• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Spoiler* Grand Theft Auto V map leaked *Spoiler*

Nymphae

Banned
Getting all of the collectables is going to be a huge pain in the ass. Not looking forward to collecting everything that's underwater...

hal9001

Banned
tc53357_U5yEdpF.gif

Oh no, it's ruined now.

sunnz

All that jungle reminds me of Just Cause 2. Hope its just as fun to explore.

Lol, JC2 was big but was also very empty.

Something that won't be a problem with V ( wildlife, random events, hidden stuff and the obvious R* quality)

I did how ever love the hidden
hot air balloon
though

Where's all the sand? Not enough sand!

First I was like

" WOW"

Then, "hmm, needs more desert" Hopefully it's bigger than it looks.

Danny 117

iv's city looks more dense than v's which looks smaller even though it's stretched out more.

Seems like a real difficult comparison to me. And I question the accuracy of both. Even if it is close to accurate, San Andreas looks like it has a lot more density and variety, could say the same for GTA IV also. Bunch of wildlife... great.

Think about crusing along the freeway in a car guys, will be blissful with all that land to cover. Tehe

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Where did the other parts of San Andreas go????

I'm fine with only one city I guess. But this messes with my brain.

All that countryside. That'll be amazing to fly, bike, climb and drive around in and over.

I literally can't wait for this game.

offshore

Loving all the countryside.

One of best things about San Andreas was cruising though the countryside listening to K-Rose.

SJRB

Gold Member
How do people still think it looks small?

Because "people" don't know what the fuck they're talking about. It is impossible to objectively judge this map's size without a reference like GTAIV's Liberty City.

JeTmAn81

How do people still think it looks small?

When I look at that map, the areas where there might be interesting things to do don't look all that plentiful. How are they going to make all that wilderness interesting to a bunch of people who have probably never been on a hike? Maybe there will be opportunities for multiplayer stuff there.

gosox333

Maps aren't spoilers. Especially not when there aren't any surprises, everything here is 100% exactly what was expected.

Anyways, should be fun. My favorite part of SA was roaming the countryside in my Sanchez dirtbike listening to the country music. I can't wait to try and recreate that experience here.

Derrick01

Banned
You guys complaining about the size realize it's supposedly about 3 times the size San Andreas was in square miles, right?

When I look at that map, the areas where there might be interesting things to do don't look all that plentiful. How are they going to make all that wilderness interesting to a bunch of people who have probably never been on a hike? Maybe there will be opportunities for multiplayer stuff there.

Or they can possibly build on top of all that empty real estate with updates for GTA Online. Who knows.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
True sequel to RDR confirmed :) Here's hoping there's still plenty of hookers to run over in the wilderness...
Why would they be roaming around the wilderness :lol?

Omni

It doesn't look that big to me. We'll see in game, I guess.

(maybe it's just because it's a single large island, whereas we usually have 3)

Zwei

too much countryside and not enough urban area. Rockstar has goofed on this one. They will see a similar backlash like what they've seen with GTA IV

todd44890

Banned
This is my last current gen game and what a way to say goodbye. This game is going to be epic and I fully expect it to make me completely forget about next gen for awhile.

GQman2121

Banned
3 airports is nice. Racing is going to be fantastic with all that space. Sorry DriveClub and The Crew, you've already lost.

Uh, how so? The city itself is as big as most open world games' worlds.
People keep saying it, but I don't see it. I see one city and a bunch of speed tree. It might be big on a technical point of view but it might also be empty and uninteresting. I've played Fuel. Making it so it takes 90 minutes to drive from one end of the map to the other isn't impressive to me if all there is to do in between urban areas is laugh at some billboards and listen to the radio. I'm not the only one, either.
Holy jesus if that's accurate.
All you have to look at is the airport width/length to see it probably isn't.

Top Bottom