• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Well shit, I hope the Thursday date for the CE from Amazon isn't actually the case. It's not at all uncommon for Tuesday releases to not ship until Monday, but it's definitely unusual for it to explicitly state that it'll be later in the week. (Ordered 9/13.)

First I see that I might not get the game on Tuesday, and then I hear this thing for the first time lol, the last five minutes have been a trip

Tizoc

PC delay is lame but I'm a crazy son of a gun that I may make another giveaway of the PC ver. to a friend or two.

Might get it on PS4,i wish it was $15.
it's $13 on my steam store.

Weeeeeeeeeell I used the Ramadhan offer and got it for $8ish >=P

Regional pricing is so weird fam.

Amazon never did have release date delivery as an option for the Collector's Edition. Expect it on Thursday. Or Wednesday if you ponied up for one-day shipping (don't change it now). Mine is listed for Thursday. I got such a good deal on the PS4 Collector's ($43.56) that I'm pre-double-dipping on the Switch download as soon as it hits.

Sciz

Imagine a Tee Loops remix of 'Back in Time' or 'Super Sonic Racing'? Would be amazing.

Super Sonic Racing needs to show up on Switch at some point just to keep up its unbroken streak of being on every Nintendo handheld since the GBA Nintendo system of this milennium.

I feel like the lyrics to this spectacular song from Sonic R fit well with this game's release.

I've liked Back In Time and Work It Out in tandem with each other for a while now as an unintentionally prophetic take on the collective despair and industriousness of the fangaming community.

jman2050

Is it wrong when I teared up listening to this track? I mean...it just is so fitting. Sonic R's OST is amazing and part of me wanted Sonic Mania to have one of it's courses as a full-on zone. Imagine a Tee Loops remix of 'Back in Time' or 'Super Sonic Racing'? Would be amazing.

I'm hoping Super Sonic Racing shows up in this game somehow, it'd just be great.

Berordn

Why didn't anyone stop them from doing anything that they did in Sonic 06? That's the better question.

Easily answered, at least. 06 was the first major title set to come out after the merger with Sammy, when both halves of the company were struggling to make money. On Sega's side, that was to be fixed with faster yearly releases and, well... the rest is history.

If Amazon doesn't ship mine for Tuesday I'm seriously gonna make a huge stink, wtf am I paying them for. they don't even discount CE's anymore, fuck em.

M.J. Doja

Banned
see you in 2 weeks brehs

js1mGsY.gif

Cody_D165

Banned
My Amazon date says Thursday.... yeah fuck that I'll just buy it digital and resell the code that comes in my CE to a buddy or something.

Ozone

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my all-time favorite game. I am ready for Mania to be the game to finally surpass it.

I am also in the boat of Amazon saying the PS4 CE isn't arriving until Thursday. Not a big deal, because I'll just buy it on Switch digitally the moment it's up.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you 100% 1/2/3/K/CD for the next 20 hours you wouldn't have to worry about youtube/twitter spoilers

Are...are people shitting on Sonic 06's soundtrack? Sorry folks the vocal and regular music are IMO a great fun and cohesive soundtrack. Seriously it's a killer album.

Berordn

Are...are people shitting on Sonic 06's soundtrack? Sorry folks the vocal and regular music are IMO a great fun and cohesive soundtrack. Seriously it's a killer album.

Sweet Sweet Sweet/Sweet Dream is a noticeable weak point on the whole thing. Most of the rest of it is solid.

I feel like the lyrics to this spectacular song from Sonic R fit well with this game's release.

Sometimes I ask myself
What am I doin' here?
I think of all the reasons
But it's still not clear

I look at places to go
There's nothin' near
So take me away from this
'cause this place I'll hardly miss

So take me back in time
To another world
When you can be mine
We don't have to worry

When you're by my side
There's nothin' I don't know
There's nothin' to decide
Apart from where we want to go

What am I doin' now
By comin' back for more?
Is it me
Or have I been here before?

I want to go somewhere
That we can explore
Just take me away from here
To somewhere that's nowhere near

So take me back in time
To another world
When you can be mine
We don't have to worry
When you're by my side
There's nothin' I don't know
There's nothin' to decide
Apart from where we want to go

Take me there
Take me anywhere
You want to go

To a place that we both know
So take me...
So take me...
So take me...
So take me back in time
To another world
Back in time...
So take me...
So take me back in time...
Back in time...
Back in time...

Back in Time is Top 5 song in Sonic franchise and I'm not even joking

Sonic R esque bonus stage is one of the thing that like me the most about Mania.

I hope Pagoda and crew gives a shot to a new Sonic R game 😮

Hastati

I may never play this game but just wanted to say great job on the OP. I hope you become the primary writer and director for future Sonic games.

Owari

Hype as fuck. Preordered on Xbox and PS4. Will grab for Switch too. This game deserves love.

I'm also triple dipping it. Got a good deal on the PS4 CE (40) that'll arrive thursday, will grab eshop version ASAP on switch, and PC version whenever they decide to release that.

I feel like I should get it on Xbox One too to even it all out, we'll see. I just really want a sequel.

ryan13ts

I asked this in the leak thread but never got an answer

What's the general opinion of the game from people that have played it so far? I don't really want to be spoiled, but I do want to know how people think of it compared to 1, 2, 3S&K.

RK128

I asked this in the leak thread but never got an answer

What's the general opinion of the game from people that have played it so far? I don't really want to be spoiled, but I do want to know how people think of it compared to 1, 2, 3S&K.

Uh...very hard to answer, as watching something and playing it is very different things.

BUT, from I watched, it's clearly at the very least, on pair with the early Classic Sonic games. It seems to have proper physics and controls, enjoyable level design, fantastic presentation and a good mixture of new & old.

B00TE

Been mad hyped for this, can't wait to grab it for my Switch. May even double or triple dip down the line. So many good memories of playing Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles along with my brother.

Went from two CE preorders, to none, to not knowing if PS4 or Switch, to finally preloading the PS4 version. Being this excited and broke for something is an anxiety attack in the making lol.

orient

Neo Member
Can't wait to grab this for Switch. Not sure I'm 100% convinced by the music I've heard so far - some of it's a bit too cloying and bombastic, but hopefully the full game will turn me around. Other than that, it looks outright incredible.

Top Bottom