• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

My alt rolled a Kanna last GF and I have no idea what to do with her. I used to want her on my main for RaDra, but now I don't know what she's still used for. Is there generally a preferred evo? I'm thinking dark.

My alt runs DAthena coop and Ameno solo mostly if it matters, though it has a pretty developed box. Haven't had the time or interest to keep up with the meta the past 6 months or so.

Any TPA focused team would appreciate her even if she's not the best choice for the slot. Outside of Yog and maybe Yuna/Sakuya/Tachibana I'm having trouble coming up with a common place for her though that's "current".

EDIT: New Event

Big thing is Camael invades in UDR2 and Snow globe bleu invades on 2 minute time attack annihilation level descends. Someone on reddit posted a Meri team that can blitz through Geist's Annihilation time attack with ~30 seconds to spare.

Meri, Amon (Sharon), Blodin (4sb form with Sharon inherit), Skuld, Amon (inherit not used in the vid I saw), Meri
Use the SB, HP, or TE badge depending on how you built things.
Amon's Machine killer is MVP.

You need at least 34k hp (maybe a little more) to not worry about healing.
Use actives to meet the following damage thresholds
Floor 1: row kills
Floor 2: row kills
Floor 3: Use Meri, row +1 combo (row probably not needed but you need to activate Meri)
Floor 4: row kills
Floor 5: row kills
Floor 6: row kills, save heart and darks if possible
Floor 7: Use Meri, Meri activation + 3 more combos

I'm replacing the second Amon with Prompto since that's the only other blue machine killer I have and swapping Skuld for Amatsu to make up the HP.

b33r

All those new Dragon callers, Dragon caller rem, seems worth rolling a couple times.

Watched a video of the new arena, fuck that dungeon. Will be easy in a few years maybe.

jiggle

Dang
Another 10 stone rem
Looks like Super Gunma just became completely obsolete
nazca also
Uevo Ganesha can farm shit ton more contents now :0

Aesnath

Good god. I was just talking about powercreep and then this rolls along. I mean it is nuts. It is pretty easy to justify rolling on as the 3 killer monsters are 5* base. AND blue puppet is now obsolete (mostly, puppet does have one turn less cooldown)--this thing is also inheritable, which could be important.

Also, I've heard that an inheritable leaderswap might break the game. Does it? 'cause it is a thing that seems to be happening.

The Ney inclusion seems a bit suspect.

Again though, none of these jump off the page as great leaders. Kinda reminds me of heroine (although, Meri was a notable exception). Some will be playable, but nothing meta defining. As subs they are impressive, however. I really wish they would try to get better leaders out there. At this point, 100-144x is starting to feel a bit anemic, especially in the context of limited tanking ability.

Bladelaw

Holy shit! Inheritable leader swap! (22 turn cooldown though so planning will be needed)
Info dump

This is probably the REM to hoard stones for. Worst thing you can pull is maybe a dupe Lye? You only really need that active once. Everything else has a real use either as a sub/lead/inherit or an equip. Lasios maybe the weakest overall...?

Either way I'm going to go in deep if/when we get this over here.

jiggle

Also, I've heard that an inheritable leaderswap might break the game. Does it? 'cause it is a thing that seems to be happening.

The big one that i can think of
You can enter a dungeon with a 7x6 lead that usually have low attack multiplier
And swap it out for something waaay better (i. e. Double anubis with a 7x6 board)
Or better Shield, hp multiplier etc
This can actually shit all over diablos :0

You can also bring ganesha with you into almost any dungeon for extra xp and coins

Aesnath

The big one i can think of
You can enter a dungeon with a 7x6 lead that usually have low attack multiplier
And swap it out for something better

You can also bring ganesha with you into almost any dungeon for extra xp and coins

That'll be neat, but that 22 turn CD is no joke. If I could play anubisxanubis on a 7x6, I'd probably stop complaining so much. Having it up on turn one would be no joke though. Probably need to be coop and involve Fudgie the whale. It will be interesting to see how it pans out though.

Holy shit! Inheritable leader swap! (22 turn cooldown though so planning will be needed)
Info dump

This is probably the REM to hoard stones for. Worst thing you can pull is maybe Kiri? only because the active, while inheritable, goes against her main attribute so you get a triple dragon killer with a sub-par active. Or a dupe Lye? You only really need that active once. Everything else has a real use either as a sub/lead/inherit or an equip. Lasios maybe the weakest overall...?

Either way I'm going to go in deep if/when we get this over here.
Unfortunately I blew all my JP stones on the prior godfest, feels bad man

Bladelaw

That'll be neat, but that 22 turn CD is no joke. If I could play anubisxanubis on a 7x6, I'd probably stop complaining so much. Having it up on turn one would be no joke though. Probably need to be coop and involve Fudgie the whale. It will be interesting to see how it pans out though.

If you wanted Anubis on a 7x6 board you'd need 29 turns of SB to be up turn 1, which realistically isn't happening even in coop for any content you'd actually want Anubis's damage on. Whales don't provide anything but SB so I'd only sacrifice 1 sub slot, Oichi is solid, Despharion could see some sub use for the SB too.
Best case is you swap out 4sb Ilmina for the 7x6 board.

In coop you'd need something like:
Ilmina (4)
Anubis (1)
Yamato (3)
Yamato (3)
Whaledor (5)
x2 = 31 sb

so the other coop partner can lose 2 SB and swap whale out for another 3 sb monster or a yamato with almost any relevant red monster. I'm not sure anything would need this but it would be hilarious to see. And since you've overloaded on SB you could inherit damn near anything on the subs. Or you could equip additional SB too to add a bit of flex.

I missed it because I updated my phone. Blessing in disguise apparently. I only have 3 rolls + the freebie to throw at this though. I IAP on my main too much to IAP on alts.

Aesnath

If you wanted Anubis on a 7x6 board you'd need 29 turns of SB to be up turn 1, which realistically isn't happening even in coop for any content you'd actually want Anubis's damage on. Whales don't provide anything but SB so I'd only sacrifice 1 sub slot, Oichi is solid, Despharion could see some sub use for the SB too.
Best case is you swap out 4sb Ilmina for the 7x6 board.

In coop you'd need something like:
Ilmina (4)
Anubis (1)
Yamato (3)
Yamato (3)
Whaledor (5)
x2 = 31 sb

so the other coop partner can lose 2 SB and swap whale out for another 3 sb monster or a yamato with almost any relevant red monster. I'm not sure anything would need this but it would be hilarious to see. And since you've overloaded on SB you could inherit damn near anything on the subs. Or you could equip additional SB too to add a bit of flex.

I missed it because I updated my phone. Blessing in disguise apparently. I only have 3 rolls + the freebie to throw at this though. I IAP on my main too much to IAP on alts.

Odd question, if you start with a swap leader as a lead and try to use the skill, what happens? Like can I inherit the swap skill on, say, diochan, enter the dungeon, then figure out a way to swap it with anubis; or does it not work that way?

jiggle

Odd question, if you start with a swap leader as a lead and try to use the skill, what happens? Like can I inherit the swap skill on, say, diochan, enter the dungeon, then figure out a way to swap it with anubis; or does it not work that way?
First swap must be initiated from a sub

Theyre giving out at least 10 stones during the event
So that`s 2 free rolls!

Negator

This is probably the REM to hoard stones for. Worst thing you can pull is maybe Kiri? only because the active, while inheritable, goes against her main attribute so you get a triple dragon killer with a sub-par active.

I dont understand what you mean by this. She is blue and makes them red. Seems pretty good to me?

Also, rip dream of dragon killer Sumire lol

Aesnath

OK, I'm trying to let go of sucking at this game a bit and I want something to work on. So, back to Ra dragon. Those of you with experience with the chicken, I'd like some advice.

I could run something like:

D. Kali/G.Kali/Something Blue/Something Else. In particular, I was thinking about the pros and cons of trying aten in the "something else" slot. It give up unbindability in exchange for having killers against everything. However, even though it is bindable, it being bound won't lock me out of my leaderskill activation, which seems pretty reasonable.

As for the blue slot, any recommendations? I have an Isis, who I could reincarnate for this team (as the sub attribute doesn't matter too much here). I also have scholarship Isis, who has tpa, but not much else. Are there any unbindable gods that cover blue that are worth the trouble? Dark Athena maybe?

Bladelaw

OK, I'm trying to let go of sucking at this game a bit and I want something to work on. So, back to Ra dragon. Those of you with experience with the chicken, I'd like some advice.

I could run something like:

D. Kali/G.Kali/Something Blue/Something Else. In particular, I was thinking about the pros and cons of trying aten in the "something else" slot. It give up unbindability in exchange for having killers against everything. However, even though it is bindable, it being bound won't lock me out of my leaderskill activation, which seems pretty reasonable.

As for the blue slot, any recommendations? I have an Isis, who I could reincarnate for this team (as the sub attribute doesn't matter too much here). I also have scholarship Isis, who has tpa, but not much else. Are there any unbindable gods that cover blue that are worth the trouble? Dark Athena maybe?

To play Ra Dragon keep its strengths in mind. Ra Dragon is one of the few rainbow teams that can be completely unbindable. Rag drag is close but I don't think there's a NA unbindable red machine worth using besides Markab.

Your core looks solid, so you need utility. Traditionally it's been a spike, a shield, and a delay but we have some new things to consider like killers, guard break, fujin-likes, and follow up attack. FUA covers resolves and means for most things you don't need a delay if you have a FUA god. A spike is probably a requirement depending on what you're going to try and tackle. Arena needs the spike or a shield. 7c subs would be a good choice but unfortunately the number of unbindable god types with 7c in NA is very small. Odin Dragon, Lead DMeta, Revo Ame-no-Uzume, G/G ruel, L/L Ariel, RGY, Lead Famiel, R/R Rozuel, Lead Lumiel, Uruka, GGY.

most of those have actives that screw up full activation or are useless on a fully unbindable team.

Keep in mind TE and SBR if you use Aten

To cover unbindable blue:
Uruka (active, TE, SB, 7c)
Dathena (delay, SB, prongs)
Dmeta (sub form for guard break)
RKush (TE, shield +combo)
ReIsis (TE, stats, inherit base)
Bad Lmeta (budget option)

If you need more time, use RYomi for time extends as the "something else" that could be bindable. as you get better drop Yomi for an unbindable, or better utility.

Aesnath

To play Ra Dragon keep its strengths in mind. Ra Dragon is one of the few rainbow teams that can be completely unbindable. Rag drag is close but I don't think there's a NA unbindable red machine worth using besides Markab.

Your core looks solid, so you need utility. Traditionally it's been a spike, a shield, and a delay but we have some new things to consider like killers, guard break, fujin-likes, and follow up attack. FUA covers resolves and means for most things you don't need a delay if you have a FUA god. A spike is probably a requirement depending on what you're going to try and tackle. Arena needs the spike or a shield. 7c subs would be a good choice but unfortunately the number of unbindable god types with 7c in NA is very small. Odin Dragon, Lead DMeta, Revo Ame-no-Uzume, G/G ruel, L/L Ariel, RGY, Lead Famiel, R/R Rozuel, Lead Lumiel, Uruka, GGY.

most of those have actives that screw up full activation or are useless on a fully unbindable team.

Keep in mind TE and SBR if you use Aten

To cover unbindable blue:
Uruka (active, TE, SB, 7c)
Dathena (delay, SB, prongs)
Dmeta (sub form for guard break)
RKush (TE, shield +combo)
ReIsis (TE, stats, inherit base)
Bad Lmeta (budget option)

If you need more time, use RYomi for time extends as the "something else" that could be bindable. as you get better drop Yomi for an unbindable, or better utility.

I forgot about SBR, Dath doesn't work too well when trying to run aten. I'm not sure how much time I'll need, really. Part of the reason why I want to try this idea is because I've not really tried rainbow before. Before filling in the blue slot, it has like 8 TE, which isn't too bad--I'm ok at crossing with 8 seconds, so we'll see. I have revo yomi, and I may give her a shot if it ends up being a bit too much for me. I know I suck at 7c, and this is six specific ones, so I'm not sure how much better I'll be at it.

After that, it starts to look like Re Isis, I suppose. I can put something on her at least, but she feels a bit like a dead sub that further dilutes my damage.

Are there any FUA gods that could work?

Bladelaw

I forgot about SBR, Dath doesn't work too well when trying to run aten. I'm not sure how much time I'll need, really. Part of the reason why I want to try this idea is because I've not really tried rainbow before. Before filling in the blue slot, it has like 8 TE, which isn't too bad--I'm ok at crossing with 8 seconds, so we'll see. I have revo yomi, and I may give her a shot if it ends up being a bit too much for me. I know I suck at 7c, and this is six specific ones, so I'm not sure how much better I'll be at it.

After that, it starts to look like Re Isis, I suppose. I can put something on her at least, but she feels a bit like a dead sub that further dilutes my damage.

Are there any FUA gods that could work?

Any of the norns work but of course they're bindable and you'd need to inherit over them (a good home for a utility active). Skuld is best because she'd hit like a freight train and covers blue. Wedding Scheat is probably the best pick if you have her.

Aesnath

Any of the norns work but of course they're bindable and you'd need to inherit over them (a good home for a utility active). Skuld is best because she'd hit like a freight train and covers blue. Wedding Scheat is probably the best pick if you have her.

No luck on the wedding scheat. Gah, norns feel so out of place here and I don't have a skuld either. I do have an Athena another for guard break, when I need it. Bindable, but not out of place either.

Bladelaw

No luck on the wedding scheat. Gah, norns feel so out of place here and I don't have a skuld either. I do have an Athena another for guard break, when I need it. Bindable, but not out of place either.

Verd works well with Gkali and you could put Balboa as your unbindable blue sub. This gives you a mostly green Ra dragon team. Ideally in long dungeons you don't want to pop actives anyway so you'd be saving up verd for a burst or shield. Balboa's a risk due to Vishnu but I recall you saying you had multiple Fujins so maybe that's not a big deal for you. You have to match all colors to do max damage no matter how you slice it so work with your strongest color to fill out those two slots. I'd focus on light, dark, or green though just to synergize with the required members.

...Kanna isn't OP anymore? :(

man this game moves fast

I have about 120 stones on both my main and my alt and I'm just in a holding pattern until a nice-looking REM hits. Would be fun to try some new playstyles.

Aesnath

Verd works well with Gkali and you could put Balboa as your unbindable blue sub. This gives you a mostly green Ra dragon team. Ideally in long dungeons you don't want to pop actives anyway so you'd be saving up verd for a burst or shield. Balboa's a risk due to Vishnu but I recall you saying you had multiple Fujins so maybe that's not a big deal for you. You have to match all colors to do max damage no matter how you slice it so work with your strongest color to fill out those two slots. I'd focus on light, dark, or green though just to synergize with the required members.

I'll give that a shot. Certainly, I can move things around as I need to for each dungeon; not like FUA is needed for everything; same with Fujin or even something like Aten. Also, for things that aren't shield, spike, delay, everything else should be all color and hearts board changes? I have Sherias Roots and base Ney waiting in the wings.

I'm not gonna buy Ra Dragon until I beat Mech zeus. I've only really played it twice, but it seems pretty doable with my Dath team with an extra heart maker.

...Kanna isn't OP anymore? :(

man this game moves fast

I have about 120 stones on both my main and my alt and I'm just in a holding pattern until a nice-looking REM hits. Would be fun to try some new playstyles.

I really think there is something to be said for just the last like three months being powercreeped to hell and back. For most of the year I played, it was much more gradual--the top changed a bit, but lots of things remained good. Now, the newer difficulty has really limited the viable leads, and, to a lesser extent, subs. Kanna probably is still solid on Yog, but she is no longer a damage powerhouse in this new world of crazy multipliers and 7c.

Bladelaw

Liberty geist 2 min annihilation is tough. Beat it with 6 seconds remaining. I really wish the Timer wasn't going during geists shielding and chatter bullshit.

Alfecca means you need FUA if the globe doesn't invade there. Everything else is quick, just make sure you combo enough on geists second form.

I don't know if I'm going to try farming it if I can only clear once every 5 tries.

I don't have Meri. Are there any other clears that are possible? I really wish they would stop the clock when you can't actually do anything. It's basically a 1:30s time attack as it is now.

Silent_Z

I don't have Meri. Are there any other clears that are possible? I really wish they would stop the clock when you can't actually do anything. It's basically a 1:30s time attack as it is now.

Dark Metatron with Eschamali or Persephone sub should work, though I've been too slow with it. No Skyfall seems mandatory, especially given the skyfall boost on 1F

Bladelaw

Dark Metatron with Eschamali or Persephone sub should work, though I've been too slow with it. No Skyfall seems mandatory, especially given the skyfall boost on 1F
I managed it with a dmeta team and pixel seph sub for the +combo. Use izanagi inherit turn 1 then just spam dark orbs. Pixel seph covers machine killer and combos.

Bladelaw

For some reason I don't see her up. I see Algedi, Ragdrag, and Raphael.
I had her up, just put her back in the bf slot. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Couple team idea's for the snow globe serket challenge:
I'd strongly recommend a pixel. It's possible to chip out Kopis but you need a strong unconditional lead like Ameno and a couple quick 3 matches will do it in time. A pixel and the means to make one quickly saves a ton of time and buys you an extra turn vs serket.
Devil killers pay off on FL1 if you need to save orbs.

Teams I've seen successful:
Arondight
Pixel Lightning
Pixel Cloud
Fenrir Viz (Rei Sirius) <--shedar would be better IMO
Wedding Eschamali
Amenominakanushi

I've only had one fail on the team above and it's because I fucked up an easy pixel.

blodin(sitri),
pixel tidus,
saras(sitri),
toshiro,
verdor(rathalos gear),
meridionalis

Pixel board is Toshiro + Rathalos then move three orbs into position. Rathalos can be any non-blue orb maker that makes at least 6 orbs. Wee Jas, any Cyber Dragon besides Sadalemek, etc

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I just booted up the game after not playing in probably a year or so. Is it worth rerolling for the Final Fantasy Collab? I don't really know much about the game's meta, etc. I just saw someone post a pic of Noctis and jumped back in again out of curiosity.

Rank 23 Box:
UB3pc7C.jpg

Bladelaw

I just booted up the game after not playing in probably a year or so. Is it worth rerolling for the Final Fantasy Collab? I don't really know much about the game's meta, etc. I just saw someone post a pic of Noctis and jumped back in again out of curiosity.

Rank 23 Box:
UB3pc7C.jpg
The FF collaboration is arguably the best collaboration in the game next to Bleach and has value at every level of rarity. That said the standard advice is to not roll collaboration REMs until you have a more fleshed out box.

Kyuur

What's the best way to get a bunch of Tamadra nowadays? Saw that that Alcyone has a pretty decent leader ult (144x with 25% damage reduction on 3 light combos incl. one 5 w/ enhance) and I have an alright sub pool for her (him? I can't tell!) so I figured I would make a team while I wait for the new Gadius uvo.

Bladelaw

What's the best way to get a bunch of Tamadra nowadays? Saw that that Alcyone has a pretty decent leader ult (144x with 25% damage reduction on 3 light combos incl. one 5 w/ enhance) and I have an alright sub pool for her (him? I can't tell!) so I figured I would make a team while I wait for the new Gadius uvo.
Buy the tamadra infestation dungeon under Shop-->purchase coin dungeon

I recommend bringing true damage or a partner with true damage to get through it quickly.

Edit: Titania is rough. Managed with wedding escha, pixel lightning, Orpharion (hunk), Wukong (momiji), Wukong (Ars Nova), Wedding escha.

Fl1 hunk
Fl2 escha
Fl3 5 match
Fl4 5 match
Fl5 5 match + 1 match
Fl6 momiji +lightning and 6 match

Red fairy either 0c twice or clear bombs
Blodin, clear locks while you kill.
Globe takes a little more than a 5 match to kill. Extra combos or another light match do it though.

Ars Nova is insurance against skyfall troll.

b33r

Got Kiri on my free roll in JP. Triple dragon killer and puppeteer active should be helpful and I run mainly water teams on that account. Happy enough with that pull.

Kyuur

Buy the tamadra infestation dungeon under Shop-->purchase coin dungeon

I recommend bringing true damage or a partner with true damage to get through it quickly.

Ok, thanks! You mean Tamadra Village right, I don't have Infestation on my list? Just gotta save some coin now. Double Ganesha weekend dungeon solves that problem but boy is it slow :lol:

Not really concerned with getting through quickly since I only have enough stamina for 1 run per buy anyways unless I do it on a level-up. Gotta save my stones for REM!

Bladelaw

Ok, thanks! You mean Tamadra Village right, I don't have Infestation on my list? Just gotta save some coin now. Double Ganesha weekend dungeon solves that problem but boy is it slow :lol:

Not really concerned with getting through quickly since I only have enough stamina for 1 run per buy anyways unless I do it on a level-up. Gotta save my stones for REM!
Yeah tamadra village sorry!

JP dragonbound rolls:
Triple god killer, and the light row equipment one.

forgrim

these 90-120 second time limits are amazingly terrible. how do you beat these things??

Titania in...90 seconds???????????? the last stage you have to do an 8 combo my goodness

jiggle

Alt rolled 7 times on dragonbound gacha and got 6 shitty golds and 1 fire 3x7c

Main rolled 6 times and got 4 shitty golds and 1 fire 3x7c. The thought of rage deleting the app crossed my mind as the last roll came tumbling out
Edeal!!

Too bad i really only wanted the skill swap egg and the 1turn cool down one
Bummed :(

b33r

Used Meri to beat the 50 stam JP endless dungeon. Kiri was the reward roll. I'm ok with this.

I got Kiri with my free roll, my Meri can annihilate dragons if necessary heh. I also used Meri on the endless dungeon, got Chazel with the reward roll. Triple devil killer and I have some decent row green teams, so she'll get use.

Top Bottom