• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2017

Experien

$85 if you want to buy it physical and have GCU 😁

PPT is out for delivery today for me, looking forward to it. It's going to take a lot to get me into the idea of rebuying MK8 though

Yeah, but there is no way I want a physical of MK8D, need that on me at all times.

Excited to nab PuyoPuyo Tetris when I get home from work and Mario Kart later in the week.

Last week saw Hamster release Fatal Fury for both PS4 and Switch.

I see they have "Galaxy Fight" out on PSN today, wonder if we'll get it on Switch Thursday? Anyone know if it's any good?

34008079202_79c7a73d99.jpg

TheMoon

Wonder Boy? That's already out, no?

I don't see a release for this week with MK8 and stuff...or is that the only release?
->
Provisional releases in Europe.
Nintendo Switch

- Kamiko (Flyhigh Works) - €4.99/£4.49
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) - €59.99/£49.99
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Sega) - €39.99/£34.99
- Overtop (Hamster Co.) - NeoGeo - €6.99/£6.29

Wii U

- Use Your Words (Smiling Buddha Games) - €14.99

New Nintendo 3DS

- Ascent of Kings (Nostatic Software) - €2.25

Reminder that today is Tuesday, not Thursday. :)

BooJoh

NA PR hits Thursday mornings, but most of the titles are usually listed on the web storefront sometime Wednesday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder how long until Switch starts getting sales on the eShop.

Kamiko looks....decent, especially for only $5. Waiting for Blaster Master Zero & Voez to get discounts. Though I might give in to Kamiko just because it'd be nice to have a new game exclusive to the system that isn't a port of something I've already played....even if I'll probably get Cave Story+ & MK8 Deluxe down the line.

donny2112

Usually the launch titles start seeing sales by the time the later waves of titles hit. No incentive to put launch stuff on sale until there's something more recent for it it to compete with.

One of the advantages of subscribing to the online service is 'exclusive offers'... Sales probably won't begin until then and I wouldn't be surprised if all first party sales were offered to members only.

oni-link

Anyone have any idea if the Specter of Torment Shovel Knight DLC will be released on EU eShop today?

Feels like everyone else has it except for us in the EU :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ok so since I just got my Switch finally, and you are my OG Nintendo homies what should I prioritize from the eShop?

I plan on getting a $50 eShop card along with picking up Kart (physical). I'm already buying Snipperclips to play with my daughter. So that leaves me $30 give or take (I could always just spend a tad more).

I was thinking maybe Graceful Explosion and Master Blaster? Then I could just bank the left over credit while I play through what I got for now.

Hegarol

Ok so since I just got my Switch finally, and you are my OG Nintendo homies what should I prioritize from the eShop?

I plan on getting a $50 eShop card along with picking up Kart (physical). I'm already buying Snipperclips to play with my daughter. So that leaves me $30 give or take (I could always just spend a tad more).

I was thinking maybe Graceful Explosion and Master Blaster? Then I could just bank the left over credit while I play through what I got for now.
I loved Fast RMX (still playing it!), SnakePass and Blaster Master Zero. But with MK8 coming I would prioritize the last two. Graceful Explosion is worth it as well. Mr. Shifty is also a good game but I suggest waiting for the performance patch.

Experien

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fun and $30. You can play them separately or together.

It is tough but I have enjoyed Has-Been Heroes a lot, $20. Tutorial doesn't really tell you how to play the game the right well and can be very planny.

Kamiko comes out today for $5. Imagine a speedrun version of Link to the Past with four different characters that could be beat in about an hour and you have that game. People who DLed it from JP eShop have been raving about it and finally coming to US.

I only have one Neo-Geo game, Shock Troopers. But it is $8 and mighty fun. You have to have 2 joycons per person but it plays two players and a really nice side-scrolling shooter game.

FAST RMX is a crazy good racer game for $15 (or was it $20?) that allows 4 player split screen, 60fps, 1080p, online play, and more. It is F-Zero with color changing for boosts like Ikaruga.

That's all I currently have to recommend. I didn't like SnakePass and there is Zelda of course.

Bowl0l

One of the advantages of subscribing to the online service is 'exclusive offers'... Sales probably won't begin until then and I wouldn't be surprised if all first party sales were offered to members only.
They can continue that "discounts only for members" mantra but they won't attract new buyers.
Non members will see the eShop and say "Just another day at the eShop" and close the webpage/app.

Vanillalite

I loved Fast RMX (still playing it!), SnakePass and Blaster Master Zero. But with MK8 coming I would prioritize the last two. Graceful Explosion is worth it as well. Mr. Shifty is also a good game but I suggest waiting for the performance patch.

Fast was one of my most anticipated eShop games, but I too feel like if I'm already gonna get kart tomorrow I should probably prioritize something else. :/

BooJoh

I've spent over 125 hours on BotW and I'm not a big fan of 3D Zelda games, it's really fantastic.

I just finished Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap and it was a great game, if a bit short for the price. Around 5-7 hour range.

You can grab a demo for PuyoPuyo Tetris, and if you make a JP account you can also get demos for DQH1+2 and Spelunker.

Vanillalite

Yeah I forgot to mention I got Zelda when I finally found a system earlier this week. That's all I got though until tomorrow. :p

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game races to the Nintendo Switch console with more characters, karts and tracks unlocked from the start than any other game in Mario Kart history. The anti-gravity racing game is the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and includes a revamped Battle Mode that players of all ages can enjoy together.* Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be available on April 28.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris – Two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris, one of the best-selling and most-recognized brands in gaming history, and Puyo Puyo from SEGA have combined to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other. The game offers tons of game-play styles – from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with Arcade modes up to four players** – for tons of Tetris/Puyo Puyo variety. A free demo for the game is also available in Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

- Kirby’s 25th Anniversary
- Runbow Pocket Theme Bundle

Activities:

New My Nintendo Reward! – To celebrate the upcoming launch of the Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers game for the Nintendo Switch console on May 26, My Nintendo is offering a May calendar featuring the “supreme master of the fist” himself, Akuma. To learn more about other My Nintendo rewards, head over to https://my.nintendo.com.

Also new this week:

- TumbleSeed (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 2
- ACA NEOGEO OVER TOP (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- KAMIKO (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Blasting Agent Ultimate Edition – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Use Your Words (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Absolutely Unstoppable MineRun (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, available April 28) - €59.99/£49.99
All your favourite tracks and characters return from the Wii U version, plus all DLC tracks and characters, and new characters join the roster, too: Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.! Plus, battle mode has been revamped and includes Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast, with all-new courses such as Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, and returning ones like (GCN) Luigi’s Mansion and (SNES) Battle Course 1 from Super Mario Kart on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media) - €39.99/£34.99
Two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris, one of the largest-selling and recognized brands in gaming history, and Puyo Puyo from SEGA have combined to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other! The game offers tons of gameplay styles – from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with up-to-four player Arcade modes, for tons of Tetris/Puyo variety. Plus, an in-game Shop enables players to unlock new characters and skins for Puyos and Tetriminos.

KAMIKO (Flyhigh Works) - €4.99/£4.49
KAMIKO is a game styled around Japanese Shinto beliefs. Fight as priestesses called "KAMIKO" and battle against demons while solving puzzles to make your way through the stages. Look no further if you are looking for an arcade action game with a twist! Each stage has several Torii (gates) which are magically sealed. Find a way to break all the seals to make your way to the stage boss.

ACA NEOGEO OVER TOP (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
“OVER TOP” is a racing game released by SNK in 1996. Players will participate in races through urban areas, mountainous regions, and snowy roads. The courses also feature weather variations to add more variety to the game. In addition to the various vehicles with different performance factors which players can use, they can also enjoy the thrill of drifting their way through corners to clear courses.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 3 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Mixed Puzzles 3 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 3 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99

Special offers
Mini Sports Collection (Rainy Frog) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends May 18, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Ambition of the Slimes (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.87 (Ends May 18, normally €5.00/£4.79)
Castle Conqueror Defender (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.93 (Ends May 18, normally €4.99/£4.89)
Puzzle Labyrinth (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.57 (Ends May 18, normally €5.00/£4.29)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends May 4, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Ascent of Kings (Nostatic Software) - €2.25/£1.99
The death of a King. An epic challenge to choose a new ruler. Will the smallest of four brothers turn out to be the strongest? Will a young boy become King? The answer is up to you.

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
All the themes release on April 28.

Hello Kitty 3D toy (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty 3D toy version

Hello Kitty 3D runs (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty runs with her friends

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Use Your Words (Smiling Buddha Games) - €14.99/£14.99
Grab a few friends and get ready to laugh. Use Your Words is the party game for funny people and their unfunny friends! Use Your Words is a game that invites players to respond to a variety of mini-games and prompts with the funniest answers they can think of! Players play using their phones and tablets as controllers, making game-play seamless and quick to pick up. Players who get stumped can use one of the hidden "House Answers" to lay a trap for their fellow players once it's time for everyone to vote for their favourite.

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 3 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Mixed Puzzles 3 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 3 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Minecraft: Wii U Edition - Glide Beasts Track Pack (Mojang, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.39
Minecraft: Wii U Edition - Glide Track Pack Season Pass (Mojang, Add-on Content) - €9.99/£7.99

Special offers
Back to Bed (Bedtime Digital) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends May 24, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.70 (Ends May 18, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Twin Robots (Ratalaika Games) - €3.74/£3.36 (Ends May 4, normally €4.99/£4.49)

Glad Tumbleseed is out soon. That game looks unique and fun. I feel like I have a ton of stuff to play on Switch. Something worth grabbing each week.

maty

Hi, I have a question regarding taxes when buying digital games from nintendo.com.

I live in South America and I'm getting a Switch on monday. I was planning on buying BotW digitally since I have some credit left.

So I went to nintendo.com but during checkout I noticed tax would be charged but when buying from nintendo eshop with my WiiU tax is $0.00.

Does the web store charge tax no matter the address registered in your account?

If it does I'll wait until Monday but thought I could save some time and do it before I get the console.

Thanks

zigg

So I went to nintendo.com but during checkout I noticed tax would be charged but when buying from nintendo eshop with my WiiU tax is $0.00.
In the U.S. I've always been charged tax on 3DS and Wii U, whether buying on the console or not.

GulAtiCa

Really depends on where you buy it from. Here in GA, my county doesn't require tax. So I never have to worry about eShop tax. Other counties might/etc.

Ondore

They've done alternate weeks recently, but a slowdown was inevitable. (Now, where the bloody hell are the SNES games on 3DS?)

Weevilone

I'm wanting to buy a few digital Switch games and I want to make sure my account is squared up.

I already own digital 3DS, Wii, and Wii U games. Is there anything I need to do in order to make sure my accounts are in sync? I don't want to be starting something new on accident. Thanks.

PtM

Banned
I'm wanting to buy a few digital Switch games and I want to make sure my account is squared up.

I already own digital 3DS, Wii, and Wii U games. Is there anything I need to do in order to make sure my accounts are in sync? I don't want to be starting something new on accident. Thanks.
I suppose you use the same NNID for 3DS and WiiU? Link that with your Switch's NAcc.
https://accounts.nintendo.com/federation
Wii library is hardware bound.

Top Bottom