• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Neiteio

You guys getting super pumped up are insane. You can be interested in a game/series without heralding it as the return of Christ.
I know this will be a mindblowing revelation to you, but some people are excited about things you yourself are not. And believe it or not, the excitement these people feel is genuine. It's kind of like how sometimes people actually like the games they play and will actually share that joy, as unfashionable as it is to not be a jaded soul-less cynic. Crazy, I know.

I'm glad someone shares this viewpoint with me. I mean, really?

In RE4 she looked barely Asian. If it weren't for the dress I would not even think so =/

SK1rk.jpg

To be fair, she has looked considerably MORE Asian in the cutscenes for Darkside Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City but these aren't directly developed by Capcom.

Yeah she had small subtle asian features in RE4. It was the dress that screamed "I'm asian". Also who could even tell in RE2 when she looked like this other than information about her that stressed she was Chinese she sure didn't look like it

images

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH MY GOD.

WATCHING NOW .

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

"With Resident Evil 5, what you saw was pretty much a straightforward game from start to finish. There wasn't much variety in terms of where you were and what you were doing - we wanted to bring that back a little. Each part of the game stands out on its own, and you feel like you're experiencing something different depending on where you are in the game. Basically, the guiding theme was of spatial orientation - that we'd focus on certain areas and give the best performance from each scene, each backdrop."

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, producer

HYPE

Nemesis_

I'm really wondering how they handle this scenario system.

Will they be selectable, like Resident Evil 2?

If so I can see the Leon / Helena scenario being very much classic Resident Evil. Something like the Lost In Nightmares DLC for Resident Evil 5.

Chris / BSAA Lackey in China for actioney crap.

And didn't they also leak and/or announced that NuWesker will be playable? Or even that sometime after finishing the game there will be a new scenario with
.........Ada
?

THE POSSIBILITIES excite me. I suppose I'm just a diehard RE fan at heart.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, I cried... that was so much fan-service it's ridiculous. After the shit year that was 2011, I still can't fathom how good 2012 will be. Everything with this trailer looked good T_T I want to scream out "GOTY!!!" multiple times but Diablo III is coming out... :_:

Ahasverus

You know what I like? That they actually make the charachters look OLDER. That's something I've seen just a few times in videogames. Ada for example looks now like an almost 40-ish woman farm frmo the young beauty she was once same with leon. Sherry looks like a woman now too.

Graphics are insane.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
jvaWP.jpg

Holy fuck, is this the HUD in the bottom right corner? wow.

Nemesis_

• Wesker Jr's real name is Jake Muller
  • Each playable character has a different gameplay focus
    [*]Leon = RE4, Chris = RE5, Muller = "something new"​
  • New enemies are a result of the C-Virus
  • A "totally new control scheme" has been employed
  • North America, China and Eastern Europe are locations in the game
  • Solo and co-op, both online and offline.
  • Zombies return.
  • The J'avo take damage based on where you shoot them.
    [*]Damage a part enough without destroying, that part mutates, becomes more powerful​
  • The C-Virus can make enemies undergo "Chrysalide", which "take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures"
  • Mercenaries Mode will return
  • Shooting while moving, sliding, rolling, cover and enhanced melee attacks are in
  • Demo included with Dragon's Dogma hits July 3rd for XBox, Sept 4 for PS3.

dankir

It looks so pretty but too action heavy. I just beat Dead Space 2 last night and if RE5 was any indication Resident Evil represent the horror genre anymore. RE:Revelaitons was a nice surprise though.

Wait so
does that mean Ashley dies and feasts on her father or is this a different president and daughter duo
Either way Ivy University sounds like an awesome location. Although the description of Zombies annoys me.

Leon = RE4, Chris = RE5, Muller = "something new"
Muller=Adventure. Resident Evil 1-4 had elements of adventure to them. I guess that means Leon's scenario is more horror themed, Chris' scenario is more action themed and muller's is more adventure themed. Although I have a feeling it will still lean to "dudebro" for most people's liking.

Adr1an

• Wesker Jr's real name is Jake Muller
  • Each playable character has a different gameplay focus
    [*]Leon = RE4, Chris = RE5, Muller = "something new"​
  • New enemies are a result of the C-Virus
  • A "totally new control scheme" has been employed
  • North America, China and Eastern Europe are locations in the game
  • Solo and co-op, both online and offline.
  • Zombies return.
  • The J'avo take damage based on where you shoot them.
    [*]Damage a part enough without destroying, that part mutates, becomes more powerful​
  • The C-Virus can make enemies undergo "Chrysalide", which "take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures"
  • Mercenaries Mode will return
  • Shooting while moving, sliding, rolling, cover and enhanced melee attacks are in
  • Demo included with Dragon's Dogma hits July 3rd for XBox, Sept 4 for PS3.

Really there is coop offline in this game too. Nice

Wait so
does that mean Ashley dies and feasts on her father or is this a different president and daughter duo
Either way Ivy University sounds like an awesome location. Although the description of Zombies annoys me.

I think it's been confirmed already that it was a new president. Also...

l_4f83e62691043.jpg

wut

Yoshichan

Watched it again... the graphics are gorgeous and I love the art-direction they went with! Aaaaaaaah!

Floex

Doubtful, judging by the comments of the game structure. BUT I do think that, given how Revelations was, that this will still work brilliantly.

But? But, wasn't that the huge oversight in 5 in that the team AI was so retarded that it spoilt the game? Just out of interests how does it differ in Revelations?

Really, I think they are setting themselves up a fall here

Nemesis_

But? But, wasn't that the huge oversight in 5 in that the team AI was so retarded that it spoilt the game? Just out of interests how does it differ in Revelations?

Really, I think they are setting themselves up a fall here

I didn't find the AI to be that bad at all. At least, in Revelations the AI didn't have their own inventory and as far as I saw they also couldn't die. To put it simply, they were less of a nuisance.

I know it's gonna be a different team, but at least I feel this gives a bit of hope. I doubt Capcom will be THAT deaf to people's complaints about RE5. The AI of Sheva was one of the major problems (apparently).

Zombie thing with a gun just kind of put me off =/

Yoshichan

More screens of Chris vs Leon!

Top Bottom