• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
She Just released her Best album in a decade so have several seats
Better than Circus AND Blackout?

AO5n2xF.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was a bad album honestly, but I have never listened to any of her songs besides the singles and Glory.

I don't really like "Private Show" and "Slumber Party," but I do like "Make Me...". My taste is probably different from most on POPGAF, but I was more a fan of the album as a whole and the album tracks that her team will never make singles. The bonus tracks are pretty good, too.

EDIT: I misread your post (thought you said you'd only heard Glory's singles), but I'll leave it. In general, I'm not super familiar with Britney's work either except the singles and her most recent albums (starting with Circus).

Koodo

Banned
Joanne resurfacing just as Katheryn is collapsing is the biggest humiliation for the kkkatykkkats.

They were so sure.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I don't really like "Private Show" and "Slumber Party," but I do like "Make Me...". My taste is probably different from most on POPGAF, but I was more a fan of the album as a whole and the album tracks that her team will never make singles. The bonus tracks are pretty good, too.

EDIT: I misread your post (thought you said you'd only heard Glory's singles), but I'll leave it. In general, I'm not super familiar with Britney's work either except the singles and her most recent albums (starting with Circus).
I like all of her singles except the ones from Glory, then again I just am not a fan of her.
Do You Wanna Come Over? is the best song on Glory and a certifiable bop

Britney-WorkBch_1.gif
I rated that a 1 out of 5 meaning I never wanted to hear that song ever again.

Joanne resurfacing just as Katheryn is collapsing is the biggest humiliation for the kkkatykkkats.

They were so sure.
Yeah...this is temporary and associating the kkk with Katy "Resist" Perry...meanwhile Gaga made Joanne an album appealing to Trump voters?? Get your facts straight sis

rhandino

Banned
If she flops at least she is going to do it while delivering a social conscious message to the world instead of delivering an OST for the "economic anxious" voters of the USA.

It's kind of sad since Chained to the Rhythm is really cool and has a well done feature.

Koodo

Banned
Imagine thinking Katheryn's corporatist "RESIST" armband was anything more than an empty gesture.

If the civil rights movements were as "woke" as Katheryn, we would still have people chained to the cotton fields. A lot of the stagnation in civil rights and other social causes is precisely because a significant majority of the population is composed of mediocre white women (and men) who think they've contributed by wearing an armband – after having made ableist remarks a few hours earlier, lol!

Decarabia

To be honest, Glory is actually a good album with solid production that was able to stay in line with a lot of the pop music trends of 2016. IMO, some of the songs could have been radio hits if it weren't for Br1t-b0t 2.0's vocals bringing the whole thing down. A shame...

F1o2L9G.gif

Vazduh

I...enjoyed Glory for the most part, but the vocals were a big issue for me, especially in songs such as What You Want (that screeching was truly irritating and the song just fucking sucks), or Love Me Down. Less is more, and that's why the low-key tracks such as Just Luv Me, Mood Ring and Invitation work better than the rest of the album.

All in all, it could have been worse.

tTOqgHZ.gif

It could have been another Shitney Jeans.

Koodo

Banned
Half of Glory is good while the other half is unlistenable. It's not the first time Britney has an uneven distribution of songs in an album, but she used to make up for it by having the 'good' side be a masterclass in pop. This time, it was trend-chasing drivel that had been peddled by the likes of Selena and Justin (with the exception of 'If I'm Dancing'), which is disappointing for someone whose name is attached to In The Zone and Blackout.

With great talent, comes great responsibility.

F1o2L9G.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I...enjoyed Glory for the most part, but the vocals were a big issue for me, especially in songs such as What You Want (that screeching was truly irritating and the song just fucking sucks), or Love Me Down. Less is more, and that's why the low-key tracks such as Just Luv Me, Mood Ring and Invitation work better than the rest of the album.

All in all, it could have been worse.

tTOqgHZ.gif

It could have been another Shitney Jeans.

Agreed.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Imagine thinking Katheryn's corporatist "RESIST" armband was anything more than an empty gesture.

If the civil rights movements were as "woke" as Katheryn, we would still have people chained to the cotton fields. A lot of the stagnation in civil rights and other social causes is precisely because a significant majority of the population is composed of mediocre white women (and men) who think they've contributed by wearing an armband – after having made ableist remarks a few hours earlier, lol!
You trolling aren't ya mate
To be honest, Glory is actually a good album with solid production that was able to stay in line with a lot of the pop music trends of 2016. IMO, some of the songs could have been radio hits if it weren't for Br1t-b0t 2.0's vocals bringing the whole thing down. A shame...

F1o2L9G.gif
I disagree about that, the only pop album that Glory is better than in 2016 of the female category is Meghan's Thank You.

cory64

Rihanna literally having the most disappointing Grammy night of anyone in historih

ijWYlZa.png

At least she's in the company of legends.

Mau ®

Rihanna literally having the most disappointing Grammy night of anyone in historih

ijWYlZa.png

tbh she didn't seem that fazed. She was having a good time, taking shots everytime she lost, dancing to Prince's music and enjoying the presence of her friends.

Historih will be kind to ANTi.

botty

Banned
There's a good chance that Rihanna does not even know where most of her grammys are, except for the 1 she converted into a bong. I'm kinda here for Rihanna after last night... her apathy is iconic tbh.

Zutroy

Private Show and What You Need are the only bad tracks on Glory. Everything else ranges from good to excellent, and was one of the best pop albums of last year.

ijWYlZa.png

Still so angry at Mariah's daydream snub.

Fantasy remix basically created a genre urgh!

Can't believe one of the most overrated artists ever (Adele) went on stage to then praise one of the other most overrated artists ever (Bey).

As much as I dislike Lemonade. It is ART and should have won.

Though sorry popgaf but Purpose was the bettah album! Most amount of good melodic songs.

Edit:

Katy is rising on itunes across the world yaya

botty

Banned
To the real music stans...

Is The Suburbs considered a good album? I can't get into it like I can Reflektor or the back half of Funeral. I find it so weird that the AOTY went to this album, but Reflektor went unrecognized.

b4mMUCu.gif

To the real music stans...

Is The Suburbs considered a good album? I can't get into it like I can Reflektor or the back half of Funeral. I find it so weird that the AOTY went to this album, but Reflektor went unrecognized.

b4mMUCu.gif
I like The Suburbs (the song), Rococo, Modern Man, and Ready To Start from that album. Have never been able to get into the rest of that album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom