• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

kuz07.gif
WWQNj.gif

8zevx.png

Yo Dice.

iFJjV.gif
k7I9Q.gif

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/kore...irls-day-geworin-advertisement-before-it-airs

Earlier, it was reported that Girl’s Day had been chosen as the new endorsement models for the headache reliever ‘Geworin’.

However, with the recent concerns of teenagers misusing ‘Geworin’ for dieting purposes, the Korean Pharmaceutical Association has expressed their protest against Samjin (makers of ‘Geworin’) for using a popular girl group as endorsement models.

The Korean Pharmaceutical Association stated that if the ‘Geworin’ ads were not put to a stop, Geworin will be denied the right to sell its products in pharmacies, and the association will take follow-up measures.

The association stated, “Last year, ‘Geworin’ became an issue when it was found that adolescents were misusing the product in attempt to leave school early. Recently, it has been reported to being abused for diet purposes… In a situation like this, the use of a famous girl group as endorsement models and proceeding with public advertisements has left us seriously concerned

Ripped Nichkhun.

Ky0Ww.gif
yt8qG.gif

Soshi arriving at the hotel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfNh2DMgYXc&feature=player_embedded

Salazar

MINI-MEGATON

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/mbc-to-partner-with-youtube-to-offer-hd-content

It’s a dream come true for many international fans – no longer will they have to download Torrents and suffer through low-quality videos! MBC has announced that they’ve partnered up with worldwide video-streaming website, YouTube, to offer select content for an overseas audience.

MBC and Google Korea announced the ‘MBC-Google Content Transfer Partnership’ at an event on the 21st. MBC will offer dramas and variety shows that were broadcast prior to 2005; new content that’s yet to be broadcast will be shared on a case-by-case basis. All files will be uploaded in standard high-definition and will be divided into 10-minute clips.

Kim Jae Chul, the head of MBC, expressed his excitement over the partnership. “This year, we brought in over 200 billion dollars in content-related revenue,” he said. “That’s the power of content. I hope this will be the start of an opportunity to broaden Hallyu through YouTube, the world’s biggest media-sharing site.”

“It has been around three and a half years since YouTube set foot in Korea,” said Google Korea CEO Yeom Dong Hoon. “I’ve always thought it would be a good idea to help with spreading domestic cultural content. Until now, Hallyu has been centered around K-pop but I hope this will increase the wave through MBC content. We expect this will be the foundation of the Hallyu boom.”

You enlightened motherfuckers. Kim Jae Chul is godlike.

Salazar

Biscuits said:
Will it be subbed though?

If it is, great.

If it's not, chalk it up as another incomparably tragicomic Kpop business decision.

"Distribute free HD content in Korean to non-Korean speaking fans".

1FrKA.gif

lol, these "you joom joom my heart like a rocket" dudes are pretty funny.

Salazar

Onew RM has to happen.

611HV.gif
z9pNU.gif

LmiLN.gif
49kes.gif

4hsE9.gif
EoDYS.gif

Stage looks great. Soshi look and sound great. Pretending the Mr Taxi Korean ver. perfs don't exist.

Something about eggs that aired during Inkigayo.

e5bhu.gif
iGFu0.gif

RTv4T.gif
tpnYK.gif
OCXGY.gif

ramyeon

Salazar said:
Stage looks great. Soshi look and sound great. Pretending the Mr Taxi Korean ver. perfs don't exist.
The police uniforms today looked pretty good though, not sure how it fits the taxi theme however.

Hyphen

Ok, I don't know much about SNSD, and even less about K-Pop in general, but could someone please tell me who is circled in the 2 pics below...

2uh4ims.jpg

25qt5pd.jpg

Many thanks.

Biscuits

It's so weird watching "live" performances without fanchants. And what's up with the audience just standing there... motionless... so creepy.

Peru

Hyphen said:
Ok, I don't know much about SNSD, and even less about K-Pop in general, but could someone please tell me who is circled in the 2 pics below...

Many thanks.

JaeKyung from girl group Rainbow.

Ashhong

Hyphen I think that's Jaekyung from Rainbow, not sure.

And yea I was thinking the same thing Biscuits. The crowd at Inkigayo seems more subdued, very quiet.

edit: cool I was right.

Peru

They were quite loud during other acts. That SNSD thing being pre-recorded maybe means those people weren't regular audience. I actually entertained the idea that they were just digitally edited in afterwards.

Biscuits

Ashhong said:
Hyphen I think that's Jaekyung from Rainbow, not sure.

And yea I was thinking the same thing Biscuits. The crowd at Inkigayo seems more subdued, very quiet.

edit: cool I was right.
I wonder if the crowd was actually a bunch of cardboard cutouts, lol.

Salazar

Peru said:
That SNSD thing being pre-recorded maybe means those people weren't regular audience.

Yeah. I also read something about them recording performances multiple times for these shows.

DqSXW.gif

Thank you based Oniontaker.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
Yeah. I also read something about them recording performances multiple times for these shows.

Well all acts do that. Explains the transforming Taengoo at Music Bank and Tiffany's magic hat at Inkigayo.

I think they just had a few staff members sit in the front row, which is why the camera never pans out further then that.

Biscuits

Ashhong said:
Well all acts do that. Explains the transforming Taengoo at Music Bank and Tiffany's magic hat at Inkigayo.

I think they just had a few staff members sit in the front row, which is why the camera never pans out further then that.
Yeah, them being staff explains the lack of enthusiasm. I remember watching a BTS of a Bigbang recording and it was just the stage and cameras, no audience during their recording.

ramyeon

Comebacks are almost always prerecorded. This may have been done a few days ago, because Taeyeon's hair is magically short and black with the blonde tips again. The audience in the prerecorded sessions are usually fans though... it's usually organised by the respective fan clubs as to who can get in or not.

Ashhong

ramyeon said:
Comebacks are almost always prerecorded. This may have been done a few days ago, because Taeyeon's hair is magically short and black with the blonde tips again. The audience in the prerecorded sessions are usually fans though... it's usually organised by the respective fan clubs as to who can get in or not.

I dont think Music Bank was though, was it? I mean prerecorded on a different day like Inki was because of SM town NY.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Getting Inki performances. Will try experiment muting The Boys and playing Telepathy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thought about it, but I'm too lazy. WTF were they wearing for The Boys? So weird.

dOzcx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom