• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Xyber

Please explain.

I'm guessing he thinks everyone just downloads their games instead of rip them.

Dat kid.
i1ixhkoSvjeE1.png

ibbPb7XpZXg3Kf.png

All the config settings are at their defaults, including DSP on HLE. Graphics settings are D3D11, 4x native, 8 samples, 16x AF, forcing 16:9 and the widescreen hack. My 2500k (@4.4) is being used pretty heavily (well, what Dolphin uses at least), 670 not so much. Game maintains 60 almost all the time with the exception of a few drops occasionally, notably when lots of effects splash all over the visor (still a CPU thing there though, if anything). Oh and using Dolphin 3.5-124 right now, though the previous screens I've posted have been from various recent builds, I check and update every so often.

Thank you very much, appreciate your inputs.

Kinyou

That dude is trippin so hard the walls behind him are melting with his mind.
That's actually supposed to be the texture of the glass from the flashlight that is shining on him and not a graphic bug.

...at least I hope so.

Spazznid

These ones are kind of dark. No more tonight, since I apparently didn't have screenshots going while recording video....

iSpWadGhBbrNj.png

i7vpuuJAHHYH9.png

Took these while looking for locations for my Scenery-Centric Video, If Vanu Had a Heart.

I use a new and amazing technique in the screenshots and the video to get shots without the gun and not having to rely on the limited FOV of a scope.

I will be using this technique for a lot of my future shots.

spoiler Bound 3 & 4 to a key and when I press it, they repeat until I press it again. It constantly switches between my 3rd and 4th weapon (Engineer, so Repair and C4/Ammo) which results in nothing being equiped. I suppose you could also manually press 3 and 4 and 3 and 4 while trying to screenshot or record, but meh. (Also using mouse-wheel to switch between 3rd and 4th weapon as Engi works) spoiler

MrBig

spoiler Bound 3 & 4 to a key and when I press it, they repeat until I press it again. It constantly switches between my 3rd and 4th weapon (Engineer, so Repair and C4/Ammo) which results in nothing being equiped. I suppose you could also manually press 3 and 4 and 3 and 4 while trying to screenshot or record, but meh. (Also using mouse-wheel to switch between 3rd and 4th weapon as Engi works) spoiler

There's an easy glitch to hide the weapon from view, just knife while entering a vehicle like a flash. It'll take a few attempts to get the timing down at first, but it's a much better solution. T Ray commented that real movie recording options will be coming in the future.

Spazznid

There's an easy glitch to hide the weapon from view, just knife while entering a vehicle like a flash. It'll take a few attempts to get the timing down at first, but it's a much better solution. T Ray commented that real movie recording options will be coming in the future.

I've tried that to no avail so far, so this solution is for me at least. I'll continue trying, but I can't wait for those options.

scitek

I have the 2.0 version of the camera hack for this game, but the HUD won't go away when I press 7. Everything else works, though, so I know it's installed right. Did the latest patch break it?

Anyway, this game's ass.

nfs132013-01-0303-05-mnjru.png

nfs132013-01-0302-43-qtkho.png

xNAPx

Banned
lol.

Someone other than me with CM12!!!

Also I'm too late to say "Queue the repeated outcries of people who dislike things and want you to know it.

I myself don't like the SweetFX except in those darker shots. It looks like it adds an awful lot of noise...

Apart for Alyx Model, Everything in Cinematic Mod is AWESOME i really don't know why people dislike it, it's just how half life should look today with all that power we have on our PCs, super HD texture, real time reflection, bloom, hdr, super anti-aliased etc. JUST AWESOME

iNvid02

finally solved the black screenshot issue with sleeping dogs by changing sli rendering mode from nvidia recommended to alternate frame 2. can finally take some shots of this gorgeous game.

hkship2013010309550814to5r.png

hkship201301031013158muopg.png

Sethos

Banned
But seriously the game is all about multiplayer really. If you can Get in a full game it's really fun. The single player is pretty lackluster

MP is pretty lacklustre too.

Such a boring game overall and Criterion can't optimize a game for shit.

Late to the party again, but I have a couple Dark Souls shots (downsampled from 3840x2160, solid 30 FPS, with a bit of SweetFX)

Screenshot50007.jpg

Screenshot222670.jpg

Spazznid

Apart for Alyx Model, Everything in Cinematic Mod is AWESOME i really don't know why people dislike it, it's just how half life should look today with all that power we have on our PCs, super HD texture, real time reflection, bloom, hdr, super anti-aliased etc. JUST AWESOME

I disagree. His artstyle is so completely different than the original content. It's great, but not Half-Life in the slightest. I like to do monthly playthroughs of both, though. Keeps things a bit fresh.

He has managed to make a decent way to stress my computer, though. And I love the parallaxed rocks.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Some sexy non-combat ui shots.

Main Diplomacy screen and galaxy view.

endlessspace2013-01-0oqrrb.png

endlessspace2013-01-0gxrqf.png

What are your PC specs?

Looks great though.
Running it with a stable framerate?

2500k @ 4.4 and a 670 @ 1300/3500. Runs at 60fps except occasionally the very start of a race with the countdown timer will be ~50. D3D9, window size res, and 9xSSAA

Random musing: Rebel Strike, if it could boot on Dolphin and work well, would probably look as good/better than some current gen games, especially considering how much of an improvement it was even over Rogue Leader -_-

RooMHM

WHat? No cmon... HL2 has some of the best texture work ever produced and its unique atmosphere is fully dependent on those. You can't change things and say it's better.

epmode

Trolling confirmed.

You've got the aspect ratio great now! Now just from personal opinion, there's are probably some tweaks I would do.

It looks like even though you're using PNG's, the files look compressed. Are you sure the website you're using isn't compressing the files? I like to use Minus to make sure my pictures show up online exactly as I took them with no compression.

Assuming your computer can handle it, I would make sure that the emulator is rendering the game at the same resolution as your monitor. What I'm thinking is compression might just be that your rendering the game under 1080p but taking screenshots at that resolution, which would make everything look a little messy. If you are rendering at your native resolution, and you think your computer can handle it, try using some Anti-aliasing! It'll make the game look much smoother and more natural.

Lastly, the colors seem a little off. Especially in "Command" on the bar on the left. Perhaps mess around with the settings in SweetFx that you're using and tone them down a bit?

Those are just some things I thought while checking out the shot, I hope it helps.

Okay I'm rendering PCSX2 at 3X native resolution. Any higher and the game will slow down a little in some parts. I also used postimage.com to upload the pictures and I took the screenshots with the prntscrn button. My PC resolution is at 1920x1080.

As for the colors I think they look good to me. I've toned it just a tad bit down from Vibrance at 0.60 to 0.50.

The anti aliasing doesn't really do anything in PCSX2 besides produce some graphics issue. I think I've got the game looking perfect now.

Spazznid

You play through Half-Life 2 twice a month?

I mean, I love the game, a lot. but....

HL2 and it's modding community is what got me into real PC gaming in the first place. (Technically CS 1.6, but not as a main gaming platform).

I used to be borderline addicted, dude. Knew all of Breen's speeches by heart. (Still know a few) And my family hates when I play because before each load screen I say, "Loading".

I love Half-Life 2 and It's one of the few games where I don't grimace at anything whenever I go back. Everything about the game is pure gold (Even if the vehicle sections can drag on if you don't come up with stupid stuff to do on your way...)

When HL3 is announced, I swear I'll watch the trailer at least 3 times a day to keep from going nuts.

Anyways, Enough about me. Let's do Planetside 2!
These shots aren't downsampledd, so meh.

iiXgsE9d4UhNS.png

iblrCNaDUEWdqO.png

Tzeentch

Trolling confirmed.
Truth. CM is like a compilation of everything wrong with 'modding' these days. From horrifically large textures that just get mipped to oblivion anyways, same terribly low-poly models, egregious use of (almost always badly done) photosourcing, and a disregard for the strengths and limitations of the engine.

Top Bottom