• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to announce DriveClub release date 'shortly'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't hear you! Lalalalala…

Also, this looks new!

1506209_1454069701471865_1645088892_o.jpg

That may be even more reason to not take this speculated date seriously. I already asked Rushy if they were focusing on road legal cars or if something like the Zonda R (which isn't legal) would be in the game, and he said that they're definitely focused on road legal but they may add others down the line. Plus that definitely looks like a race track and as far as we know there aren't any in DC.

So, that isn't from DC unless they've changed the direction that they were going with it.

I'll regularly say: "the tea will be ready shortly", and that generally means half an hour.

So Sony is categorically way off the mark. A release date is overdue!
This is Sony we are taking about... A company infamously known to be usually late with their conferences let alone the fact that their media departments takes their slow time in releasing vids

viveks86

That may be even more reason to not take this speculated date seriously. I already asked Rushy if they were focusing on road legal cars or if something like the Zonda R (which isn't legal) would be in the game, and he said that they're definitely focused on road legal but they may add others down the line. Plus that definitely looks like a race track and as far as we know there aren't any in DC.

So, that isn't from DC unless they've changed the direction that they were going with it.

Whoa! LOL. If you are right, and I'm inclined to think that you are, PSM Italy is trolling us! Naughty!

I'm curious to know what game it is from, if not Driveclub. Project Cars? The lighting looks just like DC.

This shot is from Project CARS and not DRIVECLUB!

Welp! That's it folks. We are being trolled!

I can't hear you! Lalalalala…

Also, this looks new!

1506209_1454069701471865_1645088892_o.jpg
The image appears to have been around since October.

http://games.cnews.ru/blog/?p=11858#more-11858

No date on the article page itself, but there is one on the blog list page, http://games.cnews.ru/blog/?paged=3 - October 20, 2013 (16:17:42)

Also the image path has 2013/10 in it. http://games.cnews.ru/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DriveClub%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5.jpg

Seems odd we've not seen it before it is has been doing the rounds since then?

inFamous: Second Son
Watch Dogs
Metal Gear: Ground Zero
Thief
Secret Ponchos
Road Not Taken
MLB 14: The Show

And a few other games that are coming for those who haven't played on PC, like Planetside 2 and Daylight and Final Fantasy XIV.

PS4 fans will be fine until then :p

Still, can't believe they slipped this much with DriveClub if it ends up being true. That's just a colossal slip. I mean I rather them make the game as best as it could be, but I wonder why they slipped so dramatically.

I have a feeling it is the social stuff holding it all back. When it comes to the graphics and everything, always looked solid. Looks much better now for sure, but even back at Gamescom and such ... didn't see any graphical issues that would cause a delay.

They prob got some feedback on the social aspects of the racing and are working to get that perfected. That would be my guess anyway. But is there any chance they release a game like .. a month before it actually hits shelves? Thats what worries me the most. With each passing day, the further that possible future release date slips. Right now we are likely in March.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Depends whether June means early. Jury's still out on that one.

I stand at the ready to recalibrate my rate of hype-over-time so as to avoid pulling a muscle.
The tweet came from a Euro source, right? Could be a late May launch in the US and early June for Europe.

sneaky77

I want this game to be good, so I am ok with the delay, it will get announced when it gets announced I don't see the big deal about it, now if it slides back into November, that may be an issue lol

Come on Sony this is getting ridiculous. Just cough up a date so everyone knows when to expect it instead of this drama with DC going on for sometime now. If its June say it, if its Dec say it, just say something. I can't believe the project management on this project is this bad that it can't have any date.

And start releasing some media for the 2014 PS4 games...the media draught is just more salt on these delays.

Occam

Have had DriveClub on pre-order since before PS4 launched, because I expected it to be a launch game. Yes, it would be nice to play it right about now, but I'd rather wait than get a bad game.
"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto

I know. Recently I had the chance to buy a really cheap T500 and upgrade from a DFGT. I know there's this post by Rushy stating that only the T80 and T500 are currently supported, but I'd like a more official confirmation about this matter.

Thomas from Fanatec was hinting at this potential issue when he was explaining why he wasn't going to be able to make the 360 wheels compatible. He said he was weary of the situation with ps4 because instead of setting a standard like MS did it's kind of the wild west out there. Imagine the clusterfuck if wheels only work on certain games, like driveclub won't support a G27 but GT 7 will.

Man a Primal sequel........hnnnng.

Sadly, that's impossible, but why?

Whhhhhhy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09GnX9bVi0

I loved Primal, so much. It had awesome style, the visuals were amazing for the PS2 at the time, the voice acting was superb and I really liked the locations and sense of adventure. I felt its main failings were probably over-prescribed character controls (there was little freedom of movement and you could only interact with things where pre-determined), and combat that felt a bit scrappy and simple. It's a real shame Sony forgot to market it and it utterly fell on its arse and failed. I think it would make a neat series to continue digitally on PSN, in shorter $15 games. Unfortunately* SCEE Cambridge Studio are now Guerrilla Cambridge and they'll probably develop little other than Killzone going forward.

*I did really enjoy Killzone Mercenary, but creatively I liked Cambridge Studios' older games like Medievil and Primal.

mujun

It's weird that Amazon Japan still has this listed as hitting on the 22nd of Feb. They are usually very quick to fix that sort of stuff.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, this is kinda getting ridiculous by now.. :/

I'm going on previous experience over many years.

I never claimed it to be accurate, guaranteed or and indication of anything. It just struck me as strange.

No worries, I'm only making fun of Amazon, certainly not you ! I wonder when they will change that completely fake date. Maybe the 28th ?

viveks86

That bump hurt a little bit. I don't remember the last time a store date has been accurate before an official announcement. A lot of them end up being placeholders based on speculation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom