• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Xbox One policy "gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly"

Holy shit, read the whole article, it's fucking amazing.

Next week, I will visit the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the annual celebration of video games' biggest corporations. Microsoft will be hosting a lavish press conference to further acquaint the world with its new system. But the company's executives won't be meeting with much of the press. They canceled their post-press conference interviews, all of them as best I can tell, and have even canceled some interviews at the show itself. I understand. They probably couldn't fit everyone in between all the CEOs they have to meet with.

Microsoft is married to business now. They don't have time for consumers anymore.

Valnen

8HYvFPr.png

This guy feels pretty strongly about this it seems.

When I saw the title, I knew it wasn't gonna be a Gies penned article, haha.

Well done, Chris Plante. Hopefully he/Polygon can keep it up.

Good for Microsoft. They need a stern talking to and this is the start. This bullshit they are selling to consumers need to rebuffed immediately.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Defending Microsoft's DRM is basically a good way to lose any credibility with the core gaming enthusiast, at the moment. Nobody wants to swallow that pill, so everyone is letting the words fly.

At the end of day, I don't even know what difference all this makes. People can whine and complain and talk about protests and hashtags, but I wonder who isn't going to be able to control themselves when the release date rolls around. If it pisses you off so much, don't fucking buy it. I think Microsoft has done a very poor job of conveying why any of this helps me as a consumer or enhances the experience, so I'm not interested. They have 5 or 6 months to win me over. Otherwise I just won't give them my money. No anger or animosity on my part, just indifference. I have other options.

Am I surprised they've said something negative? No. However, I'm a bit surprised at how scathing it is. Hope to see all the major outlets with similar commentary.

1-D_FTW

I approve of the word gross. Gamestop getting a sanctioned takeover of the used business is classified as nothing but gross.

As speculated for months, we now know for a fact all owners of the Xbox One will be required to have an internet connection, so that their new console can ping Microsoft every 24 hours, alerting the mother brain as to whether or not the child's been caught stealing from the cookie jar. If a relationship is built on trust, then Microsoft sucks at relationships.
LOL

Oh wow, from the comments :

andy.babbitt

So Xbox One is a Premium console then? For people who don’t want to steal games and don’t plan on living on the farm. Works for me.

edit : beaten

Love to see the press finally grow some balls. Polygon's case regarding Microsoft is especially shocking. Let's continue this trend.

I wonder if Polygon editors have gagged and tied up Arthur Gies in the corner to stop him from brain farting.

Still it is shocking to see a pro MS site take this attitude, but good to see all the same. Absolutely no one should be supporting this collusion between MS and the Publishers. It is bad for everyone, if you game it is bad for you.

tusken77

I've never given Polygon a click, I will never give Polygon a click. But credit where credit's due. Well done, Polygon.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
LOL these people need to seriously get out of their parents basements and get a life, it's a video game console for Christs sake........you'd think Microsoft was selling their daughter into the sex slave industry.

Top Bottom