• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

So this is a sequel / upgrade / most recent iteration of the game?

We're not missing anything by it not being extreme maxi pad boost extreme VS?

It's a branch sequel/reboot.

It's not directly inheriting the roster like EXVS -> Fullboost -> Maxi, and it has different mechanics and features.

but the base gameplay is the same. I don't feel like I'm missing out. If anything I'd rather have this than Maxi atm.

yami4ct

Please vote cover A

A or B are the best choices. I love the Exia design, but having it feature as the main suit in a game with the roster of VS is a bit presumptuous.

As for cover D, well at least they picked the best Wing Gundam design but let's keep Wing/SEED as far away as possible.

TKM

Voted Cover B for variety. A is nice also, but I'm a little tired of the usual blue/white Gundam color scheme.

I saw a mention of worldwide servers, but still no talk about LAN? Someone has to ask this since it's really important for it's success in the west.

KHlover

Banned
Yupppp! It's a great time to be a Gundam fan. I need to watch s2 of IBO. I've been so deep in a complete UC Marathon for the past 2 months.

Origin - MSG Trilogy - 08th MS Team - War in the Pocket - Thunderbolt - Stardust Memory - Zeta - ZZ

Gonna watch Char's Counterattack tonight and start Unicorn this weekend.

So good.
Heh I've watched MSG - 08th MS Team - War in the Pocket - StardustMemory - Zeta - Char's Counterattack - Unicorn in the past three weeks. Started with Unicorn because I had no idea it was chronologically the last one. Now I'm watching it again lol

Prophane33

Out of the 20 or so Gundam games I own this may be the first one I play in English, IF the music and voices are intact.

Had to import the Gundam Musou games because of that madness.

Heh I've watched MSG - 08th MS Team - War in the Pocket - StardustMemory - Zeta - Char's Counterattack - Unicorn in the past three weeks. Started with Unicorn because I had no idea it was chronologically the last one. Now I'm watching it again lol

Haha very nice! I wouldn't skip on ZZ. It's a great show and ties up a lot of loose ends from Zeta. And it leads nicely into Char's Counterattack. People like to dump on it for the humor early on, but the protagonist is one of the best in the franchise. And two words: Gundam Team.

After Unicorn you can watch F91 and Victory Gundam to finish off the UC lol. But those two are so far out from the others that they're their own thing.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
tenormasu0.gif

GOTY

Will probably double dip, due to the usual music licensing shenanigans
and can't wait those 3+ months :3

If Bamco wants to fork over the extra money, the music licenses should be fine. Tho for whatever reason there's a premium audio version now for Japan, which I found odd because the previous PS3 and PS2 releases had the original songs by default.

The only tricky songs are the three Neil Sedaka Zeta songs, unless they figured that out too. But this game is from the ground up so who knows if they even bother with those three songs.
EXVSFB on PS3 had a Premium G Sound version as well, which was for *extra* songs besides the ones included in the soundtrack. I'm guessing is the same this time around, given it has the same name.

Cool, though looking at the roster I'm disappointed by no G Gundam reps(Even though I can totally understand why implementing either Shining or God Gundam into the game would be difficult because of the pretty much exclusive emphasis on ultra close range combat)
There is exactly a 100% chance God Gundam is in this game.

Region restrict options pls. 3v3 global lagwars, non merci.
Aw come on, those
I was on lagging everyone
were fun! :D

Y'all worried about soundtracks coming over when you should be rocking Gundam Slam Jams!

Trans-Slam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AH39x6ArI0
Slamming Finger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1UuEHmxG0U
Slammin' Voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W580NlHWz5A
Is this the best thing on the internet?
Why yes, yes it is.

Kysuke

Cool, though looking at the roster I'm disappointed by no G Gundam reps(Even though I can totally understand why implementing either Shining or God Gundam into the game would be difficult because of the pretty much exclusive emphasis on ultra close range combat)

Wait what?

arigato

YEEEESSSSSS!! I am so hyped for this! Gonna watch a ton of Gundam this year to prep!
I didn't expect to be marathoning Gundam this year lol. Game looks really good so far, will definitely buy this especially after hearing about the worldwide servers.

Maybe I'm the minority here, but I wish the mechas are a bit super deformed.

Not super chibi like in SD Gundam Online, but sort of chibi.

I'll get the game when it's out, nonetheless.

Is the roster complete? Seems weird to omit the mobile suits from 00's second season and ALL of G Gundam. I'll bust some heads if they don't put Master Gundam in.

I also need Bael and Vidar from IBO.

killatopak

Gold Member
I hope there's a single player campaign. I mean I love playing against other people but I want to destroy mooks as well. I also don't want the platinum to be locked behind mp.

Xater

Fuck yes! Gonna pre-order this sucker digitally asap.

I hope me evangelizing this series contributed to Bamco bringing it over. I am so happy this is happening.

I hope there's a single player campaign. I mean I love playing against other people but I want to destroy mooks as well. I also don't want the platinum to be locked behind mp.

Extreme Vs had quite an extensive campaign mode.

Caim

Is the roster complete? Seems weird to omit the mobile suits from 00's second season and ALL of G Gundam. I'll bust some heads if they don't put Master Gundam in.

No they just revealed Altron, Epyon, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, and X3.

raven777

the roster is not complete yet. I think they said around 90 MS for the game, and they revealed around ~55? Not sure exact number. But 00 second season is confirmed to be not in the base game I think.

the roster is not complete yet. I think they said around 90 MS for the game, and they revealed around ~55? Not sure exact number. But 00 second season is confirmed to be not in the base game I think.

Ah alright. Either way I'll support this and it's DLC. Just excited we're getting it in the West at all!

I voted for cover B because badass laser beams and all the destruction around.

Cover A can get fucked because I hate Barbatos, it is an ugly gundam and I don't want it on my game cover. Hell I don't want it in the game if possible.

I voted for cover B because badass laser beams and all the destruction around.

Cover A can get fucked because I hate Barbatos, it is an ugly gundam and I don't want it on my game cover. Hell I don't want it in the game if possible.

Well, I know what I'm playing now when we go online. :3

tumblr_onsj3n6D9x1sdhuzuo2_500.gif

Lupus Rex and Guison Full Bake City Revival Space Guts Mk 3 for DLC pls. Also Meer Zaku as well.

BTW, where are my waifu operators at? :O

Luigi87

Wait why? So we could get some over played UC nonsense?

Damn it Bandai Namco add Destiny and the Heine custom and have them on a cover!

Well I mean Covers A (Barbatos, not RX-78 obv.) and C are non-UC. I went with B though, as in spite of Unicorn getting priority focus, v-Gundam is my favourite, lol

lol

Really though, I voted against cover D, but I fully expect it to win in the West due to the popularity of Wing and SEED, at least in NA territories.

Wait sooo the build fighter unit in this game is from Try? What??? Hot Scramble? Lol I can only dream of Amazing Kampfer making an appearance in this game.

I'd settle for the normal Kampfer, really. I didn't know it existed until Gundam Breaker 3, and it's quickly become one of my favorites.

KHlover

Banned
Out of the 20 or so Gundam games I own this may be the first one I play in English, IF the music and voices are intact.

Had to import the Gundam Musou games because of that madness.
Gundam...Musou? What? Are you mowing down thousands of Zakus in that one? I can't comprehend how that would possibly work, looks like I've got quite a bit of youtubing to do when it comes to the gaming side of the franchise. Any other batshit crazy Gundam games worth a look?

Also sorry to OP for abusing this thread to ask "babby's first foray into Gundam games kinda questions

Luigi87

Gundam...Musou? What? Are you mowing down thousands of Zakus in that one? I can't comprehend how that would possibly work, looks like I've got quite a bit of youtubing to do when it comes to the gaming side of the franchise. Any other batshit crazy Gundam games worth a look?

Also sorry to OP for abusing this thread to ask "babby's first foray into Gundam games kinda questions
Aside from this and Musou, absolutely Gundam Breaker. Build your own Mobile suits!

Top Bottom