• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

miserable

can't do neck bumps if you got no neck

tenor.gif

Hex

Banned
Yeah but there still needs to be pay off.

Goddammit NJPW isn't supposed to engage me on the out of the ring storyline stuff. Now I have expectations

You and I would not be satisfied with Naito going over Fale for revenge.
we want Takahashi to go full on Timebomb

Foggy

With two losses already, Ishii is on the outside looking in. Not too surprising. Hopefully he'll get an IC run before things start winding or breaking down for him.

Awesome match. Wish it had another ten minutes to build the finish though.

I think if the crowd was more into it, it would've felt better. Fale stole the heat, dammit.

pbayne

Lol Fale you monster.

Okada/Elgin fuck man you couldnt look away from it, great stuff. Woke up the crowd up from Omega and Tama which was dire imo. Like the crowd didn't seem to give a flying fuck and when the crowd dosent get into a match i find it hard to as well. Juice is well over too, him and evil had a very good match that shouldn't be overlooked.

Jashobeam

Kinda makes sense that matches finish faster due to injury and fatigue, like Ishii usually would be able to take more pubishment before eating a pin like that.

Foggy

I don't know if I'll ever really get behind Makabe. Whatever aspects of his character or personality that gets over in Japan is lost on me and his style is done better by other guys.

Foggy

Weakest night so far, but that speaks more to the quality of the tournament thus far.

Nagata 0pts

YOSHI-HASHI 2pts
Ishii 2pts
Makabe 2pts

ZSJ 4 pts
Tanahashi 4 pts
Fale 4 pts
Ibushi 4 pts
Naito 4 pts
Goto 4 pts

On Tuesday we have:

Kojima/Elgin
Tama/EVIL
Juice/Suzuki
Yano/Omega
Okada/SANADA

Not half bad

Hex

Banned
Weakest night so far, but that speaks more to the quality of the tournament thus far.

Nagata 0pts

YOSHI-HASHI 2pts
Ishii 2pts
Makabe 2pts

ZSJ 4 pts
Tanahashi 4 pts
Fale 4 pts
Ibushi 4 pts
Naito 4 pts
Goto 4 pts

On Tuesday we have:

Kojima/Elgin
Tama/EVIL
Juice/Suzuki
Yano/Omega
Okada/SANADA

Not half bad

Omega v Yano and sanada v Okada are main events for me anywhere

I'm gonna be on a 3 day train trip across Canada starting tonight but I have 6 gigs of mobile Data so I should be able to stream at least one of the nights if not all 3 depending on how much bandwidth it actually is

pbayne

Top two matches were great. I love Makabe so it was the perfect end point for me. Others were just kinda there but i did enjoy seeing Tana heeling it up,

Finally caught up - this year I wanted to watch *every* match. Just finished Goto/Makabe.

So far ZSJ has been on average my favourite. So glad he beat YOSHI HASHI.

Also loved Ibushi kicking the crap out of Ishii. Wonderful match.

Finally caught up - this year I wanted to watch *every* match. Just finished Goto/Makabe.

So far ZSJ has been on average my favourite. So glad he beat YOSHI HASHI.

Also loved Ibushi kicking the crap out of Ishii. Wonderful match.

Same, ZSJ is having a great G1, I am so glad he and Naito defeated Yoshi.

Ibushi vs Ishii so far is my favorite match and I really liked Ibushi vs Naito, SZJ vs Ibushi, ZSJ vs Tana and Okada vs Elgin.

I also love how Makabe bashes the head of his opponent in the ring post to do his finisher, always looks brutal.

kiguel182

Watching without English commentary is weird. Skipped some matches today since I was behind a bit.

Ishii and Ibushi was great. ZSJ continues to be great.

Maybe it was a bit of fatigue or me not liking Elgin but Okada v Omega didn’t do much for me.

Top Bottom