• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

purseowner
Member
(09-23-2017, 12:14 AM)
purseowner's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Try doing a search real quick. I think I remember claiming it... I have a bad mem though so I may be wrong...

Oh fantastic - I really don't need to make it myself, just don't want the game to go without an OT.
Shiggy
Member
(09-23-2017, 12:15 AM)
Shiggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by purseowner

Since no one else seems to be doing it:

Blue Reflection by purseowner (22nd Sept)

Releases 29th September.

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Try doing a search real quick. I think I remember claiming it... I have a bad mem though so I may be wrong...

Didn't Marmaladefire claim it?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5278
Cornbread78
(09-23-2017, 12:21 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by purseowner

Oh fantastic - I really don't need to make it myself, just don't want the game to go without an OT.

I meant *someone* claiming it, but not me, lol.

That's why I end up doing so many, lol.

I need to..





Forgot the word "someone"



I only have Ni No Kuni II outstanding...
cj_iwakura
Member
(09-23-2017, 12:31 AM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Well, the bolded part adds information here. Just saying "12 hours before release" was very vague and left room for discussion as it didn't make clear which release region it would refer to or what would happen in case of broken street dates. I for example didn't know that posting OTs early due to broken street days was OK. But if you want to make it more specific in the new thread, then it should really be this specific.

Not sure how much of an effect it will have anyway. If I post an OT 12 hours before midnight in Australia, then that's still more than a day out for New York (assuming a launch on the same date), giving plenty of time for "HYPE" posts despite following the 12 hour guideline since only a minority of users on here is Australia-based. Anyway, haven't really come across threads where there were issues related to the current vague guidelines ("no more than one day before release") so I guess the issues you described aren't very widespread.




As long as those are games that nobody cares about, it's not an issue I guess. Having an OT OT that's up-to-date should also help.

And no, nobody has talked to him/her apparently. luulubuu was busy whining about how mean I am ;)

You are being out of line, people do it same day all the time.
Shiggy
Member
(09-23-2017, 12:35 AM)
Shiggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

You are being out of line, people do it same day all the time.

Yeah, usually it's not an issue because there's little interest or there are other threads for that game to talk about until the OT is up, or because the OT is up in time.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-23-2017, 02:44 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Try doing a search real quick. I think I remember claiming it... I have a bad mem though so I may be wrong...

nothing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5689
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653
Cornbread78
(09-23-2017, 03:32 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Didn't Marmaladefire claim it?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5278

Originally Posted by TheMoon

nothing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5689
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653


I knew I saw it....
Quick
Banned
(09-23-2017, 05:20 AM)
My only suggestion with the new OT OT (err OT OT2?) is to keep the claiming format as posted in the OP.

[OT] before the title to reflect Off-Topic threads, none to assume gaming side. Not that it was a big deal, but I think people mistook the tag here and probably made it a little confusing. Unless you also want a distinction for gaming side threads - maybe a [Gaming] tag before the thread claim.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-23-2017, 11:09 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Didn't Marmaladefire claim it?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=5278

Welp, I guess Nemesis missed that original claim :/

Originally Posted by Quick

My only suggestion with the new OT OT (err OT OT2?) is to keep the claiming format as posted in the OP.

[OT] before the title to reflect Off-Topic threads, none to assume gaming side. Not that it was a big deal, but I think people mistook the tag here and probably made it a little confusing. Unless you also want a distinction for gaming side threads - maybe a [Gaming] tag before the thread claim.

I have no intentions of changing anything there. It works quite well. Not really looking to "change" anything at all really. I'll just add some passive aggressive nonsense about reading OPs :P
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-23-2017, 04:26 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar
I posted the new OT OT here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437324

any suggestions for changes welcome, I basically left almost everything as it was content wise. just did tiny formatting tweaks for my own usability.

Thread Tools