• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Rated-G

Just out of curiosity, did they end up fixing Flynn's voice at all? Are there any other characters who have bad replacement VO?

Possibly the most fun I've had this gen in a competitive MP game. I have other games I need to play, but this is preventing me from getting any of that done.

Grisby

Sitting here at work thinking about the MP already. It's super smooth and the rope stuff makes traversal pretty fun and different from past UC mp's.
You can also get characters through vanity chests, but those are random.
Coin are only unlocked via microtransaction. They're used to unlock something directly. You can use relic points to open a chest which unlocks a random item depending on what chest you choose (vanity item chest, something for your sidekick chest, a one-time booster chet, etc). So no, you don't need coins to unlock Chloe, but if you don't want to wait, then yeah you're gonna need em. I think the game starts you out with 200 but characters cost something like 500.
Damn. :/

Well...with the free 200 coins and the other 300 from the Gamestop pre-order deal I should be able to buy her.

AKyemeni

Has anybody else having trouble signing in to PSN from the Uncharted: Fortune Hunter app? I have a Galaxy S5 and I keep getting errors.

aravuus

I never played U2 or U3 online, but I just don't understand why they decided to not include team objective in U4. It sounds amazing and apparently it WAS amazing. And popular. What the heck, ND? The new mode better be it!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've put so many hours in both 2 and ESPECIALLY 3's multiplayer that I'm ready for UC4's. Just so sad that team objective didn't make it in. Hopefully it gets added later because that was THE mode to play in UC3 MP.

Auctopus

Doomsday Drake is a great skin. Ray of light in a pretty disappointing experience so far. You'd think Auction house is the only map.

Heartfyre

Lazarevic has a lot more lines than he had in the beta. They've all been cracking me up.

I played two new maps, and I've loved them both. With the Story Mode being so tantalising, I've not played much more than that. Except Plunder. I do so love Plunder.

ACE 1991

Interesting how "meh" the response to the multiplayer has been by a lot of the reviewers despite it being a really robust part of the game.

Lucifon

Interesting how "meh" the response to the multiplayer has been by a lot of the reviewers despite it being a really robust part of the game.

"Meh" is the exact way I'd describe the series' multiplayer and my feelings of the beta. Is the final game much better?

VanWinkle

Disappointed by how barebones this component is. I'm a huge fan of Uncharted MP.

No Team Objective, 3-Team Deathmatch, and Free-for-all is the most disappointing.

Auctopus

Disappointed by how barebones this component is. I'm a huge fan of Uncharted MP.

No Team Objective, 3-Team Deathmatch, and Free-for-all is the most disappointing.

Yep, it's slowly devolved since UC2. The lack of climb/swing friendly maps is so dull. Bring back Highrise.

thenexus6

I played a bunch of games, it seems decent enough. I only got a PS3 way late into last generation (like 2 months before PS4 launched) so I only played Uncharted 2&3 a tiny bit online, so I just got beat all the time.

Its pretty fun, I will probably just mess about it on here and there and with friends. Obviously because its new i'll be playing it a ton.

xRaizen

Not being able to change the colors of your character's outfits is just asinine, especially when we KNOW it's doable due to the fact that the preset skins have the same skins just with different colors.

Pisses me off so much.

Edit: Also know that they'll somehow tie changing colors to microtransactions in some way. Typical ND.

The load times are a lot worse than beta. Beta used to start up so fast

Already had the game freeze in the lobby too. Hope they can patch some of this soon

Switchinh shoulders also has a 3 second cooldown. Has to be a bug

Also, Id love an end of the game "play of the game" feature. For all the excitement in the game, it ends without any fanfare

Not being able to change the colors of your character's outfits is just asinine, especially when we KNOW it's doable due to the fact that the preset skins have the same skins just with different colors.

Pisses me off so much.

Edit: Also know that they'll somehow tie changing colors to microtransactions in some way. Typical ND.

They can put it all behind microtransactions. Dont care at all if it means free maps.

One thing Im not feeling is one use boosters. I never liked the idea of them, and having them combine with boosters that give you more money means some people are going to get rich real fast and spend a lot on things like mysticals and all that

Hopefully the repurchase system keeps everything in check

Revven

How do you unlock skins in this multiplayer? In past ones, you had to find all treasures on co-op to get new skins.

You use Uncharted Points (real money) or Relics. Relics are earned via completing daily challenges, doing Trials, playing matches, or one other thing (I forget which). Relics are then used to unlock a Vanity Chest that gives you a random skin or hat or other vanity items. If you have Uncharted Points you can pick what you want to unlock instead of using a chest and "winning the lottery" as one might say.

There's no typical leveling up system in this game and there's no treasures to find in matches anymore as far as I know (as that feature was altered or removed from the Beta? Can someone confirm?)

Jay Seven

Banned
"Meh" is the exact way I'd describe the series' multiplayer and my feelings of the beta. Is the final game much better?
No. It's every bit as bland as the two beta sessions were. I would imagine though if someone enjoyed the betas, they'll enjoy this.

No. It's every bit as bland as the two beta sessions were. I would imagine though if someone enjoyed the betas, they'll enjoy this.
It's kind of shocking to me how somebody could call the most responsive, smooth, satisfying 3rd person shooter multiplayer to date "bland", but alright.

wtf , I keep getting disconnected from multiplayer games x randomly get stopped while playing
my connection on PS4 is horrible, I have nothing else running and boom , disconnected

right now its
15 mb download
3 mb upload
on PSN

regular wifi test on my computer is 50 mb download and 15 mb upload
is my PS4 wifi fucked up or is it just the game 0_o

wtf , I keep getting disconnected from multiplayer games x randomly get stopped while playing
my connection on PS4 is horrible, I have nothing else running and boom , disconnected

right now its
15 mb download
3 mb upload
on PSN

regular wifi test on my computer is 50 mb download and 15 mb upload
is my PS4 wifi fucked up or is it just the game 0_o

Could be the game. Ive not disconnected, but did have the lobby infinitely load

Alienous

Does anyone think this is competition worthy? Seems to me like it has too many elements to let skill really shine through.

I'd love for another tournament, TLOU Remastered style. That was great. I wonder if UC4 MP is good enough, though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is MP still dropping into the low 50s when shit cracks off or did they manage to improve things from beta and hit 60 stable? I'm going to finish SP before jumping in, just wondering what awaits me.

Really liked how they gave outfits to every character, even the Drake's Fortune folks.

The AI sidekicks are really hit or miss. They can either be awesome or completely oblivious to someone unloading a clip into their head.

Not a fan of the way unlocks work, if I want to unlock more guns for my loadout then the most efficient way to do that is to just use my gun and ignore other things. That sucks.

Does anyone think this is competition worthy? Seems to me like it has too many elements to let skill really shine through.

I'd love for another tournament, TLOU Remastered style. That was great. I wonder if UC4 MP is good enough, though.

I think it is. But since we can make custom games, we can modify the elements how we like.

Revven

Could be the game. Ive not disconnected, but did have the lobby infinitely load

The game is probably getting hammered. Launch day Uncharted MP, in my experience, has always been fairly rocky even though compared to other multiplayers the player pool is much smaller.

I mean, in custom games you can turn off the nonsense so... if you don't want Mysticals or Sidekicks go right ahead and turn'em off. Hell, they even apparently have the option to turn off Downs.

I'd think without Mysticals and Sidekicks the game would pretty much play 1:1 to UC2. Which would be sublime. Well, ignoring the lack of power weapons on the map and etc.

Alienous

I think it is. But since we can make custom games, we can modify the elements how we like.

I mean, in custom games you can turn off the nonsense so... if you don't want Mysticals or Sidekicks go right ahead and turn'em off. Hell, they even apparently have the option to turn off Downs.

I'd think without Mysticals and Sidekicks the game would pretty much play 1:1 to UC2. Which would be sublime.

Sounds good. I just can't see around the Sidekicks and Mysticals.

Command with randoms is frustrating. They're perfectly content just going around the map in circles like we're playing musical chairs instead of attempting to defend the points we have.

this is the message I get when I start up uncharted multiplayer lol

CiH6pKtWUAE8AR_.jpg

bruh, seriously, I am getting disconnected due to the upload which is shitty on PSN for my wifi 0_o

The distance between my PS4 and wifi router is like three feet

Has anyone redeemed the GameStop MP pack? If so, can you ell me how many one-use boosters you get?

Yep, it's slowly devolved since UC2. The lack of climb/swing friendly maps is so dull. Bring back Highrise.

Excuse me? Not only does every map have multiple swing points, but River and Pirate Colony (should have been called Pirate Bay for laughs) has a ton!

How is this bland? Every match has a ton going on; you can never sit still or camp like in other games. I don't understand this comment at all.

I really want to play this but I'm scared of location spoilers :(

There's only one, unless you've not played the beta or watched any prerelease footage, in which case there's three.

Slow upload pic

To be fair, that IS a shitty upload speed lol.

SxP

I had fun in the beta and I had fun in the one map I played so far, but I probably don't want to be spoiled in terms of locations, so I'll come back to this in a bit.

only on my PS4 , and its a newer system too

here is the speed test I just did

5315337781.png

honestly , they are lucky they have the story for this game, I'll just play that and try multiplayer later

Try google DNS on the PS4 or something. There's something seriously wrong there with that discrepancy.
Excuse me? Not only does every map have multiple swing points, but River and Pirate Colony (should have been called Pirate Bay for laughs) has a ton!
Yeah lol it's actually funny how many people I'm able to down before people start to look up on certain maps.

Top Bottom