• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Meanwhile Moogle quests are complete garbage and there's no reason to ever do them other than Anima quest stuff which you can get from other sources anyway.

Speak for yourself; crafting in the actual daily moogle quests was nowhere near as painful for me as the stupid Ixal (not requiring you to wear a stupid glove was a major improvement for one). I'm leveling WVR at the moment to 60 (currently 45) and I haven't touched Ixal cause of that BS.

kaze343

Yeah, I understand that but there's really no way to tell when i'm pretty clueless on new dps rotations besides blm and rdm so I couldn't give tips really.

only thing to really know about most of the dps jobs is if someone is below 3200, they are doing something wrong in most cases. the other cases are deaths or screwed over by the boss.

and grats on clear

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The moogle quests are great for 50-60 cheaply.

Speak for yourself; crafting in the actual daily moogle quests was nowhere near as painful for me as the stupid Ixal (not requiring you to wear a stupid glove was a major improvement for one). I'm leveling WVR at the moment to 60 (currently 45) and I haven't touched Ixal cause of that BS.

I meant after you're done with the rep/leveling your crafting classes.

Obviously when still leveling the xp is good I assume, I don't know since I already had all my crafters capped at 60 when they added moogle and they reduce the xp to 10k per quest once you're 60 so it's useless past that too. Ixal is more annoying for sure though, having to do fishing/gathering and then equipping the stupid gloves, but in terms of value they're actually decent for money since you can get materias out of the daillies which are always useful(unlike combat, gathering/crafting materias even the lower ones are always useful due to pentamelding and needing to hit smaller caps), while Moogle becomes completely pointless.

It's been a while since I've done PotD, but I"m pretty sure you have to clear floor 100 to be able to select to start at 51.

Please no.

You don't. I have never went beyond floor 60 but can reset to floor 51-60.
It's a scary option since it will just say reset progress without any indication that you'll be able to select to start at floor 51 but when you reset and select to que up it'll prompt you.

Also you can level up to 99/99 weapons armor just running floor 51/60 as well. (I didn't know that, I thought it'd cap at like 60 but it didn't so that was cool.)

Astral

You don't. I have never went beyond floor 60 but can reset to floor 51-60.
It's a scary option since it will just say reset progress without any indication that you'll be able to select to start at floor 51 but when you reset and select to que up it'll prompt you.

Also you can level up to 99/99 weapons armor just running floor 51/60 as well. (I didn't know that, I thought it'd cap at like 60 but it didn't so that was cool.)

Thank the kami. Only 10 floors to go then.

I meant after you're done with the rep/leveling your crafting classes.

Ah, okay, that clarifies it. You level up your DoH very quickly from 50-60 with just the Moogle dailies. It only takes a few days to finish. But, yeah, I'd already figured that past 60, it's not really worthwhile.

I still haven't even gone into my first practice party for it. I don't know if I'll ever clear 3 and 4.

Go in with the right mindset and know the mechanics and you can clear. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself as you can screw up easily. You're going to have to hold your own weight as far as dps goes too so work on that. It is also highly advised to disband if anyone dies before last phase as the check is tight. As you do it more and more the boss becomes extremely predictable though. I wouldn't say it's hard at all. It's more an issue of getting a good party.

only thing to really know about most of the dps jobs is if someone is below 3200, they are doing something wrong in most cases. the other cases are deaths or screwed over by the boss.

and grats on clear

Thanks! It was a really huge struggle of dps for days... honestly. I could have cleared last week or the week before but dps is important and people need to hold their own weight!

B.K.

Go in with the right mindset and know the mechanics and you can clear. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself as you can screw up easily. You're going to have to hold your own weight as far as dps goes too so work on that. It is also highly advised to disband if anyone dies before last phase as the check is tight. As you do it more and more the boss becomes extremely predictable though. I wouldn't say it's hard at all. It's more an issue of getting a good party.

I'm not good at DPS. My highest is 2402 dps on V1N and 2028 on V2S.

duckroll

I assure you that however bad you are at DPS, you probably can't be worse than me. I'm happy to watch Savage videos while I chill with non-combat stuff for the next few months!

Squishy3

Are you playing a DPS class or a tank/healer?

I'm not gonna try and disparage you or anything but if you're playing a DPS and this is your first time really stepping into "difficult" content the issue is probably you're getting flustered and messing up your rotation in the heat of the moment. That's something you want to get down to muscle memory, so you don't really need to think about what you're needing to be doing at any given moment during the encounters and can instead focus on being ready for mechanics and maximizing your uptime on the boss.

If any of your runs've been uploaded to FFLogs (or you've been recording your own runs) you can upload it and analyze your performance and it'll tell you some useful statistics like your DOT uptime, self-buff uptime, uptime on the boss, etc.

Honestly best thing you can do is practice practice practice your rotation on a dummy, and then apply that practice to the actual fight, and pay attention to when stuff comes up when the boss is about to go untargetable or you need to do a long mechanic like -100g in O2S. I play Dragoon, for example, and Battle Litany comes off it's 180 second CD right before -100g, so it's not wise to use it there as people only benefit from it for about 5 seconds before everybody needs to deal with -100g.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Meanwhile Moogle quests are complete garbage and there's no reason to ever do them other than Anima quest stuff which you can get from other sources anyway. The story was pretty good though, but not as good as Ixal which was like way better than all the other ARR tribes. I liked the Vath story more for the HW ones. Maybe they'll surprise me but the SB beast tribes look like they'll be meh, I'm no fan of the turtles or snake ladies, so it'll probably be all about the fishies(which I assume will be the crafting tribe).

Speak for yourself. Moogle Quests got all my crafts from 50-60 when I came back after 3.3 launched.

YEEEE
20170820224154_1ptsco.jpg

MAIMING LEGS YEEEEEEE

Xux

Man, the jump from the HW's DRG quest's
"they forced me and now I can't go back home or else the priests will honor kill me and my family"
to SB's
"check out this cute dragon who helped me with my dragon blood addiction! You should totally go on adventure with him to the new expansion areas and look for his dad's old girlfriend!"
is pretty jarring.

Also, jeeze are you a
dick to Erik. Was he talking with his eyes closed? What the fuck was even happening in that scene?

Astral

Some fucking know it all talking like he knows the PotD in and out and then doesn't know floor 50's boss mechanics whatsoever, and THEN has the audacity to say "called it" when we wipe. Piece of shit. I just wanna go to bed.

Omni

HMMM. Seems like my static is gonna implode tonight. Been a bit tense lately. We're top on our server in all fights + we've had 4s on farm for a month now so it's been going well, just people are wanting different things.

If anyone is looking for a WHM/AST (ideally the latter but no problem switching between the two), lemme know. Can link logs and stuff.

Qvoth

HMMM. Seems like my static is gonna implode tonight. Been a bit tense lately. We're top on our server in all fights + we've had 4s on farm for a month now so it's been going well, just people are wanting different things.

If anyone is looking for a WHM/AST (ideally the latter but no problem switching between the two), lemme know. Can link logs and stuff.

as someone who has quit statics for about a year, it's ALWAYS just a matter of time before something happens that breaks the group

remz

Some fucking know it all talking like he knows the PotD in and out and then doesn't know floor 50's boss mechanics whatsoever, and THEN has the audacity to say "called it" when we wipe. Piece of shit. I just wanna go to bed.

Same thing happened to me first 2-3 times I tried to clear it, fuckign infuriating because the fight isn't that hard if everyone knows what they're doing. I only eventually cleared it when a group from my FC ran it with me from 1-50. ;_;

The lv 60 blue gear from the Calamity Salvager, I have enough silver feathers for a set+weapons.

Would it last me throughout Stormblood till endgame content?

Went through Weeping City for first time today. Wow. That was fun. Plus some very cool and flashy boss mechanics. Wish the regular dungeons incorporated more stuff like that.

yaffi

The lv 60 blue gear from the Calamity Salvager, I have enough silver feathers for a set+weapons.

Would it last me throughout Stormblood till endgame content?

It's non-upgraded (ilvl260) gear, right? Then no. It will last you till shortly after the first dungeon. Even quest rewards will be better.

duckroll

I'm not sure why you are fussing over equipment when the game is designed to give you gear that you change into throughout a campaign as you play it. There's no point in trying to "outgear" a campaign because that's not the point of the game.

I'm not sure why you are fussing over equipment when the game is designed to give you gear that you change into throughout a campaign as you play it. There's no point in trying to "outgear" a campaign because that's not the point of the game.

Mostly because I just want to rush to Stormblood campaign, don't want to get bogged down by equipment and needing to grind dungeons.

Admittedly I forgot about quest reward equipment lol.

duckroll

Mostly because I just want to rush to Stormblood campaign, don't want to get bogged down by equipment and needing to grind dungeons.

Equipment is a non-issue for the campaign completely. You will still have to grind for level requirements towards the end of the campaign if you're not lvl70.

Astral

The Ironworks gear and Shire gear will get you through around mid HW and mid SB. At somebody point you'll receive a piece of gear that's better than them as a reward for a MSQ. The only thing that might slow you down is having to grind a level or two assuming you're not overleveled when you start them.

Omni

as someone who has quit statics for about a year, it's ALWAYS just a matter of time before something happens that breaks the group

Yeah, haha. I guess.

Really sucks though! It was my turn to get the coffer in 4s next week too smh

Question: where is money made once you've hit 70? My 3 friends and I amassed 14mil in Gil as we grinded and sold the extra pieces of clothes, weapons, and minions we found in our adventures. But the wall has been hit. We have no house and we're trying to stack at least 25-30mil for a medium when SB housing opens.

Any tips or direction?

Wilsongt

Question: where is money made once you've hit 70? My 3 friends and I amassed 14mil in Gil as we grinded and sold the extra pieces of clothes, weapons, and minions we found in our adventures. But the wall has been hit. We have no house and we're trying to stack at least 25-30mil for a medium when SB housing opens.

Any tips or direction?

Crafting.

And only if you're crafting the new stuff. You can make a bit of money with old ARR mats and HW mats.

Or, spiritbonding crafting gear and hoping you get tier V or VI Craftmanship and Control materia.

Qvoth

Yeah, haha. I guess.

Really sucks though! It was my turn to get the coffer in 4s next week too smh

reminds me of way back in 2nd coil, when it was my turn to get turn 8 but then they decided blm was not strong enough for t9 and they kicked me the week it was my turn to get the weapon upgrade dip
unless you're real actual real life friends with a core member(s), you will ALWAYS be just another outsider

anyway tried v4s again with 5 cleared people, still can't clear haha
think if i really wanna to clear it must be with 7 other cleared people, can't trust any other uncleared
or just wait about 1 more month, i think that's when most pugs will have enough dps to clear it
as of now the mechanics is no longer a problem, it's the dps "check"

iammeiam

We've sort of been using farm time to play around with actually doing the other fights good and then starting on the FFLogs challenge stuff. We've gotten the "everyone eat every Clamp" and "both Twin Bolt hits on the same dude" parts of O1S sorted, so now it's just time for all the annoying healer stuff.

For some reason "let's try to not be terrible at Exdeath" has become a recurring end-of-raid-night thing which has led to my life flashing before my eyes on occasion.

or just wait about 1 more month, i think that's when most pugs will have enough dps to clear it
as of now the mechanics is no longer a problem, it's the dps "check"

Have PUGs adopted the 'leave the melee on the boss for meteors' thing or the only-tank-soaks-water-during-Delta thing yet? O4S feels kind of deceptive because there are ways to handle the mechanics that make the DPS check a lot easier.

Any tips or direction?

There's a lot of ways, depending on what you wanna do.

Gathering is ok consistent money, BOT/MIN have a lot of stuff selling for 600 to 1200each depending on days, and you can generally gather 99 in like 15mins or whatever. FSH tends to be a lot more garbage until 70, but has some really good money making stuff depending on your server(dusklight and dawnlight aethersands for example are easy to farm and sell for a good amount on mine). Main issue of Gathering is you have to invest some money into gear(especially at 70) but if you know a crafter the amount invested is fairly low.

Then you have crafting, crafting is great to make money, but it costs a lot of money to level. It's kind of a long term investment, you'll want to sink several millions getting all your crafts leveled to 50 and a few good ones to 70, but after that you can generally make 20-50k a minute just pressing macros while alt tabbed. The amount you can make with crafting spikes dramatically for every major patch since new recipes are added and everyone wants the new stuff asap even if it's 100times more expensive than the materials. Crafting also have a neat double gain with spiritbinding, you can spiritbind and convert your crafting gear into materia when crafting to make money, so you make money while you make money.

If you don't want to do either of these, then you have VI materia farming. This will depend on your server, VIs are still worth like 80-100k on mine but on some others they're down a lot so that sucks, but if they're still worth ok money, you can farm them by doing Hunts and/or doing the Leveling roulette with a class in need. Main issue there is if you want to play with your friends, only one person will be in need, so you don't get as much.

You can also farm some materials worth decent money, this varies a lot though and tends to not be great, but Halgai/Manzasiris were fairly decent money before. Can also do maps, with 3ppl you could probably do gazelleskin maps on your own, maybe grab someone else for 4man maps, buy a bunch of maps and run them then sell the mats. Everytime you get Canals you have a good chance to increase your wealth a good amount. Retainers are also good consistent money generally, you can just send them for the decent items every hour or send them on exploration for the expensive minions if you're lucky.

Top Bottom