• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ross61

Trailers, social media promo, constant interviews, set visit releases, filters,music coming, and etc. What more is there?

Penguin

For a movie dropping in November? It's everywhere. We keep getting new media and interviews around it. Wonder Woman is sandwiched between a Guardians sequel and an MCU Spidey flick, and it's a ton of people waiting on it that don't even realize it's coming in June. I keep having to check the date, and I'm all over this stuff. They're gonna ramp up promo in May (maybe?) for a June superhero flick? Compare where it's at with promo right now to where Suicide Squad and BvS were less than two months from release. They're not even comparable. A couple of trailers doesn't satisfy marketing this movie.

I just think it's weird. It looks decent. Why aren't they pushing it?

We haven't gotten a ton of new media or interviews for Justice League really.

Or am I missing a complete section of the internet

Like I'm not saying WW marketing isn't a bit subdued. Like she is the face of DC's Free Comic Book Day and they have Wonder Woman Day in June and re-releasing her animated movie, but yeah there's not like an all out assault we saw w/ BvS and Squad.

We haven't gotten a ton of new media or interviews for Justice League really.

Or am I missing a complete section of the internet

Like I'm not saying WW marketing isn't a bit subdued. Like she is the face of DC's Free Comic Book Day and they have Wonder Woman Day in June and re-releasing her animated movie, but yeah there's not like an all out assault we saw w/ BvS and Squad.

Could be they just toned it down because of complaints of showing too much the last tone around? It's possible..

Penguin

Could be they just toned it down because of complaints of showing too much the last tone around? It's possible..

I honestly do think that's a big portion of it

Same reason JL trailer is so vaguely cut.

But like where's the cereal tie-in comics? Where's the Wonder Woman Wiz Khalifi track? Where's Gal on Kimmel...

Though speaking of that, do wonder if some of the muted advertisement is because she was pregnant and just gave birth a few weeks ago. Maybe don't wanna rush her back from spending time with her kid

Wonder Woman is lower budget than BvS and Suicide Side, and it extends to marketing. Why they'd go hard six weeks before release when other blockbusters are the focus, doesn't make much sense.

Ashhong

http://batman-news.com/2017/04/12/wonder-woman-wonder-wednesdays/

We are less than two months away from Wonder Woman, and that means the marketing is really going to start kicking in soon. And we won’t have to wait long!

Today, Gal Gadot and Chris Pine announced #WonderWednesdays. Every Wednesday (presumably until the movie’s release), fresh content, news, and promotions will be revealed. Fans can expect contests, behind-the-scenes photos, and even movie clips too.

This Wednesday was just the announcement, but stay tuned to Batman News next week for whatever Wonder Woman goodies come our way!

Wonder Woman hits theaters on June 2nd.

the fuck! Where was the content lol

I honestly do think that's a big portion of it

Same reason JL trailer is so vaguely cut.

But like where's the cereal tie-in comics? Where's the Wonder Woman Wiz Khalifi track? Where's Gal on Kimmel...

Though speaking of that, do wonder if some of the muted advertisement is because she was pregnant and just gave birth a few weeks ago. Maybe don't wanna rush her back from spending time with her kid

I think you just hit it here..totally forgot she just had a kid. How far in advanced do shows like Conan announce their guest? I'd guess she'd pop in there. He's on the WB lot, correct?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think you just hit it here..totally forgot she just had a kid. How far in advanced do shows like Conan announce their guest? I'd guess she'd pop in there. He's on the WB lot, correct?
They only announce a week ahead of time (usually). Gal won't be making the TV rounds until a week before the movie comes out (2 at most).

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Got it. Is it releasing world wide at the same time? Here first?
Looks like it's June 1/2 all around the world except for a few countries

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/releaseinfo

These are the countries were it's releasing later.

Switzerland 7 June 2017 (French speaking region)
France 7 June 2017
Greece 8 June 2017
Switzerland 15 June 2017 (German speaking region)
Germany 15 June 2017
Norway 16 June 2017
Spain 23 June 2017
Japan 25 August 2017

I'm praying Jordan Peele does The Flash. The Akira consideration was what took off in the mainstream media, but that detail was in the report too

What?

giphy.gif

Let this brother make the next four movies he has planned. Hoping beyond hope he isn't tempted by the devil (big studios), and sticks to his game plan..PLEASE.

Looks like it's June 1/2 all around the world except for a few countries

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/releaseinfo

These are the countries were it's releasing later.

Hmm..we're getting something next week. I'm convinced..

What are the 4 movies he has planned?

He's talked about 4 other stories that mix the horror genre with social issues. Personally, we don't get enough movies like Get Out, and the last thing I'd want is for him to get stuck under some tentpole shit..which he himself said he had zero interest in doing until he got his stories out there.

I've really enjoyed hearing his passion for the movie and what he plans for the future. Considering the cost of Get Out was $4 mil and has made $168,414,150 + being Blumhouse Productions #1 money making flick, I don't see anything stopping him..except himself, obviously.

Peele on Flash would be neat but after the (allegedly) social commentary fueled creative disagreements between Rick Famuyima and Warners, you'd be back in the same place. Maybe with the new script and date Warners is open to let Flash go in new directions.

Peele on Flash would be neat but after the (allegedly) social commentary fueled creative disagreements between Rick Famuyima and Warners, you'd be back in the same place. Maybe with the new script and date Warners is open to let Flash go in new directions.

No doubt, but I just feel he has better stories to tell. As cool as it would be, I'd prefer he sticks to his guns..

Would rather peele do his own shit right now too. It's bad enough waititi wasting his time on Thor. But peele just made one of the best twilight zones ever with get out

Like I'm sure his flash would be cool as well (if he wrote it too) but hopefully if he does do some big thing he goes back to his other ideas after rather than just continuously chase big properties.

Like Im hoping waititi makes another indie comedy soon.

What if Peele wanted to do The Flash?

I mean, his plan was before he became a hot commodity which opens the door for him being able to do a lot of different things now.

I mean, his plan was before he became a hot commodity which opens the door for him being able to do a lot of different things now.

Doesn't really need it anymore after how huge get out ended up. But yeah if he wants to then he wants to no doubt. Just hoping that him (and waititi considering Thor 3 is likely gonna be pretty big) continue to make smaller original output as well in the future. It's far too often that directors get a taste of these big licensed movies and stay stuck in that mode for so long

Please tell me the difference here lol

More than one movie..

fifth-element-chris-tucker-bzzz-bzzzzz-bzzzzzzz-1366999005t.gif

Nope. He was saying it while folks asked if he would take a break for tentpole shit because of the buzz. Again, I hope he isn't tempted. Based on everything I've heard him say, he's not interested. Lawd, I hope he isn't..

Nope. He was saying it while folks asked if he would take a break for tentpole shit because of the buzz. Again, I hope he isn't tempted. Based on everything I've heard him say, he's not interested. Lawd, I hope he isn't..

No one is interested until they hear the sound of the Brinks truck backing up to their doorstep...

No one is interested until they hear the sound of the Brinks truck backing up to their doorstep...

Only gonna repeat what I've said since week one and two..I hope he keeps the devil at bay, and sticks to his guns. Akira by him? I can totally see a great movie coming from him. Flash? Clearly, the same. I'm just saying what I'd presume the majority of cinema fans, who claim to want more original pictures coming out of Hollywood, is saying.

I'd happily watch his Spawn movie..as long as it's after what he had planned. Shit changes. No doubt. I've just been more excited at the prospect of Blum letting him do him because of his success with his first film than any megacorp..

EDIT--

Now, he had the freedom, like Nolan did, to make films in between? I'll change my tune..

BadAss2961

Now, he had the freedom, like Nolan did, to make films in between? I'll change my tune..
Why wouldn't he?

Who gives a fuck whether he does his projects now or later... If anything, getting in bed with one of the major studios would give him more budget for those movies down the road. Nolan was bagging groceries and eating bologna sandwiches before Memento hit and he hooked up with Warner Bros.

Only gonna repeat what I've said since week one and two..I hope he keeps the devil at bay, and sticks to his guns. Akira by him? I can totally see a great movie coming from him. Flash? Clearly, the same. I'm just saying what I'd presume the majority of cinema fans, who claim to want more original pictures coming out of Hollywood, is saying.

I'd happily watch his Spawn movie..as long as it's after what he had planned. Shit changes. No doubt. I've just been more excited at the prospect of Blum letting him do him because of his success with his first film than any megacorp..

EDIT--

.. and Nolan did that by attaching himself to a major franchise and delivering..

Why wouldn't he?

Who gives a fuck whether he does his projects now or later...

giphy.gif

What an odd question..I'm obviously stating as much, and going by the man's words.

.. and Nolan did that by attaching himself to a major franchise and delivering..

And Nolan had MORE THAN ONE movie under his belt before the Batman series..same as Taika Waititi on his Thor venture.

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I want more minority driven movies from the man..we've only had one, and I'm looking forward to what could be the future. Sorry, fellas..

Man has the keys to the kingdom at Blumhouse right now. Rather see him do his thing there FOR NOW. Fuck..

i just hope that wasteman Ruben Fleischer stays away from the DCUniverse. if there's a man I have less faith in than Whedon who might be next up its that guy.

Michael Bay Flash movie. the speedforce would cause everything to explode around him.

best believe the chase scenes would be cool as shit though.

Top Bottom