• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: TFBH "Game is Gold" Trailer

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just so we’re clear, this is making fun of the game Kanye was making to pay tribute to his deceased mom, right? Just checking.

Just so we’re clear, this is making fun of the game Kanye was making to pay tribute to his deceased mom, right? Just checking.

BUT IT'S SOUTH PARK GUYS THEY MAKE FUN OF EVERYTHING CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE SNOWFLAKE

I'm not gonna say Matt and Trey are terrible people or anything. I will say that joke is hot hot garbage.

This is funny. I mean if anyone watches South Park, you should already know what you're getting into. They are not going to make a game that will all of a sudden cater to a different crowd.

That was awesome!!!

How funny.

They brought back the super dated homophobic Kanye joke from 10+ years ago. Mixed it with a semen joke and then used it to make fun of Kanye's dead mom.

I think the older you get the more eye-rolling the "edgyness" of South Park becomes.

888.jpg

Tagyhag

Can someone please explain to me what was so comedic about that?

Like what parts were actually funny?

It was like Family Guy levels of comedy.

South Park has done way better stuff in the past.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
That was awesome!!!

888.jpg

I know right, all those Jewish jokes from way back when are super funny because Matt Stone considers himself ethnically Jewish, and they make fun of everyone anyway.... so when Cartman dressed like Hitler back in Season 8 and started a race riot chanting the words "We must exterminate the Jews" it was actually hilarious and I'm just an out of touch old man.

sjay1994

Can someone please explain to me what was so comedic about that?

Like what parts were actually funny?

It was like Family Guy levels of comedy.

South Park has done way better stuff in the past.

I don't think its funny in traditional sense, but rather it's unflinchingly mean-spirited in the depiction of Kanye, his mom and his game that people into that kind of thing can get a laugh out of it.

It got a chuckle out of me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The mom fish was also kinda... minstrel show looking?

Very. That shit was embarrassing.

a dated joke for a dated show.

jeez, apparently it's ok to call someone gay as a joke still. didn't know we were all still in the 2nd grade.

ThisGuy

I know right, all those Jewish jokes from way back when are super funny because Matt Stone considers himself ethnically Jewish, and they make fun of everyone anyway.... so when Cartman dressed like Hitler back in Season 8 and started a race riot chanting the words "We must exterminate the Jews" it was actually hilarious and I'm just an out of touch old man.
It was funny, to some people. We get it, youre virtue signaling is top notch and anyone who laughs at edgy comedy is the lesser.

How close are you to turning this thread into a graveyard for people enjoying this type of comedy?

Is this from the game or just made for this trailer? It's pretty terrible. Just seems like they had the idea "hey lets make fun of the Kanye West game" and then it it in the laziest way possible.

C4Lukins

I am Jewish and it was funny. Feel free to be offended on my behalf, but I am just not hurt by this sort of comedy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Making fun of a dude because he wished to pay a tribute to his dead mother. fucked up as shit and everyone else thinking its funny.

huuurr durrr let me guess I am old ass snowflake, can't take a joke.

Skittles

It was funny, to some people. We get it, youre virtue signaling is top notch and anyone who laughs at edgy comedy is the lesser.

How close are you to turning this thread into graveyard for people enjoying this type of comedy?
"Racist jokes are ok as long as someone laughs at it" quality post

Now we got the "I'm a minority and am fine with it, so why should you be" this thread is off to
not
surprising start

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

How close are you to turning this thread into graveyard for people enjoying this type of comedy?

it's not virtue signaling when the joke is not just mean spirited and punching down, but also uses minstrel show caricatures and homophobic jokes to get to a punch line.

ThisGuy

I don’t think it’s against GAF rules to enjoy bad humor, but pulling dog whistle shit like “virtue signaling” out of your ass should be.
We gonna pretend posters aren't looking down on others for liking south park?

Happens often on here.

hughesta

Banned
yeah wtf is going on.

if you don't find it funny then why come in here? lol. some people i don't understand what's going on in their head.

I watched it because I thought Stick of Truth was funny. Instead I got a racist, unfunny trailer that made fun of someone's dead mother.
This is exactly it. Been looking forward to this game, loved the last one, think this one looks great. But this trailer is not funny and it is beyond meanspirited. Making fun of someone because they want to pay tribute to their dead mother is not okay, and then throw racism on top of that.

Yes, the Kanye joke was homophobic...

Not about, y'know, his inability to accept criticism or overall lack of humour.

And this trailer is taking the piss out of his mother's passing...

Not about, y'know, the idea of making a melodramatic mobile phone game to commemorate his mother's passing, and how ridiculous that is.

I mean, it's basically the slogan of the show, right? South Park: Where Everything is Surface Level and Nothing has Context.

Top Bottom