• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata PS4 version Japan and Asia shipments + digital sales top 500,000

DKHF

We knew it crossed 1 million worldwide but didn't know the full Asia/Japan breakdown until now. Ahead of its release in Taiwan the NieR Twitter account just announced that in Japan and Asia (Square Enix separate them even though Japan is part of Asia as they should be separated when tallying sales) NieR: Automata PS4 shipments + digital sales have topped 500,000. The game just passed 300k sales at retail in Japan last week.

Source

Falchion

That's awesome, hopefully it sells well enough that another Square / Platinum collaboration has to happen.

ImpressiveRewardingFoxterrier.gif

I wonder how much the PS4 demo had to do with how successful the game turned out to be. I recall word of mouth being extremely positive.

Defuser

Cool, so how about releasing the asia PC version here in asia now SE you pricks. Its ridiculous it hasn't been released yet.

Zedark

This is comparable to what Persona 5 did albeit in a shorter time span, right? It truly is a Renaissance we are seeing! Great going here, hope it translate to other games as well!

DKHF

This is comparable to what Persona 5 did albeit in a shorter time span, right? It truly is a Renaissance we are seeing! Great going here, hope it translate to other games as well!
Yeah P5 did 550k in Japan within 2 weeks.

ezekial45

Banned
That's awesome, hopefully it sells well enough that another Square / Platinum collaboration has to happen.
CEO of SE has already said that he wants to work with PG again on another title.

So I think it's more than likely we'll see that happen. Either another Nier game or something else.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So is this the 2nd most successful PG developed title (I know MGR sold a lot)?

Bowl0l

Cool, so how about releasing the asia PC version here in asia now SE you pricks. Its ridiculous it hasn't been released yet.
Apparently we can buy the game using a physical disk bought from UK if you are impatient. Hopefully we get a region discount, or it will be part of my wait for a >= 50% discount pile.

kewlmyc

Best selling YT game and possibly best selling Platinum game (not sure how MGR did in the long run). Hope we get more partnerships between them, if YT continues to make games that is.

Unknown?

Asia's quickly becoming a big contender for console games like Japan/UK. I know it's several countries but it wasn't long ago that it was a non-factor.

Top Bottom