• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

hm okay changing my favorite part to

"I sank their battleship... and their whales."

inb4 posting your favorite part is reserved for youtube comments.

can't wait for the next season.

Enkidu

jvalioli said:
They actually did some movies too. For some reason they aren't on their youtube page though.
Those are not on their site because they are not actually made by TFS. It's a smaller team abridging the movies and most of them were made before TFS was formed. The biggest difference is probably that KaiserNeko isn't editing which often gives them a bit of a rougher feel.

Owensboro

Holy black on a Popo, the finale was spectacular. Well, not really the whole thing, but thank you lord for Ghost Nappa. I honestly can't wait for the Ginyu Force, specifically the fat one that holds his breath to slow down time.

I am constantly amazed by the quality of this abridged series, especially after looking at all the other abridged garbage on youtube. For all rights and purposes, it almost has no right to be that funny. But it is, oh god it is.

I eagerly away season 2.

so uh.. anyone else here going to insist on using Nappa... and only Nappa.. every time they play a budokai game from now on? the awesome part is that I'll totally win. I know you might not believe me, but in budokai 2-3, I am seriously better than anyone else out there. That puts me in a pretty small pool, to be sure, but I'm totally the biggest fish in it. yeeah.

typhonsentra said:
I wonder how much it hurts your throat to do that Nappa voice over an extended period.

Not even, I can do abridged Nappas voice perfectly (dunno about the series) doesn't hurt or bother at all. Its the way you do it.

Snaku

Banned
Looks like Toei is on the warpath on youtube. If you have uploaded anything Dragon Ball related, don't be surprised if your account is suspended soon.

lunarworks said:
Not at all unexpected.

Let's hope this isn't the end.

I dunno why it would be. There are other avenues of distribution.

Stage On

Man this blows, where you the episodes be found at now that their youtube account is down the drain.

God why did Toie have to go after this? If they where smart they'd buy the rights for the series and sell it since it's that damn good.

Enkidu

This really do suck, they did gather quite a big following though so I'm sure they'll be able to simply move to another site. But still, shame on you TOEI.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Stage On said:
Man this blows, where you the episodes be found at now that their youtube account is down the drain.

God why did Toie have to go after this? If they where smart they'd buy the rights for the series and sell it since it's that damn good.
Vids will bound to be re-uploaded now by people who saved them, if not torrented.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't understand how this could be any worse than something like RedvsBlue, why would youtube take their stuff down?

jmdajr said:
man... I need to watch all of these
Do it.

I recently had a friend introduce me to this. So awesome. I think my favorite quote is, "Oh my god! He blew up the cargo robot... and the cargo was people!" from episode 8, as well as pretty much everything Nappa says.

I need season two so badly. :(

Oh my god, just watched the first episode:

"You're here for the Dragon Balls aren't you?"
"Umm the Dragon's what?"

Will be watching the rest as I type this

batbeg

Ugh, will have to try it another time, it's barely working for me right now. The first minute is pretty good thus far though!

Kyosuke

"Mr Popo, I need your carpet to get to my friends as quickly as possible!"
"Making toast!"
"Aww, fine."

"Oh, wow, your name opens the ship?"
"No, it just knows better."

"This is wonderful Mr. Popo, we can finally save our friends! This is terrific! This is-"
"POOOOOOPO!"

"This carpet gets around ten thousand miles to the soul."
"What?"
"The gallon."

Man, Mr. Popo is great in that episode.

"Namic, thats not a planet iv ever herd of."

"Oohh, look at that...a woman that doent know any better. what are the odds."

"To be fare Mr Popo until recently iv never herd of that planet either."

".....GOD damnit i walked right into that one.."

Magypsy23

Banned
TOM f'N CRUISE said:
"Namic, thats not a planet iv ever herd of."

"To be fare Mr Popo until recently iv never herd of that planet either."

".....GOD damnit i walked right into that one.."

I thought you were quoting YouTube comments.
I now realize you weren't.

Mr. Sam

Still the best abridged series by quite a bit. Hi-larious. I'm sure we'll be re-introduced to ghost Nappa any episode now...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I need to catch up. I didn't even know YouTube had taken the videos down! I loved the first few episodes of this. So fucking funny.

Preble

Yeah, this one is pretty good, it's really well put together. Great voices too.

Could anyone link me to a more general parody topic found here? I found this awhile ago, it's another DBZ parody thing (NSFW):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl-eE_35Wdk&feature=channel

I don't know about you guys, but the idea of makin' Piccolo the black guy is so funny. This guy has a whole bunch on his youtube channel and they are all great, IMO.

Top Bottom