• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven Software Developing MW Remastered + Crash/Backlot/Crossfire Confirmed For MP

+ Special editions revealed (couldn't fit it all in the title).

Source: http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/02/...astered-crashbacklotcrossfire-maps-confirmed/

"Activision has announced that Raven Software is the studio that is developing the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered. Raven Software studio has worked on Call of Duty since Call of Duty: Black Ops; they collaborated with Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Most recently, they are working on Call of Duty Online for China.

“The original Modern Warfare raised the bar on video games and forever will be remembered as one of the best. It’s an honor to be developing the remaster and we are committed to faithfully remastering this classic for Call of Duty fans,” stated Brian Raffel, studio head of Raven Software.

Activision has also revealed three out of the 10 multiplayer maps that will be available in the MW Remastered’s MP mode: fan favorites Crash, Backlot, and Crossfire are confirmed to be returning.

Also some info on the visuals from the press release:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic campaign as they’re transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including “All Ghillied Up,” “Charlie Don’t Surf,” and “Crew Expendable.” Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in 10 fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as “Crash,” “Backlot” and “Crossfire.”

Activision has announced new editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, which will include the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered. There are the Legacy and Digital Legacy Edition, the Digital Deluxe Edition, and the Legacy Pro Edition.

• Legacy Edition and Digital Legacy Edition – Includes both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, SRP $79.99.
  • Digital Deluxe Edition – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Season Pass, SRP $99.99.
  • Legacy Pro Edition – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass, collectible Steelbook, official game soundtrack and additional digital items, SRP $119.99.

Some screenshots of the remaster

CODMW-Remastered_Crew-Expendable_1_WM.jpg

CODMW-Remastered_Crew-Expendable_3_WM.jpg

CODMW_Remastered_War_Pig_WM.0.jpg

CODMW_Remastered_Crew_Expendable_2_WM.0.jpg

UI4sjQs.png

Bp5w5jX.jpg

E.B.E

Banned
Yes, but this is all irrelevant until they tell us if it will be available standalone and on disc.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's not High Voltage or any shit company like that, I can deal with it

Fully expecting to be Legacy Collection exclusive till Jan 2017. I'm not buying Infinite so Im hoping for sooner

Yes, but this is all irrelevant until they tell us if it will be available standalone and on disc.

Well it's not all irrelevant since the world doesn't revolve around your purchasing decision and people will buy it with the game and secondly, the game is only available with the legacy edition for $80 (so essentially, for +$20).

Don't be surprised though if you see a standalone in after a year...so you'll probably be waiting a while.

DarkTom

I hope they include "Shipment", we had so much fun on it with some friends back then. "Crash" was great so that's one point.

Varg

Banned
Modern warfare 3 ? Ghosts? Free to play cod? Not an amazing track record for these guys. Hope they don't screw it up.

Warxard

Banned
Modern warfare 3 ? Ghosts? Free to play cod? Not an amazing track record for these guys. Hope they don't screw it up.

Raven Software is responsible for some of the best shooters and action games of last gem before they were absorbed into the CoD machine.

I have more fucking faith in Raven than Infinity Ward.

Wow, so edgy.

Nah mate, what's so edgy is you acting this is all irrelevant until they cater to your needs for a standalone. Not saying we don't want that, but this is all they have announced for now, and you'll be waiting a VERY long time for that standalone.

E.B.E

Banned
Well it's not all irrelevant since the world doesn't revolve around your purchasing decision and people will buy it with the game and secondly, the game is only available with the legacy edition for $80 (so essentially, for +$20).

Don't be surprised though if you see a standalone in after a year...so you'll probably be waiting a while.

lol

Awesome. I have far more interest in this than the other game. Sick of jet packs and shit. I like the way the games used to play far more than what they're doing with it now.

DocSeuss

I love Raven, and it sucks they're not allowed to do their own stuff these days, but I am excited to try the Modern Warfare remaster.

Wow, so edgy.

All I'm seeing here is "developers have to do what I want! waaah, people don't like it when I say that!" Are you five? This isn't reddit.

Neversoft and Gnü-Infinity Ward(Post West and Zamp. departure) handled most of MW3. Raven only helped with DLC and UI.

Did Neversoft make THPS5?

Radec

If I'm Kotick, I'll announce the MW:R to be sold separately after a month of release of CoD:IW. Also for $40.

$$$$

Accoun

Weren't they supposed to be responsible for the better parts of those games? At least I think I remember reading somewhere that someone from the studio said that the fan response to their parts of COD was very positive.

That being said, give them a non-COD game to make, goddammit Activision.

E.B.E

Banned
Nah mate, what's so edgy is you acting this is all irrelevant until they cater to your needs for a standalone. Not saying we don't want that, but this is all they have announced for now, and you'll be waiting a VERY long time for that standalone.

Cater to my needs? Listen to yourself. The masses are out there gnashing their teeth over the fact that the remaster is being held to ransom to entice preorders for IW. It's people like you who support this underhandedness that are the cancer of gaming.

Free the shipment

With the prime discount it'll be like $60-$70 after taxes
Not bad for two games

I bet it'll be a download code for MW remaster too

Do you guys remember when raven made amazing original games and not Call of Duty DLC?

Those were the days

Oh you'd better believe jim-jam remembers.

That said, I'd probably give this a crack as standalone purchase because the source material is great and Raven are also great.

DocSeuss

Cater to my needs? Listen to yourself. The masses are out there gnashing their teeth over the fact that the remaster is being held to ransom to entice preorders for IW. It's people like you who support this underhandedness that are the cancer of gaming.

I'm sure there will be a standalone to cater to everyone who feels the need to moan and whine about how edgy they are for not liking 'new' CoD and how the only good one was Call of Duty 4.

KJRS_1993

If I had to guess, seeing as what you get in the Infinite Warfare Prestige edition is a download code, I'd imagine it'd be avaliable on digital only. I bet they'd release it on digital marketplaces standalone for a ridiculous price as well (£35?).

It's similar to what Activision did with the Taken King as well anyway.

It's people like you who support this underhandedness that are the cancer of gaming.

People who say crap like this deserve to be mocked and called names. "The cancer of gaming". Wtf man.

Bunch of shills and SJWs on here anyway. Couldn't give a shit.

Evidently already do get mocked and called names. Appropriate, but also a little sad.

Ooft! Think the phrase wind your neck in springs to mind before you continue embarrassing yourself here.

You have to be a mug to buy a £80/£100 version of a game for a remaster of a 10 year old game.

Guess what? I'm a fucking mug.

MW2 next year as well please sirs.

Varg

Banned
Free the shipment

With the prime discount it'll be like $60-$70 after taxes
Not bad for two games

I bet it'll be a download code for MW remaster too

Hoping for a seperated download code myself. I will try out infinite warfare to give it a chance but I'm not to keen on this future stuff( advanced warfare being the worst cod I've ever played and getting burnt out on blops 3 within two weeks). If I don't like it I hope I can sell it or trade it in while keeping the remaster.

Warxard

Banned

"No /true/ gamer."

I'm pretty sure the same masses who want another CoD game every year are going to pick this up regardless of how it's being distributed. I mean, you're still only speaking for yourself at this point. This is the biggest gaming franchise of recent time, remember.
Bunch of shills and SJWs on here anyway. Couldn't give a shit.

Yeah I post on /v/ too

Top Bottom