• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

Yeah man, people are really falling for the marketing hype of a game that hasn't even been announced. How could they, those sheep.

It's not officially announced, but at this point Microsoft knows that there is an audience that wants this game. I'm not saying that this was intentionally leaked either... I'm just questioning whether losing our minds over footage that looks exactly the same as a game that came out 9 years ago seems to be a little ridiculous... and this is coming from someone that loves the Gears franchise.

I see absolutely zero reason to be excited about this footage.

There's definitely a trend on this forum to hype the shit out of every upcoming product. The people that continue to buy substandard products from big developers do not appear to be learning anything from the past. And a whole lot of users on this forum essentially sound like viral marketers with the consistent echo chamber of positive reactions that I see posted here.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Furthermore, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that the multiplayer in Gears 1 was not that great. It was great at the time, yes... but Gears 3 had the best multiplayer in the franchise.

Speak for yourself, the original Gears of War was my favorite Gears multiplayer title. Even with all its glitches, host advantage, and other faults. Secondly, obviously it's likely that the multiplayer in this would have a lot of that fixed -- I doubt they'll keep lobbies, or host advantage, or anything else that would detract from a normal (expected) multiplayer experience.

As far as Halo: MCC is concerned -- if this is really just the original Gears, and maybe a Gears 3 refined take on Gears 1, then this isn't going to be in any way similar to the MCC. The MCC was four different games that worked separately from one another with four or so different studios coming together to try to put it all together seamlessly. This would be one game with a multiplayer component. I think if this is just the one game, then Microsoft's experience with the MCC is the reason for that.

This doesn't look like a remaster at all. It's literally just the same damn game. Also, it's definitely not 60fps in these videos, so I have absolutely no idea why everyone is getting all excited about this. You people are honestly losing your shit falling for this marketing hype.

Furthermore, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that the multiplayer in Gears 1 was not that great. It was great at the time, yes... but Gears 3 had the best multiplayer in the franchise.

Also, Halo: MCC still doesn't work, so why the hell would anyone want this?

Is anyone else remotely concerned by the fact that it's going to be 2 years into Xbox One's life cycle before we get a new Halo game, and probably 3 years before we get a new Gears game (this remaster doesn't count).

MadMaxTrailer.gif

Kssio_Aug

It's not officially announced, but at this point Microsoft knows that there is an audience that wants this game. I'm not saying that this was intentionally leaked either... I'm just questioning whether losing our minds over footage that looks exactly the same as a game that came out 9 years ago seems to be a little ridiculous... and this is coming from someone that loves the Gears franchise.

There's definitely a trend on this forum to hype the shit out of every upcoming product. The people that continue to buy substandard products from big developers do not appear to be learning anything from the past. And a whole lot of users on this forum essentially sound like viral marketers with the consistent echo chamber of positive reactions that I see posted here.

People just want to play Gears again in their Xbox One machines while they wait for the trully next Gears of War game. That's all. I don't know why we should not be happy with it.

We don't even know the price yet. If that's only a Gears 1 Remaster without much content added I don't think they're gonna charge full price anyway.

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty damn excited. I did not own a Xbox 360, and am finally be able to play it with friends! Also it seems good enough to me for a remaster!

So... Can we boil this down to "stop liking things I don't like?"

Looks great, I wonder what the price will be. I don't think it will be well received if it is over 29.99$. If it was Gears Judgement remaster, then yea, maybe 39.99$ would fly. But this game is old as hell, from 2006, doesn't matter how good it is, or how much remastering it received.

Yes, obviously what Gears fans want is a remastered version of a 2 year old game that was the worst part of the franchise.

Kibbles

Can anyone do a comparison because it doesn't look different from as I remember. Isn't 60fps on my phone though.

Mengetsu

Is there anyway to know this is real and not the PC version being mocked up with mods and such to fool everyone? I want this so bad but I can't tell if any leaks are real anymore :(

pizzacat

Banned
Went to the profile of the guy who's playing and his last played games are all the gears games and nhl 14.

I'm so hyped

No fun allowed? Don't rain on the parade.

As an Xbox One owner, I typically I prefer a parade where Microsoft doesn't consistently shit on me. Microsoft has done absolutely nothing on the Xbox One to suggest that they are interested in anything other than pandering to a certain subset of gamers and cashing in.

Nutter

^ This dude has ZERO reasons to be excited about Halo or Gears [he trolls both threads] and yet he makes it his business to come into each thread and shit on people having fun or just hype from anticipation. Amazing fellow. No one is asking you to lose your mind, in fact, no one even asks you to post every time people are hyped about something. Yet you are still here.

As an Xbox One owner, I typically I prefer a parade where Microsoft doesn't consistently shit on me. Microsoft has done absolutely nothing on the Xbox One to suggest that they are interested in anything other than pandering to a certain subset of gamers and cashing in.

If you feel MS is shitting on you, why are you still supporting them? Buy a PS4 and don't look back.

Head.spawn

Translation:

Please don't be excited, you dirty viral marketer shills.

Bish was excited about a Gears 1 remaster too, better yell at him as well.

Hexa

What subset?

I guess you should have done some research on the console before you bought it instead of listening to us GAF Shills™

I NEED THIS IN MY VEINS NOW! Day after conference release plz

But in all seriousness I am genuinely excited, it looks good and being my favorite Gears gives me so much hope for some good stuff this year. Would easily pay $60 for this again if it has all maps and everything included. But that's just cause I love Gears, 40 would be much more reasonable if it's really just one game.

I'm guessing they ain't gonna bother replacing that GFWL copy either, huh. Sucks, it's looking good. I'll have to grab it later when I get my own Xbone.

luffxan

That looks phenomenal ~ looking forward to playing it when I finally get around to buying an xbone
realistically speaking I'll probably spend an hour or two playing it at a gaming lounge and be done

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yes, obviously what Gears fans want is a remastered version of a 2 year old game that was the worst part of the franchise.

My point was about how old it is. Replace Judgement with Gears 3, and the meaning will be the same.

FLAguy954

I fucking hope that we get the PC version remastered as well.

Gears of War is the only franchise that would cause my to buy a console
but I won't because I don't feel like paying to play online either

madmackem

It might be mind tricks but having played it a huge amount on of back in the day this doesn't look much different. Again time could be playing tricks on my mind but I remember the of version looking amazing maxed out.

Of is pc don't know why iPad changed that.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The torque bow remains my favorite weapon in any multiplayer game, and I can't wait to use it again in this game. I used to be so good with it, and it would be awesome if I could replicate the experiences that I had with the first game.

It might be mind tricks but having played it a huge amount on of back in the day this doesn't look much different. Again time could be playing tricks on my mind but I remember the of version looking amazing maxed out.

Gears of War held up really well as long as you didn't look really closely at it. I don't think we'll be able to tell how much this will improve visually over the original until we see a more in depth video, or until we perhaps get to play it ourselves.

Smurf Yetti

Neo Member
That video isn't 60fps, but I see no reason why the game shouldn't be.

I played this for the first time last year... I would say it looks like a game from 2006, which it is. :p

Well, the PC version came out in 07 (almost in 08), so I think it looks a little better than that IMO.

Here's a YouTube video that is obviously not going to do it justice, but the game looks pretty good in full motion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqFjKSJdybY

My point was about how old it is. Replace Judgement with Gears 3, and the meaning will be the same.

I still do not see how your point makes sense. Why would people want to pay more for a remaster of a recent game that probably still looks good by today's standards.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It honestly looks a lot like the PC version of the game from 8 years ago, which still looks nice today at 4k/60fps.

I don't know what the PC version looks like, but if it looks like the 360 version of 1, this is completely different, this lighting looks like actual lighting, instead of just overly harsh bloom masqueraded as lighting like in GOW1.

RedSwirl

I was kind of hoping the graphics would look more like Gears 3, but what do I know. I only briefly played through the Gears trilogy a few years ago, and to be honest I'll only really get excited if I see the return of Gears 3 horde.

Going to need you to explain this one, and no dancing around either. I'm VERY interested in the bolded.

Nktrnl all over again; no way this wasn't intentional. But it's looking damn good, can't wait!

Why on earth would Microsoft leak this out a month before E3? It would have gone better if they'd announced it and told everyone what it was exactly (Just the first or what their plans are for the others etc)

Top Bottom