• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Laughable? Apparently these fly/unfly combos are the easiest shit ever to everyone but me >_>

Marvel

could never
I was a little shy in posting that gif, I know we have have some diehard awesone players here.

Thanks, I really am trying to learn this game lol. I am stunned at the complexity and execution even of the kinda middle of the road intermediate bnb's tbh. Always enjoyed watching mvc over the years on and off but I never knew how hard it was to play!

Folk make it look easy.

Laughable? Apparently these fly/unfly combos are the easiest shit ever to everyone but me >_>
Don't take it personally lol, Marvel is an execution monster. Loves doing flashy combos.

I'd suggest you two play together since you're both close to each other but you're on PC.

kirblar

Thanks, I really am trying to learn this game lol. I am stunned at the complexity and execution even of the kinda middle of the road intermediate bnb's tbh. Always enjoyed watching mvc over the years on and off but I never knew how hard it was to play!

Folk make it look easy.
MvCI is harder than MvC3 was imo

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when youre hearing ultradavid on commentary and then they show its actually Sajam...

My brain just broke :(

Durden77

I just accomplished a goal, spent 45 mins on this combo. As a complete MvC novice I am very proud of nailing this. Literally only just found out and taught myself air dashes and flight cancel thanks to a brief tutorial.

th89q5xk

I know it's laughable compared to what's out there but I am so pleased right now lol. It's a start.

How are you ab MvC novice when your username is Marvel, lol.

Nice though! Feels good doesn't it? And that's a good effective combo.

when youre hearing ultradavid on commentary and then they show its actually Sajam...

This grates on me so much. Dude sounds just like Ultradavid. It's like he studied him or something.

NEO0MJ

I just accomplished a goal, spent 45 mins on this combo. As a complete MvC novice I am very proud of nailing this. Literally only just found out and taught myself air dashes and flight cancel thanks to a brief tutorial.

th89q5xk

I know it's laughable compared to what's out there but I am so pleased right now lol. It's a start.

Like others said, super solid work. BTW, how did you record this?

Don't feel bad, I''m also standing with you in the fraud corner.

Best part is when it's UltraDavid + Sajam on commentary and you try to differentiate between the two and can't and inevitably give up to this clone pairing.

NEO0MJ

Best part is when it's UltraDavid + Sajam on commentary and you try to differentiate between the two and can't and inevitably give up to this clone pairing.

It's like when someone picks Bob and Slim Bob in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, except they're both Slim Bob.

Rhaknar

Try to do them, they are easier than they look. Try mapping the LP+HP to a different button and then trying it.

I tried with Ironman for like half an hour and then said "fuck this" :(

also SF5 related but menard just crushed haitani... while eating fucking cookies.

eating cookies during the match ;_;

Blu(e)

Is season 2 a thing that is happening or speculation? I want to pick the game up but I think I'll wait if they're going the multiple season route.

Yo, X is fun
WickedTestyAlaskajingle-max-14mb.gif

th89q5xk

Good shit dude

JayEH

Is season 2 a thing that is happening or speculation? I want to pick the game up but I think I'll wait if they're going the multiple season route.

Speculation chances are it will happen but with the way the game is selling who knows.

BIGWORM

Finally getting down some Nova HP BnBs, but I guess they're not consider fly tech. Is there any good fly tech combos for all the fly characters? I really like this version of Dorm. It's crazy how he can get his powerups off of his black holes, blocked or not.

Marvel

could never
The game feels so good, admittedly I haven't played much because of Destiny 2. And now I have like the worst fucking cold ever lol. When I feel better I am gonna lab the shit out of this game, since when I was online on day 1 I got stomped the fuck out.

I am happy with Tony and Ultron though atm, they both feel great for me.

『Inaba Resident』;249782010 said:
Yo, X is fun

I need to try him out.

Rhaknar

Speculation chances are it will happen but with the way the game is selling who knows.

the fact that season 1 is 4 marvel 2 capcom is makes the chance of a season 2 be 99.9999999999%

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Look at this wannabe try hard. Auto combos suck ass zero reason to complain about them

Fine, I know its really important for you to be right... still stuff like this should be disabled, bet first competitive matches have this disabled by default. Sure, I know its worthless combos, the fact its still there rubs me the wrong way!

NotLiquid

Season 2 is pretty much guaranteed to happen if you ask me. They'll probably start deving new characters before the fiscal year ends. It's Season 3 and beyond we have to question.

『Inaba Resident』;249782010 said:
Yo, X is fun
WickedTestyAlaskajingle-max-14mb.gif

I would probably play X more if I was any good with special cancels/installs etc. I already have trouble doing Dante shenanigans.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

th89q5xk

Nah breh, I'll probably spend tens of hours on this game and never be able to do that. Be proud!

Astral

I hate fighting game sometimes. I just spent a good hour and a half practicing a single combo/setup I came up with. An hour and a half of failing it more than executing it successfully, trying to find out why it was failing, working my way around it, etc. I've probably spent like 10 hours in training mode and I still drop combos or forget what I learned or freeze up in arcade mode. This happens to me in every fighting game. I'm sure when I get home from work tonight I'm gonna keep dropping this combo. I just needed to vent. I'm tired of the training mode hell I put myself in.

sinkfla87

I used PS4 sharefactory :D

Dammit why y'all gotta be on pc grr lol

Are you using triangle dashes for the combo? I'm working on iron Man myself but can't get shit done with fly unfly lol. This gif blew my mind haha.

Btw we should attempt trials again this weekend!

NEO0MJ

I would probably play X more if I was any good with special cancels/installs etc. I already have trouble doing Dante shenanigans.

Tell me about it. I still have no idea what to do with Firebrand's level three install where he summons an Arremer.

I hate fighting game sometimes. I just spent a good hour and a half practicing a single combo/setup I came up with. An hour and a half of failing it more than executing it successfully, trying to find out why it was failing, working my way around it, etc. I've probably spent like 10 hours in training mode and I still drop combos or forget what I learned or freeze up in arcade mode. This happens to me in every fighting game. I'm sure when I get home from work tonight I'm gonna keep dropping this combo. I just needed to vent. I'm tired of the training mode hell I put myself in.

Figuring out how to pull your combos in a real match is one of the most difficult things about fighters. It's one the reason why it's often suggested to beginners not to focus too much on combos and instead learn how to use the character's tools first.

In other news, for those who love Dante, Megaman X, and Morrigan, 1/4 statue for these characters are coming, for the low price of only $600!

Marvel

could never
Are you using triangle dashes for the combo? I'm working on iron Man myself but can't get shit done with fly unfly lol. This gif blew my mind haha.
I er don't know what triangle dashes are lol! do you mean square + triangle for the dash? or maybe upfoward air dash?

Former I just use L2 if latter, yeah first dash is a down forward dash. The ones in the air are all upforward. It's on my yt if you wanna see it in HD and in slow motion.

And yes we totally should try trials again!

I just hopped on to ranked for the fist time after getting done with all the single player content. Did not do as well as I wanted to. I was dropping stuff left and right and found myself not confident in my play at all. It really doesn't help that I haven't found my team or a character that I really gel with gameplay wise. I'm afraid of when I leave beginners league.

FSLink

Banned
I er don't know what triangle dashes are lol! do you mean square + triangle for the dash? or maybe upfoward air dash?

Former I just use L2 if latter, yeah first dash is a down forward dash. The ones in the air are all upforward. It's on my yt if you wanna see it in HD and in slow motion.

Triangle dash is a down forward/down backwards dash.

Dartastic

Don't put yourself in training mode hell. Problem solved. Just get into matches and try and execute simple things like movement, landing that first hit, etc. and kinda freewheel it. For example, instead of trying to nail a combo 100% in a match every time you hit it, focus on some of the more complicated basics that are part of that big combo. For example, with Spider-Man I've been focusing on nailing the web swing HP - F.HK web swing HP- F.HK loops when I can. Putting in work to be able to execute combos is important, but so is having fun and figuring out movement, etc. and not beating yourself up if you can't get your super complex combo every single time.

That being said, I'm still trying to figure out who I want my second character to be. I'm kinda liking Thanos, but I'm unsure of how well he works with Spidey. I kinda like Gamora, but I kinda wanna rock Captain Marvel also. I just haven't figured out Captain Marvel's movement yet.

Marvel

could never
Triangle dash is a down forward/down backwards dash.
Ohh ok. Never heard of that haha.

Er yeah just the one down forward dash then.

We just had a beginner lobby few hours ago but we could try to have one tmw.

Oh really? That sounds super fun, well whenever newbies wanna spar or duke out I'm more than happy to learn. I'll probably forget how to do that combo in a real match anyway. Can't open up ppl very well myself tbh.

I'm in the UK but I am confident in the netcode.

FSLink

Banned
As someone who did difficult Dante, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom combos in Marvel 3, this is what I do:

Learn the combo, once learned try to repeat the combo facing both left and right, try to be able to do it 10x in a row.

If succeeded, try doing it against Arcade Mode bots to figure out ways to setup into it, ways to start it from stray hits, figure out easier variations in the middle of a match.

Then try it in a real match. Usually ends up failing but then I just keep trying, then go back to training mode and repeat.

I also do all of this while multitasking like watching a movie or something so I could do it without being able to hear it as well as I should and depending on the combo without looking.

But before all that I tried to learn movement, defense (including how other characters tend to approach, and how to block their various mixups) and the basics of the game first. There's no point in learning cool combos if you can't land the first hit.

I'd map LP + HP and LK + HK to one button each but I'm stuck with a 360 stick atm with only 6 buttons.

Dashing and flight with two buttons is messing me up hard compared to 3, but I wanna keep using Ultron. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Season 2 is pretty much guaranteed to happen if you ask me. They'll probably start deving new characters before the fiscal year ends. It's Season 3 and beyond we have to question.

Pretty much. I'm very curious to see what is their plan for 2018. Would it be mixed of newcomers and veterans so veterans could ease the stresses of the development or so.

Marvel

could never
As someone who spends way more time in training mode going over combos than I should the only bit of comfort I can offer you is this.

Whatever it is you are teaching yourself will come. Believe it, it's one thing to have the muscle memory there or maybe just some of it, but in all likelihood in a real match arcade or online if you are anything like me it's gonna take hours, days maybe weeks or more before it instinctively one day just blasts from your fingers onto your opponent. And then once that happens one, twice 3 times it'll come out automatically when you need it every time.

It really is a time thing tbh, I know how that kind of frustration can feel. One example for me was a Nemo Urien corner combo I learned. Took ages to finally hit it without nerves online, such a great feeling to do so.

Try not to stress.

Don't put yourself in training mode hell. Problem solved. Just get into matches and try and execute simple things like movement, landing that first hit, etc. and kinda freewheel it.

This is what I'm gonna do. I need to start playing real people even if I suck. The thing that bothers me is that I keep thinking is (man you could do this shit in Marvel 3 why can't you do it here), just gotta keep telling myself new game, new characters, new buttons, new muscle memory.

BIGWORM

That's a typical problem with online fighters, and fighter in general; people (including myself) lab it up for a specific combo, then get blown up/execution errors because of the anxiousness the pull it off trying to pull it off 'in the moment,' so to speak. Harder and more complex combos, you sorta have to ease into in a real game, whether offline/online; add bits and pieces to a simple combo (like an extra string here or an extra button there), until it becomes the combos you've labbed for. I've played fighting games for 20 years, now (specifically Tekken), and that's how I go about be able to pull off combos/setups I've labbed for.

Astral

Tell me about it. I still have no idea what to do with Firebrand's level three install where he summons an Arremer.

Figuring out how to pull your combos in a real match is one of the most difficult things about fighters. It's one the reason why it's often suggested to beginners not to focus too much on combos and instead learn how to use the character's tools first.

In other news, for those who love Dante, Megaman X, and Morrigan, 1/4 statue for these characters are coming, for the low price of only $600!

Fuuuck I like the Morrigan one.

Don't put yourself in training mode hell. Problem solved. Just get into matches and try and execute simple things like movement, landing that first hit, etc. and kinda freewheel it. For example, instead of trying to nail a combo 100% in a match every time you hit it, focus on some of the more complicated basics that are part of that big combo. For example, with Spider-Man I've been focusing on nailing the web swing HP - F.HK web swing HP- F.HK loops when I can. Putting in work to be able to execute combos is important, but so is having fun and figuring out movement, etc. and not beating yourself up if you can't get your super complex combo every single time.

That being said, I'm still trying to figure out who I want my second character to be. I'm kinda liking Thanos, but I'm unsure of how well he works with Spidey. I kinda like Gamora, but I kinda wanna rock Captain Marvel also. I just haven't figured out Captain Marvel's movement yet.

Yeah I need to just actually play the game. I just always have an impulsive need to go into training mode if a match doesn't go the way I wanted it to, even if I win.

Marvel

could never
How come MvCI don't have a ps4 pro version? Every AAA game these days have it with HDR support. This game looks super ugly on 4K TV.
The characters on screen look kinda blurry yeah, I wish Capcom would be a little more generous when it comes to their fg's on pro. SFV would also look great in 4K too, but I can't ever see it happening.

sinkfla87

I can only get one diagonal air dash in my sad combo :(. I'm going to check your YouTube for sure! I'm struggling with fly unfly in this game and it's embarrassing lol.

JayEH

Wait it doesn't have pro support really? I thought I saw it on a list somewhere. I also just now noticed that Digital Foundry doesn't even have a video on the game...

kirblar

Wait it doesn't have pro support really? I thought I saw it on a list somewhere. I also just now noticed that Digital Foundry doesn't even have a video on the game...
Pro support is very tricky for FGs because you have to maintain parity w/ gameplay (input delay, etc.) It's safer just to leave it at faster load times.

Top Bottom