• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

FelipeMGM

Americas and Europe confirmed

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-W5LDUg18

Also there is be a contest to vote on the game cover on bnent.eu/gundamvsvote. There are 4 options

a9fba80793b68c929e978c765321a271cc3164f9.jpg.png
21c1bda4d088a3ab23513e8c13570f1a9be1aa73.jpg.png

1272856b8748153fc8f678db927b014ae058f513.jpg.png
6e07f4239d8db82888a30e5d358fe65119d00334.jpg.png

PR:

– BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. the premier publisher of anime videogames today announces GUNDAM VERSUS for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Take control of over 90 Mobile Suits spanning more than 35 years of the Mobile Suit Gundam universe and experience one of the most popular imports in Japanese pop culture history like never before.

World famous giant robot series and notorious head-to-head smash hit, GUNDAM VERSUS, is coming to the Americas and Europe for the first time for home console, this time built from the ground up exclusively for the PlayStation 4 system. Battle in explosive online two-versus-two and three-versus-three team battles in this all-new title built from the ground up for the PlayStation 4 system. Each playable Mobile Suit comes equipped with its own weapons systems to learn and master along with new mobility options that allow for advanced strategy to evade and outwit opponents.

”For more than 35 years the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise has fostered a highly engaged and energetic community," said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing for BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. ”We are excited to release GUNDAM VERSUS to those fans eager for more Mobile Suit Gundam releases in the West, as well as introducing the franchise a brand new expanded audience."

GUNDAM VERSUS will be available Fall 2017 in the Americas and Europe on the PlayStation 4 system.

Drayco21

Fuck yes!!

Aalmost preordered the Singapore version this week; glad I held off. Hope the music isn't stripped out of this release.

lupinko

How interesting~!

Concerned about music licenses, too, but this is just so good to see.

If Bamco wants to fork over the extra money, the music licenses should be fine. Tho for whatever reason there's a premium audio version now for Japan, which I found odd because the previous PS3 and PS2 releases had the original songs by default.

The only tricky songs are the three Neil Sedaka Zeta songs, unless they figured that out too. But this game is from the ground up so who knows if they even bother with those three songs.

Cool, though looking at the roster I'm disappointed by no G Gundam reps(Even though I can totally understand why implementing either Shining or God Gundam into the game would be difficult because of the pretty much exclusive emphasis on ultra close range combat)

killatopak

Is japanese ps plus required?

Gonna have so much fun with this. Boost dive looks like a good mechanic to add.

Edit; wait localized? Fuckkkk yeessssss

If Bamco wants to fork over the extra money, the music licenses should be fine. Tho for whatever reason there's a premium audio version now for Japan, which I found odd because the previous PS3 and PS2 releases had the original songs by default.

The only tricky songs are the three Neil Sedaka Zeta songs, unless they figured that out too. But this game is from the ground up so who knows if they even bother with those three songs.

Gematsu has a list up for the premium stuff

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/gundam-versus-premium-g-sound-edition-song-list-announced-new-screenshots

Sweet but I am still concerned about the music licences though. I still might get the English Asian version if the music licences are still intact in that version.

PixlNinja

Banned
Not having the music will kill my interest. Take the money that would be used for English dub and put it towards the music licenses instead. Its a significant part of the experience.

Lren

Well, I was already gonna import it like Extreme Versus and Full Boost. Now I can just wait a little bit!... Maybe. Hah.

kollapse

Neo Member
I had my doubts this would happen (thought "worldwide" meant "SEA") but I'm so happy it did.

Don't know what to do now, though - if there are substantial version differences, or shitty placeholder music that isn't even what's in the regular (non-G Sound) version, I might have to double dip.

Also that July to fall wait is gonna be tough.

Anyone still importing?

Top Bottom