• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT2| You're thinking how much you want to **** this game aren't you?

I finally started playing this last night and the intro sequence was incredible!
Perspective shifts on foot or in the Gundam ship were blowing my mind.

Really refreshing game so far (feels like a mad indie AAA experiment no publisher would ever approve).
Decided to pause after beating the spat out Android guy in the desert.

I'm kinda saddened I've been spoiled a little that there are different routes after beating the game the first time.

I've already figured I'll control 9S to help out 2B with the opening factory fight so that route will not be a surprise which kinda sucks.

Hopefully the game has more tricks up it's sleeve for me.

LotusHD

Banned
OléGunner;249405348 said:
Hopefully the game has more tricks up it's sleeve for me.

giphy.webp

MBison

Ok I'm on my second playthrough some comments

im kinda annoyed that fast travel isn't unlocked at the start of a second playthrough? Annoying

Also what's up with side quests. They all disappeared and some are repeating? Or are those I didn't complete the first time? I'm kind of just focusing on the main missions. I figured activated side quests would have stayed open but they're all gone.

LotusHD

Banned
Ok I'm on my second playthrough some comments

im kinda annoyed that fast travel isn't unlocked at the start of a second playthrough? Annoying

Also what's up with side quests. They all disappeared and some are repeating? Or are those I didn't complete the first time? I'm kind of just focusing on the main missions. I figured activated side quests would have stayed open but they're all gone.

Why would it be, you're essentially doing the first playthrough again (Btw, yes, there are differences in Route B, in case you're wondering), only from a different perspective after all :p

As for side quests, they've reset, only the ones you've completed won't come back.
Anything you didn't complete and left open, you have to redo them. That said, not every sidequest in Route A will be present in Route B and onwards, like the Operator 6O sidequests for example. That said, do not fret, as no sidequest is permanently missable.

Also, here's a recommended list of sidequests, because why not:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235924498&postcount=18814

LotusHD

Banned
OléGunner;249406065 said:
Haha I remember this "Arthur" fist scene.
I guess you mean I am talking out my arse and there are a heck lot more surprises down the line? :D

I guess it is mostly seen as an Arthur meme, I was hoping to convey that I'm excited for you to see the game's "tricks up its sleeve". Sorry you got spoiled, but yea, it's basically something you kinda have to tell people, because when it comes to the whole multiple routes things, some people are very dense and won't finish the game unless it's been made explicitly clear that they're not done lol

So people more or less don't consider that a spoiler.

MBison

Why would it be, you're essentially doing the first playthrough again (Btw, yes, there are differences in Route B, in case you're wondering), only from a different perspective after all :p

As for side quests, they've reset, only the ones you've completed won't come back.
Anything you didn't complete and left open, you have to redo them. That said, not every sidequest in Route A will be present in Route B and onwards, like the Operator 6O sidequests for example. That said, do not fret, as no sidequest is permanently missable.

Also, here's a recommended list of sidequests, because why not:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235924498&postcount=18814

It's still stupid fast travel isn't unlocked. Your argument doesn't hold because why am I level 35. I should be level 1.

I guess it is mostly seen as an Arthur meme, I was hoping to convey that I'm excited for you to see the game's "tricks up its sleeve". Sorry you got spoiled, but yea, it's basically something you kinda have to tell people, because when it comes to the whole multiple routes things, some people are very dense and won't finish the game unless it's been made explicitly clear that they're not done lol

So people more or less don't consider that a spoiler.

Ahh fair enough, I getchu.
I'm probably being too melodramatic about the spoilers tbf.

But yeah it's nice to know there's a whole lot more surprises even with my knowledge about the routes and how one in particular goes.

I'm excited to get back to it tonight.

Nier arthur meme is still the best meme.

This game so far feels like it could be a meme factory lol
In a good way.

Avallon

Hey guys. I'm cleaning up the final trophies and I'm up to the part where you have to upgrade every weapon to level 4. What's the fastest way, via chapter select, to get Pascal to open up his shop again?

Thanks!

Hektor

Hey guys. I'm cleaning up the final trophies and I'm up to the part where you have to upgrade every weapon to level 4. What's the fastest way, via chapter select, to get Pascal to open up his shop again?

Thanks!

You don't know about that feature, huh?

You can literally buy trophies in the resistance camp

However, if you really want to do it this way, you can try going to the part where
you made the decision about his fate and delete his memories. I think he should open his shop not shortly after.

Avallon

You don't know about that feature, huh?

You can literally buy trophies in the resistance camp

However, if you really want to do it this way, you can try going to the part where
you made the decision about his fate and delete his memories. I think he should open his shop not shortly after.

I am aware of that feature, but I enjoyed the game enough to decide to do everything legit.

I am aware of that feature, but I enjoyed the game enough to decide to do everything legit.
I did the same. I wasnt done with the game so I just kept going.

Its been a while though and I had the same issue you did with that shop. Unfortunately I cant remember the solution i used, however I'm pretty sure I had to select the nearest checkpoint to the decision, which included redoing that goliath fight.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos

Also the PS4 shows a screenshot of the moment you got it, so people will know if you got it that way.

Screenshots for What Are You Doing are pretty funny.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
BTW if anyone wants a sweet wallpaper for their dual monitors (or single monitor, I'm not judging >_> <_<) someone on reddit combined the OST cover art with the upcoming unreleased tracks cover art.

Hektor

BTW if anyone wants a sweet wallpaper for their dual monitors (or single monitor, I'm not judging >_> <_<) someone on reddit combined the OST cover art with the upcoming unreleased tracks cover art.

I didn't realized they fit together like this.

Nice attention to detail.

juicyb

Thank you both! Surprised at how little I have left considering the length of Routes A and B. Happy I understand the thread reference now too. A little past that part atm

condigy

Got the game last week, started on hard but kept getting wrecked at the start.After that tried normal, went through all of the scenarios.
Restarted the chapter where you choose between Nines and A2.Chose the former, did the credits thingy and stupidely opted for the option to delete all data...Back to square one with finishing all quests,weapons and lunar tears in order to get all trophies.

Superb game nonetheless

Antiwhippy

Got my Concert Blu ray in. It actually comes with a script booklet! Untranslated of course.

Quality of the casing is top notch though. It kinda has a glitter effect?

Script readings aren't translated though.

F.

Ah well, the whole script was already translated online anyway if I ever wanted to follow along.

juicyb

Goddamn some of the checkpointing in this game is incredibly frustrating. Started Route C and fought a bunch of shit, died to a boss and now I'm back to where I last saved 20 minutes ago instead of at the beginning of the fight. Bleh

Edit: Definitely would have beaten this game by now if the checkpointing wasn't so erratic. Still pushing onward but taking breaks in-between.

Shit update for today:

Why is it tht every three minutes this game removes the gameplay? I'm now infected with a virus and it wants me to go across the entire map to the commercial facility (somebody please tell me what the fuck that is and the quicket route please) but every few seconds the virus hurts me and I can't run or jump or dodge so I get locked in a fucking hit stun cycle so I can't even move?

The gameplay is just soooooo poorly designed, it's unfathomable.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Shit update for today:

Why is it tht every three minutes this game removes the gameplay? I'm now infected with a virus and it wants me to go across the entire map to the commercial facility (somebody please tell me what the fuck that is and the quicket route please) but every few seconds the virus hurts me and I can't run or jump or dodge so I get locked in a fucking hit stun cycle so I can't even move?

If I'm not mistaken the sequence you describe is a one-time only thing where the progress of the virus infection is in fact scripted. So even if you travel always taking the best and most direct route to your destination, the virus will simply match your speed because its there for dramatic effect.

Antiwhippy

Shit update for today:

Because it's not a game that's constantly trying to fellate you to feed your power fantasy.

I know it's crazy but there are games that tries to do something more with their gameplay than that.

There's a reason why that hastens in that sequence.

Soar

Because it's not a game that's constantly trying to fellate you to feed your power fantasy.

I know it's crazy but there are games that tries to do something more with their gameplay than that.

There's a reason why that hastens in that sequence.

Is it even worth responding to if he judges the gameplay based on a set piece integral to the story?

There's asking for help/discussion and there's just bitching for the sake of it.

LotusHD

Banned
Shit update for today:

I dunno why you keep torturing yourself lol

Antiwhippy

Is it even worth responding to if he judges the gameplay based on a set piece integral to the story?

There's asking for help/discussion and there's just bitching for the sake of it.

Because it's fun to respond to poorly thought out arguments.

Just beat route E. Wow. Of all the stuff in the game, that last section was one of the most interesting things for me.
All of those players who helped me...did they also make the choice to delete their save and send their will out into the world? I really like the idea of doing that. Will I also show up in the future as a random cursor ship to help someone who can't survive all that bullet hell?

Hektor

Just beat route E. Wow. Of all the stuff in the game, that last section was one of the most interesting things for me.
All of those players who helped me...did they also make the choice to delete their save and send their will out into the world? I really like the idea of doing that. Will I also show up in the future as a random cursor ship to help someone who can't survive all that bullet hell?

Yes to both of your questions

dawid

So i'm new to this game and just learned the harsh reality of the death-system when i died two times on the third boss and lost all my good plug-ins.

What should be the strategy for not having that happening again? Should i unequip my best stuff before potential boss-areas? Dont really want to reload saves after beating a boss.

Baalzebup

So i'm new to this game and just learned the harsh reality of the death-system when i died two times on the third boss and lost all my good plug-ins.

What should be the strategy for not having that happening again? Should i unequip my best stuff before potential boss-areas? Dont really want to reload saves after beating a boss.
Well, for one, if you save just before a boss, you can always reload after each death. You can even save after you've died once if your previous save happens to be somewhat away. Just do so on a new slot instead of the previous one to keep a back-up and then keep reloading every time you fail to recover your chips.

Honestly, there is no reason to eat the result of losing your chips since you can just reload the result away anytime if you just keep your saves up to date.

Edit: Really, there is no "harsh reality" withing the death system. At the end of the day, it is exactly like any other save/load mechanism without autosaving, only with the additional chance of trying to recover your shit (and keep whatever drops you've acquired since saving) without reloading first added in as a secondary feature.

Square Enix is publishing a BD of the Nier concert that included the reading performances with English subtitles.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/458699/nier-music-concert-the-memories-of-puppets-blu-ray

65 bucks

The thing about this listing that trips me up is that it says that the disc is a Japanese import product. I've ordered the Japanese release that came out just this past week, will update as to whether it has English subtitles or not.

If it does, then it is arguably cheaper to import than preorder this particular listing,
even after factoring in shipping.

Hektor

The thing about this listing that trips me up is that it says that the disc is a Japanese import product. I've ordered the Japanese release that came out just this past week, will update as to whether it has English subtitles or not.

If it does, then it is arguably cheaper to import than preorder this particular listing,
even after factoring in shipping.

Yoko tweeted this earlier today

Yoko tweeted this earlier today

Hmm, interesting!, I wonder why the NA store says it's an import then. Just denoting that the product is coming from Japan?

If they're gonna get started on translating the live-read drama now for the newer discs, that does explain the months-long wait. I'll be keeping my import as a collector, plus it's a first-print edition with a script for the drama.

Top Bottom