• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Tom Penny

You cheese global 820 for ROTAs. Anytime you find a Wild Zana, you ask for a ROTA as well.
Ahh another lame work around like finding all the trials for uber lab. For such a good game they make some absolute shit game design decisions. Basically nobody could get her to 8 just playing the normal game unless they have no life.

Baliis

Ahh another lame work around like finding all the trials for uber lab. For such a good game they make some absolute shit game design decisions. Basically nobody could get her to 8 just playing the normal game unless they have no life.

Not really. I'm like 70% of the way to 8 and I only really have time to play a lot on weekends. I just make sure to do my daily which takes like 5 mins tops and always do her in maps when I see her. All my other Masters have been 8 for like a week except Catarina because I usually skip her in maps.

Tom Penny

Not really. I'm like 70% of the way to 8 and I only really have time to play a lot on weekends. I just make sure to do my daily which takes like 5 mins tops and always do her in maps when I see her. All my other Masters have been 8 for like a week except Catarina because I usually skip her in maps.

Going by the forum it would take about 3 months of daily's to reach level 8...and 30% left is also like 400-500K rep which is more than level 1-6 combined to go...so yeah it's ridiculous unless you use a short cut.

Thorgal

so can i only buy unique's from other players once i am level 25 ?

i tried to buy a screaming eagle from someone but it did not allow me to place items to pay in the trade tab .

so can i only buy unique's from other players once i am level 25 ?

i tried to buy a screaming eagle from someone but it did not allow me to place items to pay in the trade tab .

I think trading in general is disabled until an account reaches a certain level. It’s a deterrent for botting

JoeMartin

So I hit a wall with my doryani's fist character @ 90. It's a blast to play, but ele reflect completely neuters the leveling experience. I can't not kill myself on it with the amount of single hit damage it does, and I'm effectively leveling twice for each level I get at this rate.

I've made another character, a trapnel saboteur in the vein of the botw a couple weeks ago, and it's been a riot. Leveling just straight shrapnel shot with a storm cloud/tempest all the way to 68 was a breeze; traps are kinda clunky until you get the Chain Reaction node, tho once you have it combined with a Tinkerskin and Eldritch Battery the trap experience is completely seamless. My rings and belt carry over straight from my doryani's build (and are really nice for it in general). I'm struggling to get HP over 5k, but it really doesn't feel necessary to regardless.

Clears everything on a 5l no problem and I never have to look at map modifiers anymore. Feels good.

I don't know whether to continue saving up for a Headhunter or just buy equipment now for the Brutus Lead Sprinkler build I want to do.

Up to 40 exalts right now.

Rufus

I aimed for the overall same effect with my Inquisitor (RIP). I used Bll Lightning with a Call of the Brotherhood (ring) which converts 40% of your lightning damage into cold and ran Herald of Ice on top.
I went for conversion because BL has a terrible damage effectiveness of 20%, so added damage of any kind isn't all that practical.

iamblades

I aimed for the overall same effect with my Inquisitor (RIP). I used Bll Lightning with a Call of the Brotherhood (ring) which converts 40% of your lightning damage into cold and ran Herald of Ice. I went for conversion because BL has a terrible damage effectiveness of 20%, so added damage of any kind isn't all that practical.

Three dragons is also useful for that purpose, use ball lighting to freeze and herald of ice to pop them.

it's one of my favorite build enablers.

Thorgal

the build i am following recommended these weapons and armor while leveling :

naamloosl5zo5.png

naamlooso4sya.png

are all these worth hunting down for m leveling gear ?

this is the built if curious :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StCqpo3vxM&index=8&list=PL7GqFLebBU8jjjwgnOpd24IK_-3oorkO2

iamblades

naamloosl5zo5.png

naamlooso4sya.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StCqpo3vxM&index=8&list=PL7GqFLebBU8jjjwgnOpd24IK_-3oorkO2

Wanderlust and goldrim you should be able to get cheap, and you should definitely get a set at the start of any league as soon as you can afford. They can get you to maps without worrying about gear in those two slots. Goldrim in particular single handedly solves most resist issues while levelling.

If you are doing a melee build the screaming eagles(and the higher level version, the gryphon) are great because of the move speed. gotta go fast.

Tabula is a luxury as you most builds wont have the mana to support a 6 link while levelling, and the game is balanced around 4 links while levelling and progressing, but it does simplify gem management during levelling, not having to worry about sockets or colors for your main ability at least.

edit: I finally got a real 5 link on my SSF essence drain build(bye bye white t shirt), hopefully i can 6 link it before my empower levels up lol. Just a carcass jack, but i figured holding out hope for a shav's to drop is too much to ask for? :p

JoeMartin

Wanderlust and goldrim you should be able to get cheap, and you should definitely get a set at the start of any league as soon as you can afford. They can get you to maps without worrying about gear in those two slots. Goldrim in particular single handedly solves most resist issues while levelling.

If you are doing a melee build the screaming eagles(and the higher level version, the gryphon) are great because of the move speed. gotta go fast.

Tabula is a luxury as you most builds wont have the mana to support a 6 link while levelling, and the game is balanced around 4 links while levelling and progressing, but it does simplify gem management during levelling, not having to worry about sockets or colors for your main ability at least.

edit: I finally got a real 5 link on my SSF essence drain build(bye bye white t shirt), hopefully i can 6 link it before my empower levels up lol. Just a carcass jack, but i figured holding out hope for a shav's to drop is too much to ask for? :p

Tabula's are still so nice for leveling, especially once you get some elreon jewelry.

Also I said fuck it and got a 6l tinkerskin, trapnel saboteur is so wicked, heh.

Inskipp

If this is your first build, then I would say no.

Most of these uniques are meant to speed up leveling for secondary melee characters. It can be a hassle to acquire them on your first character, when you barely have any currency.

The only unique you'll need to start with is Ngamahu's Flame, since this build revolves around that weapon. Luckily it's a cheap weapon to acquire, and you can later on save up currency to get one with better stats.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
So, how do you even trade for these weapons? I've played 65 hours of PoE over the years and have never traded haha. I don't even know how to get stuff from my other characters onto the character i'm leveling right now.

So, how do you even trade for these weapons? I've played 65 hours of PoE over the years and have never traded haha. I don't even know how to get stuff from my other characters onto the character i'm leveling right now.

http://poe.trade/

Search for the item (make sure to pick the right league), and click "whisper" when you find the one you want. Tab back into the game and paste it into the chat box. Searching for uniques in particular is very easy, finding good rares takes a little more finesse/knowledge of how the site works.

Then repeat 6 times because the first 5 people were AFK.

squidyj

in every town there's a box marked stash, your stash is shared across all your characters on that league.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Man, been eyeing a chest piece that seems to go for 6-7 exalted.

Finally saved up 350 chaos and realized that they're going for 85+ now?

Google says there's some currency manipulation going on. Think they'll drop back down to 60ish?

Man, been eyeing a chest piece that seems to go for 6-7 exalted.

Finally saved up 350 chaos and realized that they're going for 85+ now?

Google says there's some currency manipulation going on. Think they'll drop back down to 60ish?

That's more likely the case when it was 26c an exalt. They were up to 115c last league.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
http://poe.trade/

Search for the item (make sure to pick the right league), and click "whisper" when you find the one you want. Tab back into the game and paste it into the chat box. Searching for uniques in particular is very easy, finding good rares takes a little more finesse/knowledge of how the site works.

Then repeat 6 times because the first 5 people were AFK.

Once the Harbinger league is over do your characters switch over to standard league?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Spent most of my chaos orbs on boots and a new bow. Dps is way up my toughness is about the same boots made up for resistance lost on new bow lioneye's glare well worth the 20 orbs even with low rolls. Now need to say for triple resistance helm with life to get near cap. Waiting on a response for a to good to be true price on face breaker gloves. Also added 5 link chest with life and 1 resistance. Now going to just work on levels try and get to 82 can add a few more life nodes and maybe some cash for helm. Still not seen a single signal fire quiver for sale. Wish my resistance did not suck could try negotiate a STARKONJA'S with my exalt gem. Feels good to make a little progress triple dps now toughness.

Is ruthless support not properly calculated in tooltip DPS? Looking at Melee Phys and Ruthless side by side makes me think the damage should be at least somewhat close over 3 attacks, but my tooltip DPS goes down almost 30% with Ruthless in.

I wish this game had a combat log.

Dahbomb

Is ruthless support not properly calculated in tooltip DPS? Looking at Melee Phys and Ruthless side by side makes me think the damage should be at least somewhat close over 3 attacks, but my tooltip DPS goes down almost 30% with Ruthless in.

What's your skill gem?

The tooltip in this game is pretty awful anyway. Use Path of Building, it is a must.

Leezard

Ruthless won't work well with tooltip dps, no. Ruthless in general adds around 37% more damage, similar to multistrike.

Volodja

As said already, use Path of Building
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Much more detailed way to plan your build and to see the results of support gems, passives and items.

flkraven

(on Xbox) Almost level 79 with a 2H Cyclone resolute beserker. Almost have my resists all maxed except for chaos which is still -60%. Just recently started running 'maps'. My brother found me a neat hammer, so my Cyclone dps right now is over 21,000K without buffs/auras/curses. Have about 4,500 HP I think. Couple of quick questions:

With my current 'specs' how high up the map tier can I make it? What should I be looking to improve now?

Rufus

You can choose one as a quest reward in Act 5, but if you want another, you'll have to trade for it (or chose the same reward on a different character).

iamblades

(on Xbox) Almost level 79 with a 2H Cyclone resolute beserker. Almost have my resists all maxed except for chaos which is still -60%. Just recently started running 'maps'. My brother found me a neat hammer, so my Cyclone dps right now is over 21,000K without buffs/auras/curses. Have about 4,500 HP I think. Couple of quick questions:

With my current 'specs' how high up the map tier can I make it? What should I be looking to improve now?

You should be good for all the way through yellow maps(for most map mods anyway).

The cyclone build I just started just hit 70 has ~19k dps (goes up to like 40k with flasks and frenzy charges up, plus a significant boost to damage against bleeding enemies from gladiator ascendancy and kondo's pride, so tooltip dps doesn't really tell you all that much.) and sub 4k hp right now, and I went straight into tier 8/9/10 maps with no real issue. I still need a bit more leech, because phys reflect rares can be a bit sketchy, especially if it's in a harbinger pack.

Red maps and the end game content can be a bit of a different beast, that's when mitigation starts being 100% critical. I might be able to do yellow maps with a tabula and ~1k armor and evasion currently, but on red maps even white mobs will start hitting hard enough to make that less feasible.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Could not resist got a STARKONJA'S for 6 chaos orbs. Only lost 6 resistance old helmet was not good. With all the new gear laid waste to a sewer map including boss. Still need more hp and resistance but things going in the right direction. Still don't know how to get hp high most my gear has some. Now to look for that signal fire and jewelry.

As said already, use Path of Building
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Much more detailed way to plan your build and to see the results of support gems, passives and items.

Ok I played with it and the two gems are almost identical. I'm going with Ruthless for now

I'm 99% sure PoB isn't smart enough to detect and model the perma-onslaught from Ahn's Heritage + 2x Fragility, unfortunately. Maybe there is some way I can manually add onslaught to the calculations? The program is quite hard to navigate.

Dahbomb

Ok I played with it and the two gems are almost identical. I'm going with Ruthless for now

I'm 99% sure PoB isn't smart enough to detect and model the perma-onslaught from Ahn's Heritage + 2x Fragility, unfortunately. Maybe there is some way I can manually add onslaught to the calculations? The program is quite hard to navigate.
There's a tab you can go to that you can add things like Onslaught. Just click a tick on it.

kbv6efl6wcoz.png

So I found this ring today. No idea how valuable it is. But closest ring I could find to it had 20 less ele res and not flat damage and it was at 25 Exalts. Mine has 120 ele res and sone flat phys. I started it at 80 Exalts. By far the most valuable drop I've had in 700 hours of PoE.

Top Bottom