• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

Tested.com's Endurance Run where Will & Norm compete to see who can build a Star Wars Lego set the quickest.

Will:
LEGO Star Wars - Death Star - 10188
7rsJl.jpg

Difficulty: 14+
No Pieces: 3803
Weight: 4.855kg (10.7lbs)
PDF Manual: Link [Pages: 265]

Norm:
LEGO Star Wars - Super Star Destroyer - 10221
tw64l.jpg

Difficulty 16+
No Pieces: 3152
Weight: 4.055kg (8.9lbs)
PDF Manual: Link [Pages: 228]

Episode 0 - The Sort [1:10:37]

ghostmind

<posting this from another thread>

They are opening all the bags at once with no containers to sort?

They are so screwed.

Aaron

For some reason, Will alternatively whining about this project and being a dick to Norm is utterly hilarious.

Loxley

At first I was bored to tears watching it, then I convinced myself that Will and Norm were forced into that dull, grey prison of a room at gunpoint and told to build LEGO sets until instructed otherwise.

Made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable :)

Gowans

I thought they were gona throw all the pieces in a tub, mix it up and weigh it to start.

Great start tho, all the belly aching so far means this is going to be great to watch.

Seriously. I wish it looked more like the actual Death Star and less like Disneyland's Carousel of Progress.

There was an awesome deathstar set, but it's long sold out and goes for over $1,200 now. The Deathstar in the OP is the currently available smaller and more kiddie Deathstar

Watching two dudes who sorting some lego stuff. Yep. That is my evening. Definitely have to buy the Super Star Destroyer. Norm knows the good stuff. I like him.

There was an awesome deathstar set, but it's long sold out and goes for over $1,200 now. The Deathstar in the OP is the currently available smaller and more kiddie Deathstar
Yeah I remember it. Even the first MF release. Both were great stuff.

ghostmind

SSD = 3152 pcs; shipping weight = 15.6lbs
Death Star = 3803 pcs; weight of all pieces = 17.73lbs

I think those are both shipping weights.... looking for actuals

big_z

I've only watched the first 20 minutes since I don't have the time right now. Sucks this is going to be subscriber only.

I can't believe how much whining will is doing already. I've done 1000+ piece sets before and that shit never came sorted back in the day. It was all about dumping it into a container and digging as you go.

I think Norm has the advantage when it comes to the model itself. It looks like it has a simpler design with larger and less intricate parts.

I like this deathstar more btw.
51yxNSIUjzL.jpg

big_z

I think Norm has the advantage when it comes to the model itself. It looks like it has a simpler design with larger and less intricate parts.

I like this deathstar more btw.
51yxNSIUjzL.jpg

This is the model will should have gotten. Not only is it closer in number of pieces to norms set its also a 16+ set. Plus it looks better IMO.

ghostmind

Trivia:

The largest commercial LEGO set, when it was released in 2007, is the Ultimate Collector Millennium Falcon. This set has 5195 pieces and retailed for $500. It is now going for $2,000 on eBay.

w27uJ.jpg

In 2008, LEGO released the Taj Mahal, which is still the reigning king for piece count, at 5922.

Cyan

Banned
You weird English speaking guys are the only ones who ever did that. It's Lego.

Do you also say "Kleenex-brand tissues", "the Rose Bowl Game Presented by Citi", and add ™ to everything? And I certainly hope you don't refer to Coca-cola as "coke."

They're legos.

sixghost

This is the model will should have gotten. Not only is it closer in number of pieces to norms set its also a 16+ set. Plus it looks better IMO.

that model just looks unfinished. I know that's intentional, but it kind of looks cheap. Also, trying to replicate a spherical object using flat surface pieces doesn't look great.

Gowans

I like the fact they are playing fast n loose with the rules.

I can see them sacking off the weighing as a progress bar to set number/page of manual.

Wonder what the challenges and rewards/knock backs will be.

Any ideas guys?

suaveric

Trivia:

The largest commercial LEGO set, when it was released in 2007, is the Ultimate Collector Millennium Falcon. This set has 5195 pieces and retailed for $500. It is now going for $2,000 on eBay.

w27uJ.jpg

In 2008, LEGO released the Taj Mahal, which is still the reigning king for piece count, at 5922.

I have the Falcon.. sitting in its box, waiting for the day I'll finally get to build it. I forget most of the time that I even have it. Is it crazy to wait until I can build a display case for it before actually building it?

Gomu Gomu

This is going to be super interesting for me to watch. Growing up, I've never been exposed to Legos. I mean sure, I've seen others play with them. But I have never personally bought anything Lego related in my life. And always wondered what the appeal was. I guess this is the best way to see first hand what are they all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom