• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity picture released and art leaked

Theecliff

Banned
Maybe not as placeholders for building, but you can certainly see red blocks to the far left of the character in the first shot, as well as what is definitely a placeholder building to the right across the river. Also looks like there's a random blue block under the tree in the little park he's walking through, as well as the fact that the edge of the stone/marble railing is missing.
xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

So yeah, early shots of the game under development.

Maybe not as placeholders for building, but you can certainly see red blocks to the far left of the character in the first shot, as well as what is definitely a placeholder building to the right across the river. Also looks like there's a random blue block under the tree in the little park he's walking through, as well as the fact that the edge of the stone/marble railing is missing.
xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

So yeah, early shots of the game under development.

What really intrigues me is the PARKOUR UP and PARKOUR DOWN buttons on the right side up of the screen.

sjay1994

What really intrigues me is the PARKOUR UP and PARKOUR DOWN buttons on the right side up of the screen.

Right?

I remember during the ubi conference call, they said the next AC would be a re-scope of the series. I was hoping that also meant gameplay, and from those leaks that might be happening.

Right?

I remember during the ubi conference call, they said the next AC would be a re-scope of the series. I was hoping that also meant gameplay, and from those leaks that might be happening.

Yeah, that'd be really cool if they revamped the fighting system that's become quite a bore now and add a sort of rythm-based parkour mechanics. Just to spice it up and make it a bit more challenging to travel around.

Do we even know what comet is?

It could be a ubi art game for all we know.

It's really surprising nothing's leaked.
I'm surprised that they haven't acknowledged it yet... Unity was announced some time ago (just after a guy on a plane showed the game off to a gaffer - third time that's happened) but nothing on Comet even in so much as saying it'll be at E3

fasTRapid

Banned
This is definitely not gameplay. It's artwork.
You know what? From Revelations to Black Flag, their Anvil engine has slowly grown towards more and more stylization. Black Flag can IMHO in particular scenes be mistaken for a painting. Then again, it looks most of the time so outdated and colorful and overly-sharpened, because of its last-gen roots. I really wish, they'd embrace that artsy style as it would work particularly well in Unity's environment. I'd love to play in painted 3D world.

AHA-Lambda

Concerned about something you literally know nothing about. How weird. Did you forget Ubi has been making AC games since 2008?

No, it's just the total lack of attention in the face of such leaks, and that Unity has been acknowledged by Ubi but it hasn't, seems weird is all.

No, it's just the total lack of attention in the face of such leaks, and that Unity has been acknowledged by Ubi but it hasn't, seems weird is all.

If it'd be something ultra top-secret, I guess they'd do something, but everyone knows there's a new AC every year. And letting speculation run rampant could be a good hype-generating strategy.

Honestly, all the game needs is a crouch.

Think it would alleviate pretty much any issue with any of the stealth missions

let us fucking crouch on command!

I never understood why they didn't put a fucking crouch button in there.

It's a STEALTH game for fucks sake. I'm an ASSASSIN. LET ME SNEAK YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING MORONS.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm surprised that they haven't acknowledged it yet... Unity was announced some time ago (just after a guy on a plane showed the game off to a gaffer - third time that's happened) but nothing on Comet even in so much as saying it'll be at E3

Eh that didn't happen, someone straight up leaked stuff to press and made up that second plane story to hide himself cause it really did happen the first time

I never understood why they didn't put a fucking crouch button in there.

It's a STEALTH game for fucks sake. I'm an ASSASSIN. LET ME SNEAK YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING MORONS.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

MGS 1-3 did without crouching but they were great stealth games. It doesn't necessarily need crouching to be a good stealth game. But it does need some sort of gameplay revamp.

You would have to be pretty damned ignorant to have ever thought of AC as a stealth series for any reason outside of the name alone. It's very much an action/adventure game and has been since the first entry. Sure, there are stealth sequences, but they've never been the main focus.

Squire

Banned
You would have to be pretty damned ignorant to have ever thought of AC as a stealth series for any reason outside of the name alone. It's very much an action/adventure game and has been since the first entry. Sure, there are stealth sequences, but they've never been the main focus.

Right. That's clearly not they're going for, so far. I mean, I'm not very taken with Watch_Dpgs, but I've been using the stealth to tackle the command centers in that game and those parts are pretty good in all honesty.

If they want to put real steatite gameplay into AC, there's really nothing stopping them from doing so. The faux-MGS stuff we have now isn't that. I'm talking about using the Splinter Cell formula, like Watch_Dogs does.

cackhyena

MGS 1-3 did without crouching but they were great stealth games. It doesn't necessarily need crouching to be a good stealth game. But it does need some sort of gameplay revamp.

True, but I like the added immersion because of it. In Ground Zeroes, it's a nice simple system in place that lets you know how visible you are. Standing, crouching and crawling in relation to the enemies distance can all be learned over time. It also does away with relying on the game itself to auto-crouch you into bushes or behind waist high obstacle...which they always screw up at some point.

I've been wanting a revamp of game play from this series for a while. I would just love it if they gave an option to stealth your way through entire missions. Make it feel like that's an actual well thought out path, not an addition to the kill everything in your path approach.

Top Bottom