• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

RS4-

Ok not going to bother with Puddle, far too time consuming.

Bayonetta takes too long as well; longest 4-6 hours, the constant scenes you can and can't skip and obnoxious boss fights. Ugh.

EGM92

Ok not going to bother with Puddle, far too time consuming.

Bayonetta takes too long as well; longest 4-6 hours, the constant scenes you can and can't skip and obnoxious boss fights. Ugh.

If its only 4-6hrs, then don't bother with ratchet, it took me 5hrs to get the trophy.

Cactus

Banned
Tales of Graces for me. I would have got Twisted Metal, but I took advantage of that iPod Nano trade-in deal at EB to fully pay that off last week.

I'm stumped on the 2nd daily today

481 units sold in Japan?

Haha, got it, had to enter it in differently than first thought

dirt and ps2

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So yeah, I have only got 2 codes after 30 mins trying...not worth my time I guess.

RS4-

If its only 4-6hrs, then don't bother with ratchet, it took me 5hrs to get the trophy.
Oh but this is 5 hours and up per playthough as the challenge is to get the legendary achievement.

So I'd say maybe a minimum of 15 hours for three go arounds as there are more harder enemies thrown your way on the higher difficulties instead of the usual "enemies just have more health" kind of thing.

Hell it took me 5ish hours on normal :(

Lothars

I decided to go with Twisted Metal since first run copies come with Twisted Metal Black and I've been a fan for a long time.

EGM92

Oh but this is 5 hours and up per playthough as the challenge is to get the legendary achievement.

So I'd say maybe a minimum of 15 hours for three go arounds as there are more harder enemies thrown your way on the higher difficulties instead of the usual "enemies just have more health" kind of thing.

Hell it took me 5ish hours on normal :(

Damn alright, I'm on Chapter 6 which is where I left off well over a year ago, I don't know what happened but I just tried to play it and my fingers locked up.

Giard

I thought you were kidding and then I checked that it is available for preorder! :p
Why is NHL 13 available for pre-order, but not Guild Wars 2 ._.

I messaged the AI about it, here's the response:

tsilon help said:
Noted + full agreement. Code valid through March 19th. Perhaps it shall be made available in time!
Who knows, it might help.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I typed
Dirt 3 and Playstation 2.
I'm surprised they don't have a "Family Feud"-esque system which recognizes multiple ways of a choice.
I don't really bother to type anything any more. I just scroll through this thread looking for the spoilered text with the answer then copy/paste.

EDIT: Yay, I got credited for the Triple Town achievement. I'm really glad I got it in time since I can see myself continuing to play it any way. I really like it.

SickBoy

I don't really bother to type anything any more. I just scroll through this thread looking for the spoilered text with the answer then copy/paste.

EDIT: Yay, I got credited for the Triple Town achievement. I'm really glad I got it in time since I can see myself continuing to play it any way. I really like it.

The deadline is what... tomorrow? No way I'm going to get it... I like the game, but I'm not sure I want to spend $4 to have it take over my life :) (and even if I did, I'm not sure I could hit the 300,000 or whatever it is that you need to get).

I might buy it later, but for now I've got too much other stuff on the go.

Spike

Just got back from the local Future Shop location, and I got the free Mario Kart 7 without any hassles. I know who is in charge of the video games section and saw him when I was walking in the door, asked and he said no problem and got it for me.

EGM92

Some of these questions I know I am getting them right, but it's telling me I got them wrong. A lot of the time it's ones where you have to type in the answer yourself.

For example, I'm doing the Final Fantasy set on Tier 1 and I get this question:

"He's not a thief, he's a treasure hunter!"

So I type
Locke
and I get it wrong.

Next question: Something about an imperial general who can absorb magic through her sword. I type
Celes
and I get it wrong again.

Maybe I wasn't supposed to use a capital letter? Or are they looking for the first and last name?

edit: So it accepted Fran and Wakka as good answers. Do they even have last names?

I had the exact same problems with the FF questions. A lot of BS in their system.

krae_man

Live meetup page has updated.

http://violetone.ca/

There's one Feb 18th at the 681 Robson St Future Shop in Vancouver.

You get that by playing the mario theme:

ke1BJ.png

I wonder if there are any other meetups if you can figure out what the other classic themes are.

krae_man

Okay I have no idea how to play this thing. The other two songs apparently give you XP. I'm pretty sure one of the other songs is Green Hill Zone but how the hell do you play it on this?

How hard is that Bayonetta challenge? Is it possible to finish it before the end date (19th) if I have not even started playing the game yet?

How hard is that Bayonetta challenge? Is it possible to finish it before the end date (19th) if I have not even started playing the game yet?

Depends how good you are at the game. Bayonetta isn't a long game or anything, but you will have to beat it 3 times (hard, normal, and infinity climax) to finish the challenge.

Baha

tsilonAI said:
201-250 complete. Many duplicates queued for distribution upon further verification.

Creating code request topic for those without

Looks like those who missed their chance last week better get ready soon.

EGM92

Got my code #246, now I just don't know what to buy. I have pretty much everything I want... and anything I didn't have would be below 60$ :( choices!

Can it be used towards hardware or accessories??

Depends how good you are at the game. Bayonetta isn't a long game or anything, but you will have to beat it 3 times (hard, normal, and infinity climax) to finish the challenge.

Well, I am going to go for it starting tonight.
I really hope I can finish it in time though, would suck if I miss it by a day. :p

LeetBM

Neo Member
Gave out the 10 free double passes to see Act of Valor in Toronto! Congrats to all the G-List winners:

1. Rubedizzle
2. RiskyGambit
3. CPYR
4. AngelCharon
5. onslaught
6. sugo_tom
7. adjrod
8. Crazy Joe
9. triscal
10. havenoreason

For those who missed out this time make sure to check the "Let's Be Friends" post in the community forum, I expect to be giving away free stuff all year long! :D

Enjoy the free movie!

EGM92

Gave out the 10 free double passes to see Act of Valor in Toronto! Congrats to all the G-List winners:

1. Rubedizzle
2. RiskyGambit
3. CPYR
4. AngelCharon
5. onslaught
6. sugo_tom
7. adjrod
8. Crazy Joe
9. triscal
10. havenoreason

For those who missed out this time make sure to check the "Let's Be Friends" post in the community forum, I expect to be giving away free stuff all year long! :D

Enjoy the free movie!

Just a quick question, who are you exactly? are you part of the site? how do you the Mister *'s?

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!

He says he is not working for anyone and has his own blog talking about video games deals and promotions in Canada. I am still unsure if he is with them or not, but thanks to him I received a free game.

The next live meetup is at a FutureShop and all the coupons are for their online store too. Seriously if Tsilon is not a FutureShop Project, I will be highly surprised.

EGM92

hmm only one daily today? odd!

I got the symphony of the night challenge done did that years ago on my PSP :D.

Is there any place to get world of goo cheap?

Top Bottom