• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Dartastic

Timbers are fine as well. We aren't going anywhere. No way Merritt would consider selling, especially with the investment he's making to the current stadium.
Grant Wahl: Landon Donovan strongly considering running for US Soccer president.

I'd be down.
Same.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Grant Wahl: Landon Donovan strongly considering running for US Soccer president.

I'd be down.

At the very least he'd be really good at the soccer aspects of the job. He can just have someone else help him with the business side.

If he runs he'd be a solid choice, should probably go with him.

ZZMitch

At the very least he'd be really good at the soccer aspects of the job. He can just have someone else help him with the business side.

If he runs he'd be a solid choice, should probably go with him.

Yeah, I mean I would be okay with Gulati staying on and dealing with the business aspects and letting Landon take over for on-the-field choices.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I mean I would be okay with Gulati staying on and dealing with the business aspects and letting Landon take over for on-the-field choices.

That'd probably be the best solution to all this, given Donovan has authority and autonomy from Gulati when it comes to the on-the-field stuff.

gutshot

Wouldn't that just make Landon technical director? And he would still have to answer to Gulati, which means Sunil could overrule him on stuff.

Donovan would be a great choice for technical director but he has no business or managerial experience. I don’t think he’s a great choice to run the whole federation.

It's so weird to me. That article implies the league really wants Austin, but Austin is like /shrug

Why is the league so particularly focused on that one market?

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
It's so weird to me. That article implies the league really wants Austin, but Austin is like /shrug

Why is the league so particularly focused on that one market?

It's gets even dumber when a city southwest of Austin has done nearly everything to get on board for an expansion team. But this move, if it happens, can seriously knock San Antonio out of the running due to it's proximity to Austin.

This whole situation is already a massive farce as it with Columbus being threatened with relocation.

Maybe they're hoping that Austin will have a vibe (and fanbase) similar to Seattle and Portland?

Which I could see, but I wouldn't expect that level of support with the way they're going about bringing a franchise to the city.

Edit: I didn't realize Austin had gotten so big. The metro area is over 2 million, only about 400k less than San Antonio's. 0_o

As someone that's been to both a number of times (for family, but not anytime recently), that's surprising.

Icolin

Banned
I really do feel for you Crew fans. Its an uncertain time I recognize, and I take full responsibility for the situation I have put us in.

https://twitter.com/APrecourt/status/921149773024985089

Put you all in, not us

https://twitter.com/APrecourt/status/921150584593567744

The players and coaches and staff deseve your support as they make a run for an MLS Cup. They have nothing to do with ownership's decisions.

https://twitter.com/APrecourt/status/921150254875074560

This man is ridiculous

Azuran

Banned

Wow just wow

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually glad TFC is owned by MLSE. I don't ever see any of the Toronto teams moving as long as they're in charge.

Plus the day the Leafs ask for a new arena, the city will gladly bend backwards for them. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any stadium rumbling with the Jays considering how "ancient" the Skydome is nowadays.

So apparently they are refusing to refund season ticket holders despite them waiting to announce the move after they said they were going to relocate???

Next level scumbag this dude is. I wouldn’t even want this team if I lived in Austin. I’d rather wait for an expansion bid from someone else.

This is an absolutely dreadful look for the league who are letting all this happen. The situation with the Revs was depressing enough. But I’m beginning to lose interest in the league all together the worse MLS leadership behaves and the continued horrible decisions they make

Icolin

Banned
I have no idea how to set up a Discord. I'll be on r/MLS under the username "saladroit" and on the SL&ENT Football thread though.

Hopefully Cystm or someone else comes through. It's been a blast, y'all.

ZZMitch

I was gone all weekend and missed all this crazy GAF stuff! Glad this community as back (at least until we move somewhere else?), it was my favorite thing on GAF.

what is SL&ENT and is there a discord for MLS GAF?

Askani

You can reach me on Reddit. I post as SonAskani. I think I’ve seen Dartastic there as well as xbhaskarx. Probably some others of you that I didn’t recognize a username.

I’m not sure if I’ll be back here much. Probably will at least a little. Time will tell.

Dartastic

Use this for now. I'm looking into Sl&ent (fuck the name tho lol) I see BCT is there at least.

You can reach me on Reddit. I post as SonAskani. I think I've seen Dartastic there as well as xbhaskarx. Probably some others of you that I didn't recognize a username.

I'm not sure if I'll be back here much. Probably will at least a little. Time will tell.
Yeah. I registered on that uh... slent thing, and I'm on Reddit the most TBH. I'm Dartastic there also. Not sure how much time I want to spend here anymore. This is also the primary board I go on outside of Reddit, so... it's weird.

Cystm

This is my last post on this forum. We've put a lot of time and passion into this crazy spectrum of things from soccer to games, moves, books, music, language, on and on it goes. You all already know it's bullshit for it to end like this. I hope that we find a way to each other again.

I really dig each and every one of you.

We're moving to a new forum. Join us if you can.

Linking the discord again qoute to reveal

[Link Redacted] 11/17

Crazy how last night's games were nothing like the one-sided drubbings of the night before.

Also so glad to see Atlanta knocked out, they were the only East team that actually had me worried.

Top Bottom