• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity V (2013, EA/Maxis) - screens/artwork [Up: Details, Should Be More March 6th]

WOO!

Thought this day would never come.

Will update my computer for this game!! Though lets hope if it is multiformat it won't impede in any way of the PC version.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hype.

Because I can't imagine the previous 2 sim city games working on a console?
Maybe the Wii.

Sim City 2000 is on PS1, and is a PSone/PSN game.

TedNindo

What I meant was is that it should be a PC games first. Like all the Sim City games before it. And they can port it to anything else later. Because if they do it the other way around the PC game always suffers. And Sim City is at heart a PC game.

Anyway.... HYPE!!!! MAXIS ROCKS ACCORDING TO CITY BLOCKS!

I'm almost crying. I'm still playing with SimCity 4, I'd be happy even with a graphical update and some new buildings. Hell, just give me one more type of tree and that would be enough.

I just hope it won't turn into some Facebook crap.

Actually think I might boot up Sim City 4 again.

Remember it getting a bit unstable on me, any good mods out there (performance wise and others)?

I remember downloading unique buildings that people made. Some of them absolutely broke the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm surprised at the amount of people who didn't play 4.

GO GET IT NOW.

Only question is what took so long? Was Simcity 4 not that successful?

It was successful but apparently Will Wright wanted to tap to the casual audience (Societies) because 4 was rather too difficult.

Axiom

My favourite version of the original SimCity was on the Super Nintendo, but granted Nintendo themselves developed that. SimCity 2000 was handled by someone else and didn't work out so well.

I'd pick up a PC version and one for a dedicated handheld if it isn't too terrible.

I don't see any reason why it couldn't work on consoles interface wise, and given how they've done The Sims games I don't think the PC version will be scaled back in terms of design. How well did the Tropico games work on consoles? Civ Rev was pretty good (and helped make Civ V a better game)

Dennis

Banned
CHOKING NEWS

better get that smog level down!

Up to the top of the wanted list you go SimCity!

Oh, how I have waited for a new SimCity game.

Watch it be some kind of social media crap.

Lumine

Err.., so is this actually confirmed or are people simply speculating that this concept art could potentionally be part of a new sim city somewhere in the distant future...?

Sonicbug

*squeeee*

Oh god.... I want this for my computer but no way it'll run it. =( I need a new computer before this comes out.

Maxis, you'd better not fuck this up!

StuBurns

Banned
It looks pretty amazing from those screens. I hope it looks like it, that art deco building is slick.

EDIT: Damn, it'll be Origin exclusive. Looks like my hold out is done.

Top Bottom