• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Mindwipe

Max Landis talking about wanting to work with Sejic on Twitter.

Make it happen DC. I'd fucking read that book. 100%.

Hey there ComicGAF, been looking for some good reads to add to my shelf and after spotting a stray ad was reminded of the oft-declared gem I Kill Giants, and I'm thinking of pickin' it up. Any fans who can vouch for/confirm its greatness..?? I do think I've missed this one for too long. Eheh.

Yeah, it's legit. Just get ready for those feels.

Another OT, another OP where Marvel has top billing.

YsFaEJz.png

Read some more of 52. The Charlie/Renee thread is easily the best of the lot. Black Adam and Co seem to have disappeared somewhere. Steel/Luthor thread seems to be heading towards the final conflict. Still can't see where Ralph is going. But after
the Skeets reveal, I am starting to get suspicious of Dr. Fate's helmet. Skeets has also disappeared btw
. The flow of time is very weird. Each issue pertains to a certain week but the pace of the arcs themselves vary quite a bit.

We all made it, guys. Everyone except messi. I'm proud of us. I'm THANKFUL we made it another month. Congratulations. To us all. Except messi.

Shouldn't have missed that penalty if he had wished to stick around.

Casanova in the OP again

do you think people will get the message?

READ CASANOVA YOU DOPES

I'd love to but Image hates Digital.

Or maybe it's just Matt Fraction. The Casanova digital trades chopped out the special edition material and now the latest issues have the Chabon backups chopped out.

Not cool. We're Americans too.

Johndoey

Banned
I was really surprised by how much I ended up liking American Alien, was solid. Some decent young Clark stuff there.

-
Man, i need to get back to Saga, I keep forgetting Saga.

So it's a relaunch/renumbering/renaming of New Avengers with other Ewing characters jumpinh into the fray and Red Hulk added.

It's a Ewing book so I'll continue to pick up the issues or the trade like I do with New Avengers.

McBryBry

So, I've taken it upon myself to attempt to catch up on the Marvel universe. I've always wanted to be up with continuity, but have never actively tried. So, I found a "reading order" for Marvel NOW! to Secret Wars. "This will be easy!" Oh dear. I was wrong.

http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/marvel-now-checklist/

Take this. Then knock out things I don't care about (Ex: Fantastic Four) and holy shit its still a lot. So far I've carved my way down the list to Avengers Arena over the course of roughly two weeks. I've skipped a few like FF and Gambit, quit some others because I wasn't into it like X Men Legacy and Dark Avengers. Still a lot... But I'm gonna do it. I'm going to conquer this beast.

Vic_Viper

Why are people so upset at Marvel due to the divided we stand relaunch? All it is is a new run of story arcs. They said awhile back that they are going to start doing this kinda thing every so often after a big event. It's not a reboot or anything. You probably wouldn't even notice if they hadn't branded it as some sort of big deal.

Speaking about catching up with Marvel, I wonder how Mr.Luchador's reading is going. Last I remember, I think he made it past 1000 issues.

I love how they mention the actual source of the article as late as humanly possible. What a disgusting display of "journalism"
We really need a new comic website or the newspapers to take over. All the old comic news sites have been bought or turned into the same clickbait sites as so many others.

I pretty much only go to CBR for exclusive interviews now. I still visit ComicsAlliance once a week. Bleeding Cool has somehow become the most honest site.

Captain America Steve Rogers #2

This is one of the worst and most boring issues I've read of a comic in the past few weeks.

Spencer is somehow turning two Captain America titles into a snooze-fest.

Vic_Viper

So, I've taken it upon myself to attempt to catch up on the Marvel universe. I've always wanted to be up with continuity, but have never actively tried. So, I found a "reading order" for Marvel NOW! to Secret Wars. "This will be easy!" Oh dear. I was wrong.

http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/marvel-now-checklist/

Take this. Then knock out things I don't care about (Ex: Fantastic Four) and holy shit its still a lot. So far I've carved my way down the list to Avengers Arena over the course of roughly two weeks. I've skipped a few like FF and Gambit, quit some others because I wasn't into it like X Men Legacy and Dark Avengers. Still a lot... But I'm gonna do it. I'm going to conquer this beast.

You should actually go back and read Fantastic Four and FF if you want some of the threads leading into Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers which lead into Infinity and Secret Wars. Really all you need to read are those books and Bendis's All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men.

Top Bottom