• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

whitehawk

Banned
HWTIW.png

t1334739600z1.png

K3TdK.png

The sequel to one of the best selling XBLA titles is back and better than ever. What had originally started as a simple flash game has evolved into so much more. RedLynx hasn't held back this time around,
improving many aspects from Trials HD that fans have been asking for. Trials Evolution features outdoor racing, curved racing lines, deeper rider customization and an extensive track editor.
Most exciting is the new additions of both online and offline multiplayer, as well as a global track editor which will allow you to download user created tracks from any Trials Evolution player.
The track editor this time around gives you the ultimate freedom. You can create anything from pinball, first person shooters, racers or SHMUP games. The Trials community will thrive with the newest instalment in the Trials series.
Be sure to check this game out, and enjoy the OT!

u5Zc2.png

hLJMf.png

J5KWS.png

Trials Evolution includes many key features that makes this game unique to the series. There are solo tracks, multiplayer, skill games,
leader boards and track central. Some are new to the series, and some have been revamped and improved.

b3HqH.png

The classic trials gameplay is playing tracks solo and trying to beat your own and others high scores. There were some complaints from Trials HD
that the learning curve was too steep and that the game's difficulty went up too fast. Trials Revolution attempt to remedy this is requiring you to
pass a 'License Test' to move on to harder tracks. License tests will teach you new riding styles that are mandatory to pass harder tracks.
There are 4 different tests separating difficulties.

• 60 solo tracks
  • Tracks will tack place in varied environments, indoor and outdoor
  • Tracks may feature a curved driving line
  • New environment pieces such as water which can be driving through
  • Bigger limit for level sizes
  • Global leader boards
  • Downloadable replays

GGGiI.png

Trials HD brought something new to the series, fun mini-games that were lightly or heavily based off the basic Trials gameplay mechanics.
Trials Evolution is taking it to the next level. Skill games can range from any type of game type, far away from the basic trials gameplay.

Confirmed Skill Games
  • Freestyler - Race down a hill on skis. The farther you go and the amount of flips you do determines your score.
  • Icarus Factor - Launch yourself off your bike and flap your wings to reach the farthest distance possible.
  • S.P.H.E.R.E. - Control a marbal through many obstacle courses. This is basically like Marble Blast Ultra.
  • Cruise Control - Your bikes accelerator is permanently on and you have no brakes. Go as far as possible.
  • Ball of Steel - You have a curved roller coaster track attached to your bike that is holding a steel ball. Ride as far as possible without dropping the ball.
  • UFO Skill Game* - You control a UFO, and you must land on a set amount of landing points as fast as possible.
* - Name not confirm

eZ9Ni.png

New to Trials is synchronous multiplayer. Now you can play with your friends online over XBox Live, or on the same screen locally.
Multiplayer over XBox Live works by displaying your rivals as ghosts on the same track. Any solo track is available to play in multiplayer over XBL.
Local multiplayer works different to avoid collisions. Local races must take place on specific 'Supercross' tracks designed with 4 different bike lanes.
Supercross tracks are designed to be short and action packed. Don't expect the same type of gameplay you would expect from solo tracks.

How does local multiplayer work exactly?
Instead of opting for split screen multiplayer, RedLynx let's all player play on one screen. If a player falls too far behind,
they will respawn at the next checkpoint that is reached by the racer in last place, with a 'point' taken away from them.
The amount of points you lose will affect the final outcome of the race.

xLnkW.png

Trials HD had a great level editor, but it did not have the proper infrastructure to share tracks created in it.
Trials Evolution has solved this problem with Track Central. It lets you download and share user generated
tracks with anyone in the world.

When you launch Track Central you will, you will find tracks sorted into 9 different categories.

YVId8.png
vQNK9.png
Z50V1.png

rVQIF.png
DzFoO.png
jASCb.png

zohvF.png
sM7Te.png
8oEFR.png

caNWl.png

Collectables

There are 30 squirrels for you to collect in the game. It is not clear yet how you collect them.

Easter Eggs

There were many easter eggs hidden in crevices of Trials HD tracks, and it's expected we will so more in Evolution.

Down the theme song
Link

gXtXc.png

How much will Trials Evolution cost?
1200 Microsoft Points ($15)

Does Trials Evolution maintain the same physics from Trials HD?
Yes. Numerous previews have stated that the same physics from Trials HD are intact.

Is there any DLC?
No DLC has been announced yet, but it's expected the game will receive more content in the future.

Will Trials Evolution have 400 Gamerscore?
Yes. Trials Evolution will be the first XBLA game to feature 400 gamerscore points.

Does this game run at 60fps?
Yes!

Is there a counter that tracks how much I play the game?
Yes. It will remind you every time you go to the main menu.

Are there varied weather environments in Trials Evolution?
Yes! There is dynamic weather! Tracks can start out during a sunny day end up being covered in a thunderstorm.

Are there global leaderboards for user created tracks?
Yes!

Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play this game?
You only need to Gold to play multiplayer online. You can access leader boards, upload and download tracks with Silver.

Should I buy this game?
Yes!

PlnRG.png

dWMGf.png

3ppkz.png

pStZr.png

Full Track Videos
Trailers
Interviews
Gameplay
Track Editor Tutorials

5YqMg.png

b3829ff2wju0h.gif
287d4670edqcw.gif

2091cbd84jup3.gif
ab9815692mohb.gif

8BgGM.png

Trials Evo Wallpapers by FatShady
Click Here to Download

tkyg4m.jpg
TYVCqm.jpg

vMvbNm.jpg
aMN3Hm.jpg

qqYOAm.jpg
Kpy2nm.jpg

bvVOdm.jpg
fxD7Bm.jpg

aFkfS.png

RNgJv.png
rDir0.png
zJlpu.png
8v1el.png

Hope you enjoy the OT! This is my first official thread so be kind :)

whitehawk

Banned
Qn7oF.png

Ever week there will be a featured track that you are encouraged to tackle and get the best score possible.
At the end of the week the top scores of the track will be posted and a winner will be declared!
*Must have the GAF gamertag on your friends list to participate

This weeks track: Redlynx Moto-Jam

fwvOV.png

Search for tracks by gamertag and track title to find and download the track.

HJM8e.png

Gamertag | Track Name

MMaRsu NL | Bumpy Tunnel
Duallusions | Tricky Lake
arvinater | Metallurgy v2

If you have a track you created that you would like to show off PM me and I will add them to this post.

Or

Want to play with other GAF members?
Add your gamertag to the list with this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGtLMVl6RDZMZmJxcTdwOEF2UVctWWc6MQ#gid=0

View the list by clicking here.

Hyyyyyyped!

The first thing I'm going to do when I get this is watch the end credits. Right to the end. This time next week. THIS TIME NEXT WEEK

God job on the OT.

This is the only game that I'm really excited about this year. Hopefully it's still got the flair and passion of HD, which it looks to have nailed down.

whitehawk

Banned
Oh god dammit. The grey matched up with the background grey in the preview but nooo, it wants to change shades when I press submit...

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The sequel to one of the best XBLA titles ever. Can't wait.

*edit*
Holy shit, next week? Yus!

eso76

I probably asked in some other thread but lost track..
is this going to be 60fps like the prequel ?

I absolutely can't wait. The insane depth the editor goes into ensures that this game will have unrivalled longevity... Trials HD already had that with its default levels alone.

owlbeak

So pumped for a central track database for this one. It really hurt Trials HD. I played the shit out of that and can't wait for this. :D

Lanbeast

I've never been so excited about a game that originated as a flash game.

Can't wait to make drinking games out of that local multiplayer with my friends.

atomsk

Party Pooper
this will probably be all I'm playing for much of the rest of the year (and beyond)

would love more friends on my leaderboard, add "attack slug"

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
File sharing without having to be attached to the sharer's friends list is huge. I can't wait to see the crazy shit the community does.

Game of the Forever in one week. With Witcher 2 and then Trials Evolution next week, I'll be set for a long ass time.

Sweet OP whitehawk!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Good that you added the tutorials for the editor into OP. Once they're all out, the OP will be hella useful for track building if it contains them all.

NinjaJesus

Getting this, Skullgirls and FEZ on the same day...can't wait.

On top of that the Ghost Recon Beta will be starting and Witcher 2 will be here *squeel*

SparkTR

A great month for downloadable titles. Fez, Trials, Legend of Grimrock and Botanicula. All up those four games will cost me ~$45. Suddenly 'AAA' games aren't looking very appealing.

Top Bottom