• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Unlimited: Hyobu Kyousuke 3

With Hyobu's recent absence in the manga, I forgot just how ridiculous and bipolar his portrayal is. Dude is still considered the main antagonist of the franchise and does some pretty despicable things, but then we're treated to the "maybe they're not so bad after all" cliche. I hate that because I don't like getting mixed messages. There's another similarity to Code:Breaker we can add to the pile.

Not much action, but good episode nonetheless.

I hope the anime can find its own identity, feel like every episode every week that nearly every poster claims code breaker on it :/

dumbyugi

Strike Witches

This was a fantastic series. I went in expecting pantsu and yuri but found a fun story of friendship and teamwork. The fanservice was presented so casually that it didn't even seem like it was there most of the time. The characters were all fun, though I wish there had been a few more episodes so all the witches could have their time to shine. There was one thing that annoyed me and that's the lack of explanations for a few things. What was the deal with the Neuroi? What was the deal with the Warlock turning into a Neuroi? I hope season 2 answers this for me. I saw that Sakamoto's VA changes in season 2, I hope that the new VA does a decent job with her laugh.

wonzo

Banned
best ed of 2012

Yeah, sounds like you got a bug infestation in there.
Maybe he's been watching too much Hen Zemi
henzemi1a.jpg
henzemi1b.jpg

henzemi1c.jpg
henzemi1d.jpg

How did that show get a Jam Project OP?
dat niconico yen

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I was not supposed to be on the wall of shame. I tried so hard.

Shergal

Yuru Yuri 1

I had heard that this show has a fair amount of sakuga, and this episode delivered immensely. A lot of lively animations, and complemented by a good storyboard as well. I'm digging the dynamic of the main cast, seems like it will be mostly a very funny series.

Yuru Yuri 2

This one didn't deliver :( pretty weak compared to the previous episode, not only in the animation department but in the gags too.

At least we got introduced to the tsundere duo Sakurako and Himawari, I'm expecting good things from them. The yuri fantasies by glasses-chan were reused a lot here, and not in a particularly interesting way.

Also the ordered chapters for the OP and ED are not working for me, anyone knows what might be up?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sakurako and Himawari are the standout comedy duo of YuruYuri.
We have ♪♪. We know better than this. They only have like one joke, and their rivalry is pretty redundant and inferior to that between Kyouko and Ayano. Worst things to exist in YY: Drool girl, Scientist and tag along, Sakurako and Himawari.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Genki girl and normal-chan are pretty good but they don't make up for the crushing meh of Magical Girl and Aka-rin
Akarin and Chinatsu are essential components to how Yuru Yuri works. Chinatsu is a great co-operative antagonist and Akarin is Akarin, both produce some of the most memorable and out there content for the show.

Bakuman 16

A really good episode. I haven't liked this season as much as the previous ones, but this episode gives me hope. I'm honestly tired of PCP and I'm hoping
Eiji starting on a new manga means that Ashirogi will as well.

Bakuman 16

A really good episode. I haven't liked this season as much as the previous ones, but this episode gives me hope. I'm honestly tired of PCP and I'm hoping
Eiji starting on a new manga means that Ashirogi will as well.

PCP is no Detective Trap but its characters and story is so good. I hope it somehow becomes an anime.

Otherwise didnt know there were more than two of us (was sure e.m also watches?) watching bakuman.

Akarin and Chinatsu are essential components to how Yuru Yuri works. Chinatsu is a great co-operative antagonist and Akarin is Akarin, both produce some of the most memorable and out there content for the show.

You're right Akarin & chinatsu are where the comedy lies....
YNe8o.gif

BUt if you're looking at yuri , then Sakurako and Himawari are where you need to look . there is like no contest here.

Even the author agrees

Jintor

eh, I don't find them very amusing. They're as one note as the tsundere couple but far less entertaining

Five minutes into the first episode of Lucky Star and I'm bored as shit. Is there any reason to keep watching this?

Took about four episodes for Lucky Star to really 'click' for me

The first episode is pretty bad from memory, even if it is indicative of the style of humour it goes for

OceanBlue

Five minutes into the first episode of Lucky Star and I'm bored as shit. Is there any reason to keep watching this?

The first four episodes were directed by Yamamoto Yutaka, after which he was dismissed as director (I think this was the thing that led him to leave KyoAni). I think most people agree that the episodes directed by Yamamoto aren't very entertaining.

I can't guarantee that you'll find the rest of it entertaining, but this is something to keep in mind.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Everyone agrees that the first handful of episodes are poop. So much so the director got the boot. Gets much better after those. Basically stick with them and it'll be worth it.

Second half has some of the most out there EDs I've ever seen.

fertygo

Strike Witches

This was a fantastic series. I went in expecting pantsu and yuri but found a fun story of friendship and teamwork. The fanservice was presented so casually that it didn't even seem like it was there most of the time. The characters were all fun, though I wish there had been a few more episodes so all the witches could have their time to shine. There was one thing that annoyed me and that's the lack of explanations for a few things. What was the deal with the Neuroi? What was the deal with the Warlock turning into a Neuroi? I hope season 2 answers this for me. I saw that Sakamoto's VA changes in season 2, I hope that the new VA does a decent job with her laugh.

Season 2 the Neuroi fight became even more impressive, but not have plot that as exciting.. and more increased "plot" instead.

The Movie are the shit tho, Miyafuji goes fuck rambo in the whole movie and I said goddamn.

Shergal

If what I've read on the show here and there is accurate, Akarin doesn't have much spotlight until season 2, right? I like her character, so that'd make me have to rush through the first season.

Yuru Yuri 3

Better than ep 2, but still not feeling it. Episode 1 was much better than this one still. The focus was on Kyouko and Yui's relationship this time, but I thought the episode could have benefited immensely from some better direction and storyboard; the scenes with the two alone at night were supposed to be heart-warming and explore a little bit of the characters, but they came across as "just there".
I'm sure the episodes storyboarded by Ohta himself are going to be much better, and probably have better animation as well, so looking forward to them.

Also, what the hell is this shit!?

Suspension of disbelief can't be maintained when these things appear.

Jintor

Lucky Star is one of those 'put it on and zone out' shows I enjoy. It's like YuruYuri but with slightly less Yuri + KyoAni sparkle.

Second half has some of the most out there EDs I've ever seen.

mah man

cit_lucky_star_posing_in_front_of_kyoani.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If what I've read on the show here and there is accurate, Akarin doesn't have much spotlight until season 2, right? I like her character, so that'd make me have to rush through the first season.

You don't rush YuruYuri. You take it in slowly, like wine tasting.

And I'm sure you've noticed the joke about Akari by now which is why you may not feel like she's had much screentime. You'll see her plenty in later episodes. It's her sister that gets more in the second half (she only got that mention in episode one in series 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom