• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

Recieved my 690 GTX a couple of days ago, enb @ 60fps (mostly) is truly glorious.
L0st Id3ntity's is to blurry for my liking which is weird as his pictures look great but moving around was a blur fest, was too much. Did look great for a cinematic approach but everyday gaming not so much.
Are you sure it's blur? I've just launched my game to double check, I don't have any blur while moving around, do you mean the dof?

This is my current setting: http://www.mediafire.com/?uv32juz2332w0rr

My screens will look sharper because I have post sharpening on via this tool: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/131

Sanjay

The guy behind GTA IV's icenhancer is also making an ENB for Skyrim, can't wait to see how that turns out.

Lets hope he uses 1.2/1.3 of his GTA IV icenhancer.

Recieved my 690 GTX a couple of days ago, enb @ 60fps (mostly) is truly glorious.

Are you sure it's blur? I've just launched my game to double check, I don't have any blur while moving around, do you mean the dof?

This is my current setting: http://www.mediafire.com/?uv32juz2332w0rr

My screens will look sharper because I have post sharpening on via this tool: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/131

Oh sorry yes I mean the dof is more extreme.

Souther

Banned
It would be nice if AMD cards had the same optimization for Skyrim that Nvidia has. Then running some of the ENB mods would result in a lot better frame rates.

The Hermit

Now that I have a great PC, what are the must-have mods? Is the official hi-res patch recommended?

Its been a while since I last played Skyrim, sorry for the laziness :3

squidyj

I'm using theforcewithin's but I'm finding that there's like a grey crush during the daytime which I presume is some sort of an issue with the tone mapping curve? I'm not entirely sure. Basically a lot of detail and information is being crushed into a gray blobby mess in the day because I'm guessing the HDR maps it to the "black" level which is then adjusted up to whatever this gray is. :l

I'm using theforcewithin's but I'm finding that there's like a grey crush during the daytime which I presume is some sort of an issue with the tone mapping curve? I'm not entirely sure. Basically a lot of detail and information is being crushed into a gray blobby mess in the day because I'm guessing the HDR maps it to the "black" level which is then adjusted up to whatever this gray is. :l

Could you post a screenshot so I can see this. I think I might know what you are talking about, but if you could get a screenshot I may be able to help you. :)

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Nice. I didn't know there's a new version of ForceWithin's ENB mod. Will have to grab it tonight. Thanks to your ENB settings, I'm basically playing Skyrim for the first time.

Here are some screens I've been posting to the hi-res pc screens thread:

tesv2012-07-0323-56-0itu0z.png

tesv2012-07-0102-15-43dpxq.png

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
My game (screenshots just above) runs on average between 40-60fps. It never dips below 30 so, yes, I'm mostly playing the shit out of this game and stopping to smell the flower lots.

There are many good game balancing/fixing mods as well that make Skyrim presumably much better. I'm using them but I don't know how much better it is -- I just know that I'm having a blast.

mu cephei

I tried both L0st Id3ntity & TheForceWithin settings:-

L0st Id3ntity's is to blurry for my liking which is weird as his pictures look great but moving around was a blur fest, was too much. Did look great for a cinematic approach but everyday gaming not so much.

I really liked TheForceWithin settings, moving around was great as it did not feel like I was racing around in blur mode and his use of dof was to my liking.

Just one problem though, I get these god rays problems where the sun is meant to be while I did not get that problem with L0st Id3ntity settings.

Does anyone know what that could be?

Eh, this is odd, I find the opposite.

I'm using L0st Id3ntity's, it's the only one I've tried that isn't too blurry when I move. The ForceWithin's and Confidence Man's make my eyes water. It seemed to me they were only good for making screenshots.

L0st Id3ntity's is just about right, the only thing I think needs changing is how bright fires are inside. The Companion's fire and the fire in Dragonreach are crazy bright, can't see a thing. Other than that, it's great.

Jezabel

Sorry for a shitty question but skyrim nexus is being a dick, im pressing download on mods and nothing is happening, they arent coming up in nexus or anything? any ideas? (sorry for being incredibly vague, a few jack daniels Honeys will do that)

Not all the mods download directly from the website into the mod manager. Though for some, click the download/files tab on the webpage, which shows the list of files for download. Some of these may have a download with NMM button, which should work.

Edit: is anyone else annoyed the dragons? Namely every time I visit Winterhold college, there is a dragon attack 50% of the time! Really frustrating, especially since all the mages run away....

Ledsen

Is there a proprietary format (like .omod) for nexus mod manager, or some other way to ensure that the mod you're downloading is actually packaged properly (and thus will install properly)?

Sorry for a shitty question but skyrim nexus is being a dick, im pressing download on mods and nothing is happening, they arent coming up in nexus or anything? any ideas? (sorry for being incredibly vague, a few jack daniels Honeys will do that)

Make sure you don't have any pop-up blockers, or ad blockers add ons like AD Block Pro. If you do, try whitelisting the skyrimnexus site, and it should fix it.

Another thing, I always click on the blue, underlined text, and never the download button. I also install all my mods manually, because for me, that's how I've always done it, and it seems to be a lot better (plus NMM really doesn't like to work for me for some odd reason)

SkRe -Skyrim Redone completely stuffed up my game, it wouldn't get passed the Bethesda logo. I've decided to do a complete re-install and scrap some of the other mods as well. Has anyone had this issue with SkyRe, it must have been conflicting with something?

SkRe -Skyrim Redone completely stuffed up my game, it wouldn't get passed the Bethesda logo. I've decided to do a complete re-install and scrap some of the other mods as well. Has anyone had this issue with SkyRe, it must have been conflicting with something?

I had the same problem with the most recent. One of the sword mods that comes with it was broken for me. I redownloaded the sword mod by itself and it worked.

The latest version of SkyRE turns on all the .esp file it come with on when you upgrade it. So maybe check if that's whats wrong.

Ghizz

Yeah, I had to get rid of all my other mods for SkRe to work, then install the compatible mods.

ACE 1991

So just did a fresh install after mucking up skyrim a few months back with too many mods, what are the essential mods I should nab to make the game look pretty? Bare in mind I have an i5 2500K and a 1GB ATI 6950. Thanks!

I had the same problem with the most recent. One of the sword mods that comes with it was broken for me. I redownloaded the sword mod by itself and it worked.

It's probably best I do a full re-install now anyway but thanks for the advice. I think it might be that Jaysus 53 swords or whatever it's called.

Seeing as I just built this new rig (ivy bridge @ 4ghz and a gigabyte 670) I've decided to start fresh anyway. I'm going to go with SkyRe, Monster Mod (lore friendly version) and Forcewithin's ENB. Anything else that is a must?

Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization is finally out:

edit: tried it out, works great with more npcs mods, otherwise the abundant of chatter would sound out of place. Good thing it's configurable.

I can't remember the name of the more npc mods, any recommendations?

Edit: Can I also change the appearance of my character? I started new game and I must have picked default without thinking.

I can't remember the name of the more npc mods, any recommendations?

Edit: Can I also change the appearance of my character? I started new game and I must have picked default without thinking.
Get command console up and type showracemenu. However if you change race it could screw up your stats.

Syril

Sorry if this subject came up before, but i was wondering if there was a mod that makes it so that if there's only one weapon or a weapon and shield or two-handed weapon equipped, you attack with the left mouse button and block with the right, but if you are dual wielding, then you use the left weapon with the left mouse button and the right weapon with the right button.

ACE 1991

Can someone explain to me how to install ENB series? I can't figure it out. Also, what do you guys find to be the best settings?

goodfella

Sorry if this subject came up before, but i was wondering if there was a mod that makes it so that if there's only one weapon or a weapon and shield or two-handed weapon equipped, you attack with the left mouse button and block with the right, but if you are dual wielding, then you use the left weapon with the left mouse button and the right weapon with the right button.

That is a good idea.

Stoof

I just got Skyrim and it's currently installing, so I thought I'd ask a quick question. If I have Skyrim on Steam I can still install mods that are not on the Steam Workshop, correct?

Top Bottom