• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus
- Final Day

Mississauga, TheNix's via Go Bus, 2pm-10:30pm, March 25th, HOUSECRAFT:

Going:
TheNiX
Picon_small.png

Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

90% Going:
scogoth
Picon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

50% Going:
mcrae
Zicon_small.png

Not Going:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Internet is fast again :eek:

Maybe I can finally stream in higher quality guys :-0

Dunno if Ill be on for gaf night or be on for long. In the process of un-boxing everything now...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Zzoram

The battle lines have been drawn.

IGN has partnered with GOM.
Now Sundance has strongly hinted that MLG has partnered with OGN.

Can the Starcraft 2 esports scene support both pairs financially?

cdyhybrid

I don't get ZvP. They always FFE, but I want to go 2 base Muta, so I stay on 2 Base Muta, so he builds 3 cannons at each mineral line so I can't harass, so I take my third and fourth, but he takes his third and I can't do anything, then he just maxes and pushes and I lose.

I know the standard is fast three bases into Roaches, but I ALWAYS lose whenever I try this. It is completely unintuitive to me when I should stop making Roaches if I do this. I feel like I have to constantly max on Roach to stay alive and do enough damage to get ahead, especially if he makes Immortals.

Zzoram

I don't get ZvP. They always FFE, but I want to go 2 base Muta, so I stay on 2 Base Muta, so he builds 3 cannons at each mineral line so I can't harass, so I take my third and fourth, but he takes his third and I can't do anything, then he just maxes and pushes and I lose.

I know the standard is fast three bases into Roaches, but I ALWAYS lose whenever I try this. It is completely unintuitive to me when I should stop making Roaches if I do this. I feel like I have to constantly max on Roach to stay alive and do enough damage to get ahead, especially if he makes Immortals.

It's not just Roaches, you have to have a mixture of Roach/Ling. The zerglings distract Stalker fire and can be used to prevent the Protoss from retreating. The ideal scenario is to have the zerglings roaming outside your base, waiting to flank when the Protoss engages your roaches.

Don't take the gases on your 3rd immediately, you only need 3-4 gases to make roach/ling. Are you making sure to get +1 ground armor? Once you stop the Protoss push he will try to take a 3rd. Annoy it a bit with zerglings while taking a 4th AND 5th and teching to Broodlords.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, this is HUGE. Why would he waste his potential and skill like that?

cdyhybrid

FUCK.

THIS.

GAME.

ZvP is the stupidest fucking matchup. Jesus Christ.

Fast 3 bases vs. FFE, saturate them all, he does a 2 base Blink stalker timing, smash it with Ling Roach, get 7ish Infestors out, take a fourth at the gold, tech to hive/greater spire, he pushes again with templar before I can saturate my fourth, and I die. Off two base. Seriously, I cannot beat Protoss.

Snowman

FUCK.

THIS.

GAME.

Fast 3 bases vs. FFE, saturate them all, he does a 2 base Blink stalker timing, smash it with Ling Roach, get 7ish Infestors out, take a fourth at the gold, tech to hive/greater spire, he pushes again with templar before I can saturate my fourth, and I die. Off two base. Seriously, I cannot beat Protoss.

Replay? I think maybe you're focusing too much on droning up when you don't need to

Corran Horn

FUCK.

THIS.

GAME.

There is only one true reaction to this

iElPMEpzNTiUx.gif

Yoshichan

Replay please!

Zzoram

FUCK.

THIS.

GAME.

I'm surprised you're losing. I never beat a 4 base zerg with 2 bases. It shouldn't take you that long to saturate a 4th. Are you fighting on ramps? That's a bad idea against AOE. Fight in the open and win.

Yoshichan

Where's that gif from originally? Youtube link please :3?

cdyhybrid

I'm surprised you're losing. I never beat a 4 base zerg with 2 bases. It shouldn't take you that long to saturate a 4th. Are you fighting on ramps? That's a bad idea against AOE. Fight in the open and win.

I do fight in the open. Doesn't matter, Blink Stalkers and storms are just too good against Roaches. Fungal doesn't do shit unless you have 10000000000 Lings.

Replay please!

It's not going to help. I've posted replays before and I'd do alright for my MMR at that time, then I'll go on a mini winstreak and my winrate goes back to 0 when I face better players. It's like there's no way for me to actually get better at understanding the matchup unless I can see exactly what he's doing at all times.

Zzoram

I do fight in the open. Doesn't matter, Blink Stalkers and storms are just too good against Roaches. Fungal doesn't do shit unless you have 10000000000 Lings.

Broodlords. Get to them. You should be able to safely if he's on 2 base. Use spine crawlers to back up your army for defense until Broodlords are out.

Zzoram

Moletrap and Torch are casting LoL Proleague for OGN.
iNcontroL is a temporary replacement for Moletrap at GOM.

I sense trouble brewing. OGN is looking to poach GOM's casters, probably to prepare for the inevitable SC2 Proleague. Imagine the shitstorm that would occur if OGN poached Tastetosis.

cdyhybrid

Broodlords. Get to them. You should be able to safely if he's on 2 base. Use spine crawlers to back up your army for defense until Broodlords are out.

His second attack hit right when my Greater Spire finished. No time for Broods. I could have done Spines but I wasn't making any extra drones until I could saturate my gold, but his army was there before I could even do that.

Protoss 6/7 games so far, only ones I've beaten were: an instaleave, and a guy who pushed off 4 Gates from FFE, which I smashed, and then he...died when I pushed back.

Zzoram

His second attack hit right when my Greater Spire finished. No time for Broods. I could have done Spines but I wasn't making any extra drones until I could saturate my gold, but his army was there before I could even do that.

Protoss 6/7 games so far, only ones I've beaten were: an instaleave, and a guy who pushed off 4 Gates from FFE, which I smashed, and then he...died when I pushed back.

What are your map vetoes?

You should veto Shakuras Plateau, Tal'Darim Altar, and Shattered Temple.

Yoshichan

Vaporak

I sense trouble brewing. OGN is looking to poach GOM's casters, probably to prepare for the inevitable SC2 Proleague. Imagine the shitstorm that would occur if OGN poached Tastetosis.

Code A is losing Moletrap and gaining iNcontrol? I'm okay with this, might actually watch more code A.

Yoshichan

Antiga is the only map I like nowadays :(

Yoshichan

I truly need some form of guide for Cloud Kingdom... cuz I insta-vetoed it when I saw its layout. Ugh.

Snowman

It's not going to help. I've posted replays before and I'd do alright for my MMR at that time, then I'll go on a mini winstreak and my winrate goes back to 0 when I face better players. It's like there's no way for me to actually get better at understanding the matchup unless I can see exactly what he's doing at all times.

Do you not think it might help a little bit if we can tell you some of the things you're doing wrong so you can work on improving? And that's just kind of how it goes, you go on win streaks, then you lose to better players, as long as you keep playing and keep having those little win streaks you should just keep getting better and better.

Corran Horn

So he left GOM or he still there while working on LoL on the side?

Yoshichan

Replays Replays Replays Replays Replays Replays

Zzoram

So he left GOM or he still there while working on LoL on the side?

He didn't say he left GOM, but I doubt he would be working at two competing companies at the same time. Especially since we know OGN is preparing an SC2 Proleague and will need English casters for it.

Yoshichan

That picture makes me cringe :( ♥ Flash, hope it doesn't hurt...

Zzoram

I hope he wins OSL 2012 since it's probably the last one ever, and that all of Broodwar switches to SC2 soon afterwards.

It's clear Broodwar isn't viable financially anymore. Team 8 has no sponsors and OSL won't either, which is why it's been so delayed and why they're only doing one this year. They can't possibly keep this up.

I want to see what God can do with SC2.

cdyhybrid

Do you not think it might help a little bit if we can tell you some of the things you're doing wrong so you can work on improving? And that's just kind of how it goes, you go on win streaks, then you lose to better players, as long as you keep playing and keep having those little win streaks you should just keep getting better and better.

The problem is that I can pick out things I did wrong in specific games, but it can be something different in every game. There is no common thread for why I'm losing, other than I don't understand what I should do at a certain point in every single game. So I can look at a certain game, see what I did wrong, and work on that, but then I lose the next game because of something completely different.

It's not like I'm losing every game because I'm getting supply blocked, or because I'm not making enough Drones. I just don't know when I'm supposed to do what I should be doing. If I tech, I get pushed and die. If I make more army, he turtles and expands, and now I'm maxed on low tech units. Back and forth. I try and do the same build every game, but I die at a different point in the build every time. It feels like unless I constantly attack him from the time I start pumping units (9:00 or so), I will get pushed at the perfect time for him, while I'm teching or saturating a new base or something, and I'll die.

Maybe it's upgrades? Are you AT LEAST at 2/2 by the time you die? How is your creep spread?

I was 2-0 melee. Didn't add a second evo because I needed the gas for Roaches/Roach speed/Infestors/Hive/Spire/Greater Spire.

Zzoram

I was 2-0 melee. Didn't add a second evo because I needed the gas for Roaches/Roach speed/Infestors/Hive/Spire/Greater Spire.

That explains your losses entirely. You're going roach without upgrades against what is likely 2-2 or 3-3 Protoss. Also, you have no armor upgrades?! That's what you're supposed to prioritize against Protoss. Make 1 less Infestor and get +1 armor.

Top Bottom