• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

DominoKid

i'd rather he go to Kentucky if he not gonna go to Carolina. but i wouldn't mind if he went to Wake. it's not too much longer than the 2 blocks im used to walking to go see him play.

that kwe parker decommit is interesting though. wonder if it's related to Giles.

Fjordson

Calipari just watched Giles play yesterday. Kinda wish he would give up on these Coach K team USA targets earlier. It's pretty much hopeless these days.

Silkworm

Well first exhibition game of the Coach White era at UF is in the books with the Gators beating Palm Beach Atlantic (Div II) 89-42. I'd agree with Coach's White one word to describe the game "frantic". Good frantic was forcing Palm Beach Atlantic into 30 turnovers. Bad frantic was the Gators committing 23 turnovers. And just bad was shooting 37% from the FT line. Lots to like, lots not to like. Hopefully they'll get things sorted out and look a bit better offensively (i.e. take better care of the ball, hit higher % of FTs) against Navy next Friday, November 13th. :)

Giles decision is imminent.

I heard from a friend of a friend of his that don't count out UNC...Pembroke.

UNCP is the dark horse.

EDIT: Giles to Duke.

78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Can we just keep both K and Capel forever?

It wasn't that long ago when Duke was getting run out the gym by Villanova and it was time to wonder if it was all over for K.

Huge shoutout to the NCAA for fucking up UNC's bball program without ever sending a single legit punishment.

Shoutout to the bossman Jerry Colangelo, that Team USA pipeline is crucial.

Shoutout to the NCAA Selection Committee 2010 for (maybe) giving Duke a super easy road to that title and putting the program back on the map.

Who am I missing?

Shout out to the Oklahoma AD for firing Jeff Capel

Fjordson

It wasn't that long ago when Duke was getting run out the gym by Villanova and it was time to wonder if it was all over for K.

Huge shoutout to the NCAA for fucking up UNC's bball program without ever sending a single legit punishment.

Shoutout to the bossman Jerry Colangelo, that Team USA pipeline is crucial.

Shoutout to the NCAA Selection Committee 2010 for (maybe) giving Duke a super easy road to that title and putting the program back on the map.

Who am I missing?

Shout out to the Oklahoma AD for firing Jeff Capel
Maybe Kyrie. I could be wrong, but in my mind he's the first big modern one and done K got. And he's not like some slow 7 footer from Europe, he's a superstar point guard in the league. Maybe his injury his freshman year lessens the impact he's had on future recruits. But I always think players like that in the pros helps a program's recruiting.

It's how I feel about John Wall for Kentucky (though UK was infinitely worse off in the 2000's than Duke was).

Ohband I love that the NCAA I'd like we're all about the student athletes yet they are dragging their feet in clearing Tacko Fall. From Senegal, smart as hell, knows four languages, and is an engineering student. But no they have to take months to make sure he's legit.

Ohband I love that the NCAA I'd like we're all about the student athletes yet they are dragging their feet in clearing Tacko Fall. From Senegal, smart as hell, knows four languages, and is an engineering student. But no they have to take months to make sure he's legit.

They'll wait until a few hours before the season opener to make a ruling I'm sure

Proelite

Wake Fans can take consolation in knowing that they were there with us in the end. It was a close battle.

Karl2177

Iowa also lost to a DII school and Adam "Eyepoke" Woodbury only scored 6. Can I just go ahead and say that Iowa is going to be a Cyclone state this year.

Karl2177

Texas crushed the #2 DII school in the nation today in their exhibition. I'm cautiously optimistic about this team.
Texas is the team I'm worried about the most in the conference. Aside from Baylor, they gave us the biggest trouble in Hilton, and they were average last year. With damn near everyone returning, and Felix not recovering from an injury, I think they are the "darkhorse" for knocking Kansas off the throne.

Bowser

Seventh Woods is a Tar Heel
Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
North Carolina now moves to No. 4 in the 2016 class rankings

Not the class Carolina fans dreamed of a few years back, but given the circumstances, pretty incredible.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Northwestern's chances of making the tournament just went down the drain with Vic Law's shoulder. There's always next year Wildcats.

Pollux

Alright boys....that time of year again. Let's go UK!!!!!

We're not looking stellar on offense right now

Top Bottom