solo Lich, Batrider, or Obsidian Destroyer because they don't really have anyone who can use Invoker to his maximum potential.

kagete

Magnataur is probably the only hero you should risk going multiple bfuries on, even in a competitive game, because he can realistically get a few hits off on everyone given a perfect ult or dagger initiation. I wonder if he's getting patched in soon. He's one of thorin's fav heroes iirc

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
If automatic invoke skills are really mappable via the UI, smh. I'm not a purist by any means but that takes a lot of skill and balance out of the hero.

Calidor

I'm having trouble listening to a custom music playlist.. my windows mixer goes crazy! (even turning all audio options off)

Any solution to that?

Cheeto

At least the stomps go both ways

931789E79018646A47C0698A9A4112BDEBAEFD4B

Yes I built a battle-fury... just shows you how *not close* the game was

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm having trouble listening to a custom music playlist.. my windows mixer goes crazy! (even turning all audio options off)

Any solution to that?

Playback Devices > Communications > Do Nothing.

Haly

Invokes aren't really hardcore vs not-hardcore issues, if Icefrog makes playing Invoker easier, he's going to have to nerf him.

Kapura

Banned
people seem to be upset because he's not hard to play like earthshaker, he's artificially hard to play because of his skill gimmick.

28782953EC88EEA06726DA0CD23849B5FA18D887

So, I've been watching this Sand King tutorial and well, you can see the results of my first game above. I even disconnected for like 4 minutes during the mid-game. He is such a complete beast, and there are so many burrowstrike/ulti tricks you can do all through the game that I have a hard time imagining he'd end up feeling boring in the long run. I might just have found a new main.

Edit: Oh, and INT Power Treads are SO good on him, I said god damn. Having that extra bit of mana regen helps so much during the laning phase. Farming post-Battle Fury is also quite hilarious. Creep waves just get essentially oneshot.

Haly

AA is so dependent on his team x_x

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Does it really matter? If not for people talking about recent matches, this thread would only get bumped on thursdays. Let the dudes have fun :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Screwing around with Cheats and Morthling, I just noticed the Console shows a lot more info on the game at the very end:

COMBAT SUMMARY
--- Razor ---
Total Damage Done: 20963
to Razor: 105
to Sven: 5875
to Earthshaker: 4088
to Juggernaut: 2665
to Windrunner: 842
to Lina: 4595
to Tiny: 1464
to Kunkka: 1329
Total Slows: 6.30 seconds
ect ect ect

The stats do look off though, which is why the info isn't likely shown elsewhere. When doing a quick test to see if it counted healing (Doesn't), I just cheated so I could win in 10 minutes, but it said one of the bots on my team had more damage done then me (Despite getting 34 kills)

Spookie

Do you know what I FUCKING LOVE? A 4v5 game where someone doesn't connect and you can't abandon. Thanks Valve. Fucking love that addition, I love wasting 40 mins of my life. Really enjoy it. Can't get enough of it. Make sure you keep it in.

/s

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I can play if any team needs a terrible support player.

Do you know what I FUCKING LOVE? A 4v5 game where someone doesn't connect and you can't abandon. Thanks Valve. Fucking love that addition, I love wasting 40 mins of my life. Really enjoy it. Can't get enough of it. Make sure you keep it in.

/s

Just abandon the game, a few isn't going to get you banned/put in leaver pool. I'd assume it's similar to HoN and it's percentage based.

Valygar

I thought in some dota game (I don't remember if it's LoL, HoN, or another else) if you disconnected when somebody else from your team had disconnected before, it didnt count as abandon. Could be a "good" short term solution (It's bad, frankly, but well...)

Spookie

I thought in some dota game (I don't remember if it's LoL, HoN, or another else) if you disconnected when somebody else from your team had disconnected before, it didnt count as abandon. Could be a "good" short term solution (It's bad, frankly, but well...)

You can abandon after 5 minutes if they select a hero. If they don't even join the game then you're stuffed and it counts against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom