• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

GSR

I didn't notice the post in this thread and claimed it about half an hour ago in the OT OT. I can get a topic up in about an hour and it's mostly going to be images from the US website but if you'd rather do it let me know.

Yeah I was mostly just going to use official art. If you've got any skill in photoshop/design then you're probably better off than I am. (I'm stuck at work for the next few hours too.)

Go for it. I finished the game in Japanese so if there's anything you need answered for the OT let me know.

....oh no....

...the hidden monokumas are back, & I don't see anyway of knowing which ones you've already collected or how many are in a chapter....

I think the shelf in your room organizes them by chapter/count? It's been a while since I played though.

Zeroro

Brian Beacock does do Monokuma, but he seems to have been directed to use a higher pitched voice. I got used to it by the end.

Ah, alright. I was gonna say it's a damn good impression if it wasn't him! It definitely is slightly higher pitched than his DR1/DR2 portrayal, but it shouldn't take too long to get used to.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just checked & a patch is up for the Vita version.

1.01 (118MB)
- Fixes an error that halted game progression
- Fixes various text issues

I don't think this is the voice patch....

Edit: Or maybe it does, if it's the same as the Japanese version.

I think the shelf in your room organizes them by chapter/count? It's been a while since I played though.
I think that's DR2. I'm in my room & don't see anything that displays the Monokuma I found, or maybe it's later on.

Labrys

Sölf;250005987 said:
For the Monokuma voice, my take on that would be since the japanese voice actress died and Monokuma got a new voice, they may have decided to also change his english voice.
She didn’t die, she just has dementia so she couldn’t continue the role.
I actually had to double check, that kind of scared me ahahaha.

Sölf

She didn’t die, she just has dementia so she couldn’t continue the role.
I actually had to double check, that kind of scared me ahahaha.

Oh, so it was "only" that. Still sad though.

Done with Ultra Despair Girls. Finished the game on normal, not sure if I will read the extra novel or not. Most likely will skip it and just head into the DR 3 anime tomorrow and after finishing that will finally buy and play V3.

Sölf

So far, I am 5/4 in with the DR3 anime. And hell, I love every bit of it. And of course they killed of the best characters already. Why did I even try to get attached to them. ;__;

Sölf

Danganronpa 3
And now, I am done with this. Danganronpa V3 next!

Anyways, I actually really liked this. Which makes me probably one of two people on this entire forum who liked it. There were basically only a few things I really did not like:

1.) Episode 7 of the Future side: Ultra Despair Girls.
While it was probably the most Danganronpa like thing they did, Monaca flying into space just made all of UDG feel completely unneccessary in retrospect. The only "relevant" thing that is still left is probably the relationship between Komaru and Toko, but overall, this ending was completely unsatisfying.
2.) Kirigiri.
She should have stayed dead. While I have to admit that it was teased at several point throughout the show that she would survive, I still did not like it.
The victory just felt too clean, even with all the things that happened. It also meant all of the DR1 cast really did have plot armor.
3.) The final episode: Hope.
While I overall did like it, Naegi in the end just felt unneeded. Which begs the question why he was even there, because the Class 77 students basically ended the whole tragedy, while Naegi did exactly nothing in the end.
And unless I remember it wrong, this basically was supposed to be a end for his story arc, but this end also felt like, overall, nothing really happened.

I still likd it though. Much better I would have thought after all those reactions back then. Also, all OPs and EDs are awesome. <3

Top Bottom