• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Switters

Former table topper who spent thousands of dollars on Orks and Crimson Fists reporting in.

Alpha Legion is best legion.

WAAAGHH!!

Ever since I started reading the lexicanum and got Space Marine for 360 I have been bang into anything to do with this universe. Reading the Horus Heresy books now. Great OT, deffo subbed :)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
We need a new Dawn of War game or something. I feel that 40K is suffering the same mistreatment in terms of game opportunities that Star Wars did.

To be fair, I cannot remember when was the last time Star Wars had a good game. At least W40K fans can take solace in the Dawn of War series and maybe even Space Marine.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering if the 40k modeling thread should be merged with this, as it is why the lore is there in the first place?

Meteorain

Oh damn. You already created the OT?

I was working with Ichor on one!

I wasted the whole day making some fucking banners :(

You might as well have a PM with Ichor, he some good ideas for the layout and additional content and what not since you're open to having the OP revised. Aesthetics can always be fixed later :p

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is wondering why GWs website is running like crap it is because today is the day 6th edition Space Marines are available for pre-order.

Tizoc

What're the best Warhammer 40K comic book series?
...and what Warhammer 40K characters are as badass as Titus from Space Marine?

JoeInky

Senator Soufflé;79289617 said:
There's a MMO, a FPS Space Hulk and rumours of Dawn of War 3.

I am so fucking ready for Eternal Crusade (the MMO), I just hope what they've said isn't too ambitious and that it ends up being disappointing.

Tyranids being a reset button when a planet is held for too long by one faction is a brilliant idea.

And making Orks the free to play race so that there's loads of them, probably most of them being BRs and russians speaking in broken english is perfect.

I wish they were planning on doing a race that wasn't part of "the usual 4" (SM, Eldar, CSM and Orks) though, I know they're planning on rolling out further races as well as bringing in units such as noise marines and defilers and all that good stuff after release, but I'd have loved to be able to play Tau or Necrons from the start.

I can easily see myself having no life if this gets released and delivers on all it's promises.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Eternal Crusade, and all things WH40K, were shelved when THQ was liquidated?

Alucrid

Banned
Awesome OP. I was always more interested in painting and the universe than actually playing the game. In fact I don't think I've ever finished a game of it period. I've long since sold off all my models, but figure when I'm 55 I'll pick some back up and start painting again. Until then it's mostly just the video games. I kinda want to pick up Fire Warrior again because I forget mostly everything about it by now.

Donos

Wow, they copied Star Craft Space marines hard. I bet Blizzard must be not amused.

jK, read around 6 or 7 books and going to continue with it soon.Subscribed.

Meteorain

He did kill a Daemon Prince. Dude earned some merit :p

Lol alright alright he did OK I suppose.

Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists has one of my favourite encounters when reading about random character excerpts.

I couldn't find a link to it online so I just took a picture of it.

ddBnfNN.jpg

Silky

Banned
Jesus Christ a WH40K thread. Subbing. Totally subbing.

I really only play Rogue Trader and I'm only a few months into the game, but it's really cool. I',m loving the lore of 40K

Also, since this is a Tabletop /game/, would this be suitable in the gaming section?

Ruuppa

Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists has one of my favourite encounters when reading about random character excerpts.

This guy has horrible luck, but is badass enough to win regardless. Someone should write a book on him, bumbling from victory to victory with horrendous losses and bodily wounds.

Tacitus_

Jesus Christ a WH40K thread. Subbing. Totally subbing.

I really only play Rogue Trader and I'm only a few months into the game, but it's really cool. I',m loving the lore of 40K

Also, since this is a Tabletop /game/, would this be suitable in the gaming section?

There's a different thread for tabletop gaming. This is about the grim far future where there is only war.

JoeInky

It is being developed by Behaviour Interactive, which is first and foremost a developer of licensed games of much suspect quality. Let's hope that SEGA keeps a close eye on them because so far their track record is not very encouraging.

http://www.bhvr.com/en/games/

I want to believe, the devs all seem like fans of 40k that have respect for the table top and actually play it so I'm hoping something good can come out of it.

I just want to burst into an encampment of BR orks arguing amongst each other to give each other loot and start destroying them with a chainsword.

Showaddy

"You've lost an arm, Alessio! By the mercy of the Emperor, you're lucky not losing your life as well! -- I haven't lost my arm, brother! It's right over there! I'm still in this! I'm fine!"

Like a Boss.

BeerSnob

"You've lost an arm, Alessio! By the mercy of the Emperor, you're lucky not losing your life as well! -- I haven't lost my arm, brother! It's right over there! I'm still in this! I'm fine!"

Like a Boss.

Or to be more accurate for the Warhammer world, "I haven't lost an arm, I've gained a place to put a giant fuck-off gatling cannon with a electric chainsaw on the bottom!".

Tzeentch

Thousand Sons, reporting in.

(Although it's looking like my pre-Heresy themed army will be using the new Space Marine codex, since the Chaos Marine codex is balls if you don't spam Heldrakes.)

CTLance

Soooo subbed.

Also: Everybody should read the Ciaphas Cain novels. They're awesome, just the right mix of humor and terror.

I've read this name so many times yet I still have no idea what the fuck it is.

That can't be right, to post in the thread you had to click on the thread and see the only post in there?

Unless you just posted without reading anything?

--------

Great looking thread OP, I really love the art and designs for Games Workshop stuff, but never like playing the games.

I just buy the odd piece to paint and look at - I like their LOTR stuff.

Top Bottom