• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hubb

Does anyone know if PS3 fightsticks (specifically, the HRAP V3-SA) will work with this game? I know in general PS3 sticks will not work on PS4 but I read about a patch (driver?) that developers can use to allow the ps3 sticks to function within their games. Can't play this without a stick and I'm not buying a new one with several hundred dollars worth of sticks in the house.

Nope. Not going to happen. As of now you need a PS4 compatible stick.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i'm going from 360 to PS4 on this, so I'm going to have to unlock lots'o'costumes, and I'm starting to question if there are even enough variations of arcade/time attack with all the difficulty levels to unlock all of a character like Kasumi's costumes.

Does anyone know if it still is one unlock per difficulty/variation? or Can I play arcade on normal multiple times to get costumes like 4?

You can unlock outfits also by playing online and there is something that unlocks everything too IIRC but locks achievements.

FHIZ

Tag mode, easy, unlock two costumes at once. Repeat until all are unlocked.

I could have sworn it only unlocked one for the character you beat win with? or was that changed from 5 to 5U?

You can unlock outfits also by playing online and there is something that unlocks everything too IIRC but locks achievements.

Really? I didn't play much online with 5U, what do you have to do to unlock them with online play?

Eolz

Can't access the link for some reason, but I wouldn't mind the season pack if the price is reasonable enough. Seems like a lot of content.

tagrat

Pre-ordered online from Best Buy. I still haven't seen a shipping notice. Anyone have experience with pre-ordering from them?

Skilletor

I could have sworn it only unlocked one for the character you beat win with? or was that changed from 5 to 5U?

Really? I didn't play much online with 5U, what do you have to do to unlock them with online play?

Yeah, it's a change from 5 to 5U. Took me a couple hours to unlock everything.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thinking of getting this. Need some sexiness in my PS4, hahaha.

Anyways, which character do you folks think the easiest to master...well, "master" is probably the wrong word, how about "learn" instead.... for a beginner like me? I mean, my fighting game expertise can pretty much be summed up in one term: button-mashing, but I am interested in trying something new other than FPSes and Shooters or whatever so why not a fighting game and why not one with many pretty eye-candies? Hahaha.

Kumubou

Yeah, they changed that in 5U. Both characters get an outfit, and you can grind the same game mode/difficulty until they're all unlocked.

You also unlock outfits for every 10 games played online with a character.

I had no idea there was a "free" version of this.

I may just download it and buy Christie who I usually play as. Then I will grab the whole thing on some discount down the line.

Works out for me.

Season pass info I linked is the official Hong Kong Xbox Live marketplace. The currency is HK. Translates to about 100$ USD. It is a real listing though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

Anyways, which character do you folks think the easiest to master...well, "master" is probably the wrong word, how about "learn" instead.... for a beginner like me? I mean, my fighting game expertise can pretty much be summed up in one term: button-mashing, but I am interested in trying something new other than FPSes and Shooters or whatever so why not a fighting game and why not one with many pretty eye-candies? Hahaha.
this post + your username & avatar

Eolz

Hitomi or Tina are usually good to begin I think. The tutorial is really deep and well-made too.

Skilletor

I had no idea there was a "free" version of this.

I may just download it and buy Christie who I usually play as. Then I will grab the whole thing on some discount down the line.

Works out for me.

I wonder why this is. The free version launched with DoA5U, but people are constantly surprised to hear of it. I wonder what Tecmo could do to get more publicity on this. It's confusing to me.

I wonder why this is. The free version launched with DoA5U, but people are constantly surprised to hear of it. I wonder what Tecmo could do to get more publicity on this. It's confusing to me.

I knew about the free version with DoA5U but I had no idea that the next gen upgrade were going to be also getting a free version. I just thought it was a one time pay for the game in 1080p with a whole bunch of DLC included.

Hubb

Probably because the only thing they put out that gets traction is nothing but showing off boobs, their new engine, boobs.

Skilletor

Probably because the only thing they put out that gets traction is nothing but showing off boobs, their new engine, boobs.

Yeah, I guess this is true. If they put as much effort into advertising their amazing F2P version as the breasts, the entire world would know.

TechOne

Why am I... so hot?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tumblr_ni6cb2jLKp1t5k8i7o1_500.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Since the STeam version got delayed to March, they say they are adding extra costumes. Are there any other steam preorder incentives? In the op it seems like preordering you get a bunch of extra costumes and stuff but i dont see that mentioned on the steam page.

Hubb

Since the STeam version got delayed to March, they say they are adding extra costumes. Are there any other steam preorder incentives? In the op it seems like preordering you get a bunch of extra costumes and stuff but i dont see that mentioned on the steam page.

If you go to the steam page and expand the first news item "Change to release date" it shows all the packs. I believe Halloween 2013 and some other pack are being given to PC buyers do to the delay.

I have the PC version pre-ordered and am thinking of getting the PS4 one to start playing right away but I am realizing the very likely possibility that i'll just end up buying the same DLC costumes on both and spending wayy too much.

LowParry

Will the glorious tits be making their way to the steam version? I am super cereal u guys.

Well. Ya know. Mods. Scary business over there at Team Ninja.

I think I'll go find me a copy tomorrow. Eh, no biggy on missing out on pre-order stuff.

The contents of DOA5 Last Round Season Pass (costs roughly 110$) are as follows:

- Marie Rose Angelic Maid Costume
- Ninja Clan 1 Pack - 10 costumes / sometime in February
- Ninja Clan 2 Pack - 10 costumes / sometime in March
- Senran Kagura Pack - 16 costumes / March
- Ninja Clan 3 Pack - 10 costumes / April
- May 2015 Costume Pack - 16 costumes
- June 2015 Costume Pack - 16 costumes

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/doa-news/season-pass-for-last-round-r876

No, thanks.

benzy

The contents of DOA5 Last Round Season Pass (costs roughly 110$) are as follows:

- Marie Rose Angelic Maid Costume
- Ninja Clan 1 Pack - 10 costumes / sometime in February
- Ninja Clan 2 Pack - 10 costumes / sometime in March
- Senran Kagura Pack - 16 costumes / March
- Ninja Clan 3 Pack - 10 costumes / April
- May 2015 Costume Pack - 16 costumes
- June 2015 Costume Pack - 16 costumes

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/doa-news/season-pass-for-last-round-r876

No, thanks.

This is also on top of all the other $100+ of DLC from DOA5 that didn't carry over. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... Ultimate PS3 isn't getting a Last Round Patch? You have to buy it like Street 4: Ultra to get the Last Round content?

Skilletor

So... Ultimate PS3 isn't getting a Last Round Patch? You have to buy it like Street 4: Ultra to get the Last Round content?

It's already got the Last Round patch, if you want the new characters, they're additional DLC.

PS360 versions do not get the additional 2 stages.

LowParry

I don't think I ever bought any costumes from the PS3 version. Just the new characters. I guess I'd be golden with Last Round on PS4 then.

Top Bottom