• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite have a low budget?

C.Marvel looks great,
Ryu and Iron man IMO even look better than MVC3

but yeah, Chris,dante,chun li look off.

Were these model done by capcom Japan btw?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Games with low budgets can have good art design and games with big budgets can have horrendous art design.

C.Marvel looks great,
Ryu and Iron man IMO even look better than MVC3

but yeah, Chris,dante,chun li look off.

Were these model done by capcom Japan btw?

Capcom outsources alot of stuff. These looked outsourced to different freelancers or studios which is why the quality is all over the place. This can be cheap/expensive depending on timetable/complexity of the characters/backgrounds and of course quality varies depending on who makes them. Street Fighter V art assets were/are heavily outsourced. Resident Evil 7 had alot of art assets done in house and some outsourcing. Capcom has limited art dept now from the looks of it if any left. I don't know how the Monster Hunter team operates if they have any art teams.

vg260

I fully get that it's tempting to point the finger at Capcom's incompetencies again but wouldn't Marvel be footing at least part of the bill in this case (as well as determining the launch window and as such, development time), seeing as the game serves to promote their characters?

Not sure how these kind of licensed games work but normally you'd think that a well off company like Marvel / Disney would have enough money to help make sure that one of the key releases on consoles that features their characters would look at least as attractive as the console competition (i.e. DC's Injustice 2).

As a sidenote, I continue to not have nearly the same problems with MVC:I's overall look as people here generally seem to have. Apart from a few faces looking off, admittedly, I actually like how the game and most of the character models look. MVC3's character models actually always looked a bit too dark / "shadowy" to me so I like how clear, well lit, shiny and colorful the cast looks in Infinite.

I don't know how you can say MvC:I is more colorful than UMvC3, which is designed to have flat basic colors that mimic a comic book and pop more due black contrasting outlines. The difference is huge to me.

I agree some characters look more shiny, due to the engine allowing the metal textures to have some nice reflections, and those are the best ones, but the color shift/chromatic aberration in MvC:I on everything makes a it look like a murky rainbow soup. Look at the close up of Chun-Li's face at the weird yellowish tint it has.

I got shot down when I proposed that ArcSys should take over making a Marvel fighter free from the schackles of the Vs. franchise. After the Dragonball title, I feel even more strongly that this is the direction Marvel should go in.
Yeah, I agree with you on that. Capcom was not prepared for this generation sadly.

I can't tell whos trolling anymore. There are people who think mvc2 looks good, and there are people who think mvc3 looks bad.

Run PC umvc3 on a high resolution on PC and it's aged extremely well. it's art design is:
G O A T
O
A
T

MvC1 looks like a nice cohesive 90s comic book, while MvC3 looks like a high res modern graphic novel. Which one looks nicer depends on whether you like sprites (MvC1) or 3d models with a dash of ink (umvc3)

As for mvci the less said the better
Lol
They should have go with 3's models and update those a bit. Chun and Dante must have some rough times hahah

Dante83

Banned
Isn't the build at E3 running better than what we got in the demo? I heard people say that it plays and looks smooth and sharp? The demo is not a good indicator as it has some weird frame rate switching from 30 fps to 60 fps as the gameplay transitions to cutscenes. At E3 where those top players play the Vs mode, it was a lot smoother.

The blame for the visuals really lays on the producers and directors- they should be monitoring all the incoming assets for consistency and quality. Capcom fighting games used to always lead the industry in visuals... but now they're just meme fodder.

SFV had some serious quality control issues... the fact they can't get that under control in what should be their redemption game after a big flop... doesn't bode well.

The game can still do fine... thrive even... but for those who have been life long fans- it sure is a let down to see their games turn out like this now.

Raitaro

I don't know how you can say MvC:I is more colorful than UMvC3, which is designed to have flat basic colors that mimic a comic book and pop more due black contrasting outlines. The difference is huge to me.

I agree some characters look more shiny, due to the engine allowing the metal textures to have some nice reflections, and those are the best ones, but the color shift/chromatic aberration in MvC:I on everything makes a it look like a murky rainbow soup. Look at the close up of Chun-Li's face at the weird yellowish tint it has.

I'd have to look again. Maybe it's the textures and stage colors that gave me this impression for the most part.

Top Bottom