• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Do we know what's in the "Uncharted 4 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy MP game-play Bundle" that comes with the Uncharted:TLL pre-order?

Not in detail, but the description mentions core gameplay unlocks, so maybe it gives newcomers instant access to all the base weaponry, boosters and loadout points.

Not in detail, but the description mentions core gameplay unlocks, so maybe it gives newcomers instant access to all the base weaponry, boosters and loadout points.

I was just about to ask why do I have all the base gameplay unlocks. I thought it had glitched out on me.
I was playing survival, went to open a lootbox, and it told me I had completed the gameplay lootbox.

Drencrom

I was just about to ask why do I have all the base gameplay unlocks. I thought it had glitched out on me.
I was playing survival, went to open a lootbox, and it told me I had completed the gameplay lootbox.

Have you all the DLC weapons unlocked? Really cool if so

You have to pay to unlock the new character, at least in Uncharted 4. That's weird.
Also, they didn't change Chloe's face for the old models, only the two new skins have her new face. That's weird.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You have to pay to unlock the new character, at least in Uncharted 4. That's weird.
Also, they didn't change Chloe's face for the old models, only the two new skins have her new face. That's weird.
They appear in the DLC vanity chest and in the premium one too.

You had to unlock a bunch of characters in the base game too.

They appear in the DLC vanity chest and in the premium one too.

I only see Asav in the Premium chest. Pretty lame, it's gonna take tons of luck getting Chloe's and Nadine's skins with relics. Could've just put 2 in the premium and the other 2 in the regular one, if they didn't want people to get them all right away. :I

Have you all the DLC weapons unlocked? Really cool if so

No, just the original things. I have all loadout points (I was missing pistols and sidekicks, and was planning on using my survival relics to buy loadout lootboxes, so the timing was good for me), all abilities (including each level of them), and all weapon, sidekicks, and mysticals, but no upgrades for them. The only DLC gameplay things I have are the ones from the triple pack, so the P90, RKL, gifting, and the one that gives you ammo back.

Rated-G

I have to admit... I actually kind of find Survivals Arena pretty fun? I mean playing with ransoms is a crap shoot as always, unfortunately my usual partner couldn’t try out the mode with my tonight.

But 10 waves on a map, no time limit, as far as I can tell, no lives limit, isn’t too bad. Some of the modifiers we encountered were actually kind of interesting to. Glass Hunters is fun as hell when you and your team are all armed with shotguns, just blind firing and mowing down three or four hunters at a time. Mirror waves are surprisingly disorienting, 3x headshot damage is fun. If only they hadn’t nerfed stuff like Indra’s Eternity against the Warlords. But I can see this keeping me entertained much longer than Survival Stages did. (Even if I still want to get through Hardcore at least once with a helpful team.)

I bought Asav with 1500 relics. That's a fair deal compared to spending 300 relics and praying to RNGesus that I won't get moar colorz.

Are they going to add any new weapons/boosters in the future?

Foxxsoxx

What's a good handgun to use?

Micro, Para .45, and the Enforcer are the best.

Seeing some of the areas of LL makes me really sad we didn't get any new maps...

I loved the MP for a long while after it came out and I played for a bit yesterday but I just can't get back into the game without any new maps or game modes. I always do incredibly well and carry the absolute fuck out of my teams, but the game just feels so easy since 95% of players are so horrible at the game that I don't even have to try.

Arena was okayish but felt very similar to Survival. My big gripe with it was some of the absolutely unfun modifiers they have like headshot/melee only which wouldn't be so bad if the modifier was always like x3 damage for headshots. I played some Crushing and got that and it felt basically impossible because of constant shotgun enemies that never have to reload with armor and helmets.

Of course it is doable, but that isn't the point, it just wasn't fun going through that.

Modifiers when done right are fine, like mirror world and such.

Melee and headshots only though, completely unfun.

Micro, Para .45, and the Enforcer are the best.

Seeing some of the areas of LL makes me really sad we didn't get any new maps...

I loved the MP for a long while after it came out and I played for a bit yesterday but I just can't get back into the game without any new maps or game modes. I always do incredibly well and carry the absolute fuck out of my teams, but the game just feels so easy since 95% of players are so horrible at the game that I don't even have to try.

Arena was okayish but felt very similar to Survival. My big gripe with it was some of the absolutely unfun modifiers they have like headshot/melee only which wouldn't be so bad if the modifier was always like x3 damage for headshots. I played some Crushing and got that and it felt basically impossible because of constant shotgun enemies that never have to reload with armor and helmets.

Of course it is doable, but that isn't the point, it just wasn't fun going through that.

Modifiers when done right are fine, like mirror world and such.

Melee and headshots only though, completely unfun.

Just the regular versions or are certain character specific guns better? Last time I played I was using Sam's Para.

Foxxsoxx

Do you play Ranked?

Not in the past couple seasons. Then again I haven't played the past couple of seasons. Ranked is fun with a team but only with a team considering playing with randoms against a team results in those 10-40 games (or the equivalent of that in KOTH) with randos and I'm usually playing solo and it isn't worth the frustration any more :p

At least in casual I can get those 30 kill/5 death matches 70% of the time without worrying just how bad my team is.

Just the regular versions or are certain character specific guns better? Last time I played I was using Sam's Para.

I usually use the base version of them but it's totally preference. If I do add a mod it's usually a clip mod if I have an extra loadout point. I pretty much never use hero weapons unless I'm just messing around. Though the best ones tend to be the reload/clip mods with recoil.

Also like Tap mentioned, Krivosk is also incredibly good, pairs well if you use a close range long gun with it.

This is the first Uncharted game where we don't get any new MP maps...
they'd probably be India jungle-themed ones, but still.

I hope they hire a MP map designer soon and give us at least some classics like Highrise.

This is the first Uncharted game where we don't get any new MP maps...
they'd probably be India jungle-themed ones, but still.

I hope they hire a MP map designer soon and give us at least some classics like Highrise.

yea, found it weird that Lost Legacy didn't bring a new MP map or two, I know it's not easy to design/make the maps but the opportunity is there with these new locations.

Is there a way to earn Uncharted points?
Relic points come pretty easily, but I had Uncharted points and I have no idea how I got them.
It's been so long since I played. I don't remember shit.

Is there a way to earn Uncharted points?
Relic points come pretty easily, but I had Uncharted points and I have no idea how I got them.
It's been so long since I played. I don't remember shit.

The first hit is for free, after that you have to pay. I.e., ND gave everyone some free points at launch of U4 (and some more as pre-order bonus or if you got the DDE.

BBboy20

How do you deal with a hydra wave? Just keep killing them?

Rocket dudes are cheap; either make them much more pronounced or get rid of them.

mhanna49

Neo Member
I bought Uncharted Lost Legacy yesterday and I don't think the multiplayer works on my internet that is permanently stuck with NAT type 3. I get stuck when searching for players in survival and all of the multiplayer modes. This is disappointing because I've never had this completely stop a game from working before and didn't have any issues playing the Uncharted 4 MP beta when that was out. Anyone else ever have this issue?

I bought Uncharted Lost Legacy yesterday and I don't think the multiplayer works on my internet that is permanently stuck with NAT type 3. I get stuck when searching for players in survival and all of the multiplayer modes. This is disappointing because I've never had this completely stop a game from working before and didn't have any issues playing the Uncharted 4 MP beta when that was out. Anyone else ever have this issue?
What kind of router do you have?

A temporary fix would be to join someone else's lobby. Don't be the party leader and don't try to search for players by yourself.

Lag-wise NAT Type 3 is bad for everyone involved, because it increases latency between you and the other players. You can either fix your router's configuration or buy a new one.

mhanna49

Neo Member
What kind of router do you have?

A temporary fix would be to join someone else's lobby. Don't be the party leader and don't try to search for players by yourself.

Lag-wise NAT Type 3 is bad for everyone involved, because it increases latency between you and the other players. You can either fix your router's configuration or buy a new one.

I have a Linksys EA7300 but I've tried a few other routers over the years. I've tried port forwarding and putting my PS4 in a DMZ and have tried the same back when I was playing on PS3. My ISP is rural and janky and I cannot get anything other than NAT type 3 with how their network is set up. I'm going to try to group up with my friends to see if that works at least.

I have a Linksys EA7300 but I've tried a few other routers over the years. I've tried port forwarding and putting my PS4 in a DMZ and have tried the same back when I was playing on PS3. My ISP is rural and janky and I cannot get anything other than NAT type 3 with how their network is set up. I'm going to try to group up with my friends to see if that works at least.
Sounds like your ISP uses double NAT to reserve addresses.

If that's the case, it can't be fixed with a new router. You need to talk to them and ask them if it's possible to give you a real, routable IPv4 address.

You can see your IP address here (usually it's 10.x.x.x or 100.x.x.x).

Man, Arena Moderate difficulty is too fucking much. If you are paired with anyone that doesnt know what they are doing its damn near impossible to beat.

I'm done with it.

Back to regular survival mode for me until they fix it

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You mean, back to regular MP right? Because both arena and survival are ass. I can't believe how unfun both co-op modes are in this game. 2 still remains the best co-op experience ever and wanna know why? Because it kept everything simple and it still provided a challenge. Enemies weren't bullet sponges, you had 1 hit kill headshots, and it was fair. 3's was still decent and 4 is just meh.

You mean, back to regular MP right? Because both arena and survival are ass. I can't believe how unfun both co-op modes are in this game. 2 still remains the best co-op experience ever and wanna know why? Because it kept everything simple and it still provided a challenge. Enemies weren't bullet sponges, you had 1 hit kill headshots, and it was fair. 3's was still decent and 4 is just meh.

I did enjoy 3's but yeah this takes bullet sponge to a new level.

Not even fun anymore when you can never complete a match because of the cheap final round/wave.

i've been playing two hours and i've only completed 1/8 matches so far...still trying to do the 3/4 complete any survival stage for the past two days.

And then they locked out matchmaking in light mode(?) lol

Locking out matchmaking for Easy is ridiculous; a completely baffling move.

Normal is unbelievably difficult with rando's -- the only full Normal match I completed with rando's, I had to do wave 10 by myself as the other two would get downed too fast and/or wouldn't go after the warlord (purple pirate guy).

Last night, me, somnium and bamf completed about 5 matches on Normal and we were having a blast. The crazy round modifiers can be hilarious and very punishing, the stand-outs we played were:

Glass Hunters
Dozens of Hunters bum-rushing while you're in a siege zone, only the hunters are very weak and die in 1-2 shots. Just a never-ending stream of *heavy breathing*

Charge Melee
Charge melees are 1HKO's and hit with an explosion of confetti and smoke.

Hydra Enemies
You kill and enemy and more of their type will spawn. We had about 7-8 chaingun guys at the end of the round.

Mirror world
Flips the world around. We had it coupled with Treasure Hunter + No radar, on an unfamiliar map, as well.

They do need to tone down the armor guys in the later waves though, or at least bring back 1HKO headshots across the board, so you just have to fire twice, at minimum.

TheDanger

Banned
so wtf I just read some posts somewhere else implying the aim assist slider applies to multiplayer as well? Is that true

If so are they fucking serious? I have been playing at 0 all this time...

edit: well shit while I did hold my own before I just totally rekt them with the slider all the way up, I thought I had to be better at this...also did think that they were really fucking good the players I met turns out most were probably using aim assist fuck me

Drencrom

Man, Arena Moderate difficulty is too fucking much. If you are paired with anyone that doesnt know what they are doing its damn near impossible to beat.

I'm done with it.

Back to regular survival mode for me until they fix it

You're struggling with moderate?

Not to be an elitist or anything, but moderate ain't that hard at all if you're accustomed to Uncharted MP or regular survival. Are you being matched with people who are new to Unc MP or something?

Anyway, really enjoying the new Surival Arena mode. Would've been even better if they got rid of some waves, like the headshot only one and the collect swords things but oh well.

I would even be fine if they tweaked down the bullet sponging and added more enemies. Right now Bullet sponging puts The Division to shame. lol

You're struggling with moderate?

Not to be an elitist or anything, but moderate ain't that hard at all if you're accustomed to Uncharted MP or regular survival. Are you being matched with people who are new to Unc MP or something?

Anyway, really enjoying the new Surival Arena mode. Would've been even better if they got rid of some waves, like the headshot only one and the collect swords things but oh well.

I'm LVL 40+ (iirc) Probably the influx of TLL players but yeah. People that don't know you have to go to the Siege circle smh -_-

Not struggling per say, but its been near impossible getting past the 9/10 waves in arena if im alone/carrying. Particularly the treasure hunt and hydra waves.

hmmm wondering if i should tweak my perks or turn on aim assist for survival if that might ease things up a bit.

Right now my perks are tweaked toward medic where i'm MysticHealing focused. I'm going to try some that are more self focused. Anyone have recommended perks for Survival?

AKyemeni

I would even be fine if they tweaked down the bullet sponging and added more enemies. Right now Bullet sponging puts The Division to shame. lol

I'm LVL 40+ (iirc) Probably the influx of TLL players but yeah. People that don't know you have to go to the Siege circle smh -_-

Not struggling per say, but its been near impossible getting past the 9/10 waves in arena if im alone/carrying. Particularly the treasure hunt and hydra waves.

hmmm wondering if i should tweak my perks or turn on aim assist for survival if that might ease things up a bit.

Right now my perks are tweaked toward medic where i'm MysticHealing focused. I'm going to try some that are more self focused. Anyone have recommended perks for Survival?
Helping hand 3
Steadfast 2
Gear Master 3
Enhanced Radar 2

That's all you need. And I got 47 crushing runs done, mostly through matchmaking solo

Foxxsoxx

I late joined a match of Siege yesterday with 2 randos (who didn't seem too terrible) and they just couldn't beat round 10 on River.

It was the treehouse siege zone with multiple armored machine gun brutes, hunters, armored hunters, and armored shotguns.

On death they dropped indras and grenades. It was incredibly stupid and felt way harder than it needed to, and I was only playing Hard.

Seriously though, I've done crushing a good bit on Survival and this made that look easy.

Helping hand 3
Steadfast 2
Gear Master 3
Enhanced Radar 2

That's all you need. And I got 47 crushing runs done, mostly through matchmaking solo

Guess i just need to git gud. Pretty similar to my current set

Gear Master 3
Enhanced Radar 2
Gunslinger 2
Combat Revive 3
Mystic Revive / Steadfast 2

so wtf I just read some posts somewhere else implying the aim assist slider applies to multiplayer as well? Is that true

If so are they fucking serious? I have been playing at 0 all this time...

edit: well shit while I did hold my own before I just totally rekt them with the slider all the way up, I thought I had to be better at this...also did think that they were really fucking good the players I met turns out most were probably using aim assist fuck me

holy shit the "Lock-On Aim" control option in Survival is amazing. LOL
I can easily handle Moderate difficulty now.

It reminds me of Red Dead Redemption aiming.

Its only available on Survival - Light & Moderate modes btw

Bought TLL and been playing this for the first time in like a year:

- Co-op is not fun. Bullet sponges everywhere which totally kills it for me. It's like playing UC3 all over again. And that's before getting into these weird modifiers. Bleh.

- Classic Mode is a breath of fresh old air. Still doesn't feel all the way right since they throw up these huge "WEAPONS COMING SOON" signals for everyone, artificially forcing people into contact rather than the complete free form encounters of UC2 days, but it is a relief to play the game with these great mechanics and not worry about all the extra nonsense.

- Newer maps are kind of ok, but unfortunately map rotation is awful so I spend most of my sessions on Rooftops, and haven't even seen Village after like 7 hours over the last few days.

- I literally cannot believe Team Objective never made its way into this game. I no longer have the urge to make big posts about this but... smh. The perfect chaotic MP mode that showcases your mechanics and maps in the best way, and they go with this watered down list of game modes instead. And this ranked/non-ranked split... woof.

Idk, it's still not great, but Classic Mode has provided me with the simple fun I missed, so I'll get as much out of it as I can before the new campaign hype dies off and only the pro squads are left again.

Top Bottom