• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

eXistor

At time of writing this he's still on the offline portion of the game, but so far it looks extremely bland.

I've actually been kinda warming towards the game, but now seeing the game actually being played it seems like any old mmo, which is to say: empty stretches of land, with the most interesting looking parts (dense forests, waterfalls and rivers) being just there as scenery you can't interact with or even walk through.

World design in particular is a very important aspect in games for me and this so far looks to be bottom of the barrel stuff.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ill tell you people this right now quite honestly, if you are those who are obsessed with things like graphics or overly picky about small stuff, then I suggest you dont bother as this game will most likely turn you off.

As its not a "next gen" DQ so to speak. Truthfully do think this game came out waaaaaay too late in its life cycle. Would have done a lot better if they had it ready earlier.

Regardless still seems like a lot of people are playing though for now. Expected of a launch day so will see how it goes as time goes on.

Wasn't there another issue like this with a previous DQ game on Amazon? Or was that something else?

I'm interested to see how it sells and if it maintains a decently sized player base!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
So, what are the odds that Aeana will or will not get into this game?

he did not update his wii
LLShC.gif

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Servers are down? The stream I'm watching (justin.tv one, dude has been playing for hours?) works.

It doesn't look single player to me.

But the guy has just been wandering around, it makes it look boring. Oh, he finally set out with a group.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Servers are down? The stream I'm watching (justin.tv one, dude has been playing for hours?) works.

It doesn't look single player to me.

But the guy has just been wandering around, it makes it look boring. Oh, he finally set out with a group.

It's not down, i am watching other streams too, but that kotaku guy probably hasn't configured his wii or something, and he can't get online.

wrowa

You would have to import the game to begin with and all the stores you can choose from are cancelling foreign orders.

Incredibly strange decision by SE. Is there any kind of special copy protection for this game? Or do you just need the game and a USB stick in order to play it? Otherwise, it's not like not selling the game to foreigners will stop them from laying their hands on it. All SE is doing is pushing otherwise legitimate customers into pirating the game. Who thought that was a smart idea?

Oh well. If it's pirateable someone is bound to try a VPN sooner rather than later. That's a plus, I guess.

Yeah, it's just his system, my bad!

I do really like the vibe of the game though, the graphics are something I can get over if the actual game is fun but I refuse to pay a monthly fee.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Incredibly strange decision by SE. Is there any kind of special copy protection for this game? Or do you just need the game and a USB stick in order to play it? Otherwise, it's not like not selling the game to foreigners will stop them from laying their hands on it. All SE is doing is pushing otherwise legitimate customers into pirating the game. Who thought that was a smart idea?

Oh well. If it's pirateable someone is bound to try a VPN sooner rather than later. That's a plus, I guess.

You need a serial number that only comes packed with copies of the game.

I can't believe it's out in Japan already, time really flies. I'm hoping against hope that we'll get a Wii version here in the US, but I highly doubt that'll happen. Probably means we won't be getting this until well into next year, if at all :-(

the game looks okay in motion, I should not be spoiling myself for the WiiU version in English but yeah I'm going to play as a fish girl ftw

so the single player prologue is about 3-4 hours long?

Raw64life

It's weird seeing a Dragon Quest game come out and me not really caring about it. Just watched the stream in the OP for a few minutes and it was just a person fighting the same singular enemy over and over again. Needless to say it didn't make me any more interested in potentially buying this game.

Alexios

It's weird seeing a Dragon Quest game come out and me not really caring about it. Just watched the stream in the OP for a few minutes and it was just a person fighting the same singular enemy over and over again. Needless to say it didn't make me any more interested in potentially buying this game.
You'd be able to find similar looking streams for any other DQ (or old school JRPG) though... That doesn't mean that's all you do.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
storafötter;40543458 said:
Uh do you have to pay to watch Justin tv now because that is what it is telling me. So I will stick to the Otaku guy.
Not for me.

Watching them on the rx_888 channel fighting the same enemy over and over again is boring. Then again, it is an MMO.

Alexios

Oh, daytime, it looks a bit nicer now. The trees are nice like Xenoblade's (although the grass isn't as nice, but it's still mostly there).

Ricker

So every battle you get a loading screen but after that,everyone can still see you fighting like a normal MMO?...why have that loading screen at all then?...is he still playing like offline?

I wonder if people will change the image of the disc in a way that you can play the game somehow offline anywhere. I have seen crazy things in the past made possible on the Wii, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I wonder if people will change the image of the disc in a way that you can play the game somehow offline anywhere. I have seen crazy things in the past made possible on the Wii, so I wouldn't be surprised.

for Iwata Asks it seems like the server has a lot of resources needed to run the rest of the game the prologue was said to be very hard to get up and running smoothly until they fixed it but it seem the servers do a lot of the work for the Wii once you get to the online part

Top Bottom