• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

Meta is all well and good but we need to look at this game, too. She's missing stuff, not engaged, not invested. Trying to lynch someone while not aware of half the conversations around them. Creating narratives around others, either purposely or because she mixed up players. I'm not really seeing any pro-town behavior and that you'd defend her based on meta and not this game seems off for you, too.
I'm not saying she's been pro-town, just that I don't think she's scum. The behavior has been way different. Also, pretty much she's been universally agreed on as a lynch target. Too easy. Interested in nins point below though.

Saw, any thoughts?
What does pretty good mean? How she reacted under pressure just undermined my general negative impression I had about her.
She took a well meant criticism personal and overlooked monkey's take on me being the neutral.

Please respond as soon as you can

What was the well-meant criticism? I think i missed this

nin1000

Banned
I don't remember that I ever heard something from Nin about why he suddenly quieted down so much after that D1 display. Seems to avoid defending himself there.

It is this post http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249653016

You are completely right about it, but at this stage of the game I can't do a thing about it. I can throw in the RL argument in the pot, but that won't change the fact that I played bad that day. Still tried though

Ah, i see. Interesting.

Muffin is still my vote for today. Going to try and wake up for eod but lets see if anything changes. I don't think kits is scum. She is tunneling like mad and it isn't good but it's also not really scummy.

nin1000

Banned
What was the well-meant criticism? I think i missed this

It was this post

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249645513

The thing is kits. You have only focused on one single entity while ignoring everything around you.
IF you would have done the same for all the other players aswell as doing read lists it wpuod have diminished the actual damage you did for yourself. The house is burning and you kewp telling yourself its all ok.

I mean i agree that everyone can be scum and we should not count out any player, but what you have done is focus on one player without having any actual evidence.

I hope you learn from your mistakes and become a better player in the future.

nin1000

Banned
Ah, i see. Interesting.

Muffin is still my vote for today. Going to try and wake up for eod but lets see if anything changes. I don't think kits is scum. She is tunneling like mad and it isn't good but it's also not really scummy.

I kinda agree but then again it could end up hurting us in the end.

The ship has sailed in my eyes though.

Less than 7 hours to go people. I where is everyone?

Less than 7 hours to go people. I where is everyone?
More like three hours to go.

I'm not saying she's been pro-town, just that I don't think she's scum. The behavior has been way different. Also, pretty much she's been universally agreed on as a lynch target. Too easy. Interested in nins point below though.

This is my mild concern. But I wonder how much meta applies to a third-game player when one of those games is this and one was LB with the pair and the silencing.

I'd also like to hear from isaac and oreo who they think should be lynched today at least. Not even three hours to go, make your voices heard.

kits started voting nin on d1 with no explanation and has kept at it through everything. Her vote for Stan d3 also smacks of someone who wants to be in the right on the voting record just in case, but that's speculation.
I disagree. Nothing about her behavior d3 seems like someone who is looking for a good voting record lol. No there was nothing crafty about running in and voting nin in the middle of a red check discussion.
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I asked because I don't really have a read on Kits other than 'I'm not seeing LB2' and I know you and I disagreed on that in the past so I wanted to know if you still felt that way about her.

As for your latter question: no, I don't have a case. More curiosity since you seem rather confident in your ability to read her. :x
And here, saw, our other resident lb scum and i are actually in agreement. The play is different, and more important to me, her reaction under pressure is way different. I'm going to go hard town on kits.

Somebody did have a similar reaction though. That was muffin. When he got the vote, he got aggressive defensive. "Lmao." A whole string of responses, multiquoting himself. Kits defended kind of, but calmly. And monkey was putting on real pressure, going hard on how what kits was saying didn't make sense etc.

Yeah. Keeping muffin. It's not a hard read and ultimately i won't mind if someone else catches the lynch. But I don't think it should be kits.

Whoops, posted the second half first. Forgot i was working in two windows.

More like three hours to go.

This is my mild concern. But I wonder how much meta applies to a third-game player when one of those games is this and one was LB with the pair and the silencing.
The thing is... this is a very similar situation to LB. this is a game where the scum team cannot talk to each other and kits and i were lynched on a day when scum chat was silenced. I maybe remember better because i was her partner but this isn't the same behavior. I would say, meta wise, how much would we really expect to see a change in just a few weeks in a similar situation?
true but what would two scum do in this situation without a chat?

not a great defense to jump on either
just meta and too much tunneling to be scum
It is not in scum's best interest to lose another member right off the bat.

And here's the thing. I was the first vote for kits. Here's the post.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

I'm calling scum. Very similar to the scum play I'm intimately familiar with. And then the nin vote yesterday. I'll reread the nin case today but really yesterday it was just not going to happen. The somehow missing that a cop check had happened is kind of good vibes because scum shouldn't be doing things like that... of course town shouldn't either. But the second nin vote. That was scum as hell and those excuses don't fly. Contested claims, blatant anti-town shit coming from all sides, there is no case to be made for a third party. At least, not at that time. However, monkey was basically the same except pushing a much more dangerous target i.e. one that could actually potentially swing people off of stan. Trigger was also there but I'm pretty sure he was town. Stan was on that vote as well.
As explained earlier, this isn't really true. Her play is different. I wanted kits to feel pressure to she is she would respond like she did before. She didn't. It isn't the play I'm familiar with.

I'd like to see similar reasons to vote FOR Muffin if you're staying there. Or give me a post range to look back to if you're leaning on past stuff. I'm on mobile for now but will go back to comp in a bit.

What about oreo?

That's kinda the opposite.

How so?

Not really. You were my second push. You picked up one other vote that has since jumped off onto kits...

At the time. Yes, Saw jumped off now, but at the time it was a sudden push that you initiated, Saw put herself behind (with more justification though, she followed that line of suspicion for a while already), Monkey seemed inclined to follow but still unsure and oreo similar. In one page. Before that there was no inclination whatsoever that day that the discussion would go that way. It was a quick development that seemed like a potential easy bandwagon to me.

I'd like to see similar reasons to vote FOR Muffin if you're staying there. Or give me a post range to look back to if you're leaning on past stuff. I'm on mobile for now but will go back to comp in a bit.

What about oreo?
Around 1264. Like i said, it's not a hard stance. I'm also okay to see isaac, nin, or monkey go tonight. Rac is more mid-range. Same with oreo. I still feel alright about him but I've been thinking over there shade he's got but don't have any attacks it defense for him now. I'd like to keep saw and kits.
How so?

At the time. Yes, Saw jumped off now, but at the time it was a sudden push that you initiated, Saw put herself behind (with more justification though, she followed that line of suspicion for a while already), Monkey seemed inclined to follow but still unsure and oreo similar. In one page. Before that there was no inclination whatsoever that day that the discussion would go that way. It was a quick development that seemed like a potential easy bandwagon to me.

It's true, there wasn't really a push against it but it also didn't develop. How strong so you feel about nin?

Around 1264. Like i said, it's not a hard stance. I'm also okay to see isaac, nin, or monkey go tonight. Rac is more mid-range. Same with oreo. I still feel alright about him but I've been thinking over there shade he's got but don't have any attacks it defense for him now. I'd like to keep saw and kits.

Wait, let me get this straight: you're townreading kitsunelaine more than rac?

nin1000

Banned
have you done this?

Top 3 town

FEP
Monkey

TOP 3 Scum

Isaacnukem
oreomunsta

Everyone else is a null to me.

Even with saw, who played exceptionally well this game and pretty much read through me. It could also be a scum player looking through me.
Kits is just anti town.

nin1000

Banned
I can't shake off the feeling that oreo aswell as isaac are in a position where they just have to let town for our itself.

Going against the wind but i feel comfortable with it.

Vote: isaacnukem

Even with my general dislike of kits, I the longer I think about it the longer it just feels wrong.

Around 1264. Like i said, it's not a hard stance.

So I went back and looked to make sure it was what I remembered, and it's not really making a case. It's pressure. Which is fine and good; people need pressure. But it's not a case. You've spent more time and energy defending kits today than you have making a case for just about anything else in this game. And while I could buy some of the arguments, I can't understand the motivation to do that. It seems like a hard turn for you, and it's just awfully odd. I can't understand what any of us gain from that.

I'm gonna go back and do some re-reading before day end. Am curious to see how arguments develop for lynch choices. We need some clear paths and options because we're getting close to the wire here - not just this day, but in general.

Sawneeks

Banned
Night, Muffin, we will probably not kill you right now. >.>

Yeah, Sawneeks, I keep going back and forth. My gut wants me to say town, newer player trying to figure out what's up. Starting with Love Boat 2 and then this has gotta mess with your head. They're not normal games.

But that would also be true if Muffin is scum here. Without a scum chat and no real guidance or a test bed, that's gotta be strange. Especially if he feels ganged up on but can't communicate to others.

But I do see a lot of my a-few-games-ago self in Muffin. There's some good effort but also some hypocrisy, some tunnel vision, some (too much) focus on defense.

But the questions I'm left with are:
If Muffin IS NOT scum, who is? besides kits, who I'm pretty keen on here.
If Muffin is NOT scum, why vote nin? I mean, really. (Then again, if Muffin is scum, WHY VOTE NIN?)
Is Muffin the neutral and just trying to stay alive?

- Oreo? That would be my first guess but he's more stayed out of the limelight/discussion than anything. If it's not him or Kits then I'd guess one ( or two ) of my Town Reads are way off and Scum are playing exceptionally well. :x
- Easy vote? Nin being 'weird' isn't a new thing and he's been on the chopping block for multiple Day Phases now so it's not like he couldn't be pushed for.-
- Also possible and is one point I've considered.

If I were scum, what I wouldn't be doing right now is pushing my own personal target when everyone else is talking about lynching other people. That would paint a fairly obvious target on my head. What I would be doing if I were scum is relying on other people's reads, and probing people based on them, acting as if I'm following up on a lead rather than relying on my own.

So

basically entirely what Oreo is doing right now? If that's the case, why are you voting for Nin instead of Oreo?

I want to comment on kits really quick. It's meta but actually in lb she reached very aggressively to pressure. Like an offensive defense, huge bursts of activity. Wanted to see her under pressure today and others were kind enough to throw some on her. She took it pretty well i thought, which makes me feel pretty good about her.

Saw, any thoughts?

I...actually do agree with FEP. It's why I wanted to really put pressure on Kits in the first place too just to see if she would react similarly to LB2..

So I went back and looked to make sure it was what I remembered, and it's not really making a case. It's pressure. Which is fine and good; people need pressure. But it's not a case. You've spent more time and energy defending kits today than you have making a case for just about anything else in this game. And while I could buy some of the arguments, I can't understand the motivation to do that. It seems like a hard turn for you, and it's just awfully odd. I can't understand what any of us gain from that.

However I also agree with Monkey here. It feels like you went a hard 180 on Kits from Scum Reading her for her play during most of the game to going 'nah, she townie' in the snap of your fingers. It's kinda weirding me out.

Sawneeks

Banned
So some thoughts because I'm really not sure what to do

- I agree with FEP that Kits' isn't playing like she did in LB2 and that makes me feel she isn't Scum/Neutral under pressure. However, I also agree with Monkey that FEP did a really sudden turn around on her but I Town Read both so I don't know how to feel about that. Gives me weird vibes.
- Muffin makes Townie as fuck defense posts and makes sense when he does post but you've got to prod him up to the plate in order to get them. His early game stills bugs the hell out of me.
- Oreo has a nothing track record because numbers, 2 OMGUS votes, and then is now blindly following FEP. Feeling it more here but even then I'm jumping between all 3 here and keep talking myself out of each one.
- I'm really hungry i need to eat breakfast
- Part of me is wondering if I'm completely looking in the wrong direction and all the Scum/Neutral is somewhere in like, Monkey/FEP/Rac/Isaac.
- Not getting a flip for today fucking sucks and I don't know what this lynch will give us or what we can do about it tomorrow.

- Oreo has a nothing track record because numbers, 2 OMGUS votes, and then is now blindly following FEP. Feeling it more here but even then I'm jumping between all 3 here and keep talking myself out of each one.

Geez, my mistake for putting it out there that I find someone trustworthy in this game :X if you take a look at the game, you'll see that I don't actually blindly follow everything fep does.

So some thoughts because I'm really not sure what to do

- I agree with FEP that Kits' isn't playing like she did in LB2 and that makes me feel she isn't Scum/Neutral under pressure. However, I also agree with Monkey that FEP did a really sudden turn around on her but I Town Read both so I don't know how to feel about that. Gives me weird vibes.
- Muffin makes Townie as fuck defense posts and makes sense when he does post but you've got to prod him up to the plate in order to get them. His early game stills bugs the hell out of me.
- I'm really hungry i need to eat breakfast
- Part of me is wondering if I'm completely looking in the wrong direction and all the Scum/Neutral is somewhere in like, Monkey/FEP/Rac/Isaac.
- Not getting a flip for today fucking sucks and I don't know what this lynch will give us or what we can do about it tomorrow.

Yeah, I basically agree with this. All of this. Except breakfast. I need lunch. I'm looking back over my own reads and vote data and some posts and I'm on the struggle bus. I can see the points y'all are making about kits behavior, but I just don't think the meta data is there for her. I cannot see her as pro-town in this game in any way. But moving in another direction can cast light on that situation regardless. I could swing to isaac or oreo. I do still have some concerns about nin. I just don't weigh meta quite as hard, I guess.

I'm gonna make a sandwich and consider.

If I'm scum tho I want the damn MVP award for putting in work on this business.

So, I'm a bit lost. Nin isn't an option, and kits is losing traction right now.

The only other person I read as a bit anit-town is oreo, and as I said already, I think he may be the neutral, and as such not my prime target. Leaving the neutral alive for today would benefit town.

But I could be totally off and isaac/rac/kits is neutral. The only people I would consider for it otherwise.

Sawneeks

Banned
Geez, my mistake for putting it out there that I find someone trustworthy in this game :X if you take a look at the game, you'll see that I don't actually blindly follow everything fep does.

Sorry, I should have put you trust him enough to follow his lynch target. Which is pretty significant considering lynching is all we have and you're willing to put blind faith in someone else for it.

This really isn't even the first time you've done that, you did it when you followed my read on Day 2.

Yeah, I basically agree with this. All of this. Except breakfast. I need lunch. I'm looking back over my own reads and vote data and some posts and I'm on the struggle bus. I can see the points y'all are making about kits behavior, but I just don't think the meta data is there for her. I cannot see her as pro-town in this game in any way. But moving in another direction can cast light on that situation regardless. I could swing to isaac or oreo. I do still have some concerns about nin. I just don't weigh meta quite as hard, I guess.

I'm gonna make a sandwich and consider.

If I'm scum tho I want the damn MVP award for putting in work on this business.

Monkey I'll give you dozens of awards if you're Scum in all of this.

So, I'm a bit lost. Nin isn't an option, and kits is losing traction right now.

The only other person I read as a bit anit-town is oreo, and as I said already, I think he may be the neutral, and as such not my prime target. Leaving the neutral alive for today would benefit town.

But I could be totally off and isaac/rac/kits is neutral. The only people I would consider for it otherwise.

?

How so? It's all tied up with a few different people having 1 vote on them each, that's hardly no option or losing traction. If you feel strongly about Kits ( or Nin ), push for them to be lynched. Don't just see whoever is getting the most traction and jump there.

?

How so? It's all tied up with a few different people having 1 vote on them each, that's hardly no option or losing traction. If you feel strongly about Kits ( or Nin ), push for them to be lynched. Don't just see whoever is getting the most traction and jump there.

You're right, just looked at the vote count. Thought I myself and kits still had more votes on us.

But I still think that there is no push for Nin besides from me, so I still don't see him as option. Kits would be it, I guess.

VOTE: kitsunelaine

squidyj

kitsunelaine (2)
flatearthpandas 1229 (1272)
hey_monkey 1278
sawneeks 1379 (1427)
muffin1611 1435

muffin1611 (1)
flatearthpandas 1272
sawneeks 1289 (1376)

nin1000 (0)
muffin1611 1325 (1435)

kitsunlaine (0)
sawneeks 1376 (1379)

isaacnukem (1)
nin1000 1424

oreomunsta (1)
sawneeks 1427

Day 4 ends:
bla_1506193200.png

rac

Banned
Vote: nin1000

i just don't buy the turbo

and this active push away from kits and nin just feels wrong to me

Sorry, I should have put you trust him enough to follow his lynch target. Which is pretty significant considering lynching is all we have and you're willing to put blind faith in someone else for it.

This really isn't even the first time you've done that, you did it when you followed my read on Day 2.

You're right about one thing, wrong on another. I did follow your vote on D2, because I do sometimes find your pointed questioning convincing enough to lend a vote to. It's not a best town practice to follow a highly vocal member (as evidenced by Cabot in animafia), I admit.

You're wrong though on me blindly following fep, still. Fep made a good case on kits, which lined up on my suspicions of kits, but now he's coming off it, which I don't agree with.

nin1000

Banned
Of course I am going to switch votes if I have to in order to save myself.

What turbo though rac?
I mean I unintentionally ended the day but there was nothing left to discuss since Stan was a locked target

Sawneeks

Banned
No one else jumping on my small locomotive?

Not unless you can show me a convincing case for Isaac as Scum/Neutral with less than 30 minutes to go. :x

You're right, just looked at the vote count. Thought I myself and kits still had more votes on us.

But I still think that there is no push for Nin besides from me, so I still don't see him as option. Kits would be it, I guess.

VOTE: kitsunelaine

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vote: Muffin1611

That doesn't look like voting to Scum Hunt, that looks like voting whoever has the most traction.

Has kits not voted today?

I keep thinking about changing my vote but honestly this is where I still have my strongest feeling. I can't weigh meta over in game actions.

Not unless you can show me a convincing case for Isaac as Scum/Neutral with less than 30 minutes to go. :x

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vote: Muffin1611

That doesn't look like voting to Scum Hunt, that looks like voting whoever has the most traction.

Both are in my scum list. One is not happening today, one could be.

Sitting on somebody who will not be voted by anybody else is the most unproductive you can be.

Nice try justifying a quick change towards my lynch though.

rac

Banned
Oh, sure. Nothing I can do against that.
you are wrong
ok let me lay it out

cm is about to come back to explain
there's votes for stan waiting
15 minutes after i vote you vote while there's still a relevant vote count on the same page
it just seems like the easiest buss ever
and then just to put it over the top it's also a mistake

Top Bottom